Presidential Election Live Coverage 2020

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does the electoral vote affect the election? I see that Trump is ahead in the popular vote and behind in the electoral vote. What does that mean?

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I think you would have to wait til tomorrow to see clearer results, it depends on the mail in votes I guess.

Reactions: April_Rose

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the votes get counted by computer in the US? Florida is already reporting at 44%

Here in Australia they still count votes by hand.
Oklahoma's is electronic...we are given a ballot sheet and with a black ink pen we fill in the circle, square or rectangle and then feed it into a machine that scans it.

Reactions: Josho

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The popular vote has no bearing on anything. When we vote we vote for electoral votes, Trump needs 270 which he will get

I think so too but let's not get too cocky and jinx it.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The popular vote has no bearing on anything. When we vote we vote for electoral votes, Trump needs 270 which he will get

This saddens me, so our votes don't count? Then why are we voting? Or did I get something wrong?

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oklahoma's is electronic...we are given a ballot sheet and with a black ink pen we fill in the circle, square or rectangle and then feed it into a machine that scans it.

Just like here, scan tron like. Makes me remind of taking a test in school :)

Reactions: April_Rose

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This saddens me, so our votes don't count? Then why are we voting? Or did I get something wrong?

Of course your vote counts all votes count, that is how the electors get picked and the candidate wins. The popular vote was started by others it never mattered in the USA, if the founding fathers had wanted to go by the popular vote your vote would not count

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course your vote counts ll votes count, that is how the electors get picked and the candidate wins. The popular vote was started by others it never mattered in the USA, if the founding fathers had wanted to go by the popular vote your vote would not count

That's right, that's why the democrats want to get rid of the electoral college vote and pack the courts. They basically want to become like American Nazis.

Reactions: historyb

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright Biden's currently got 209 and Trump's got 112 this is literally crunch time.

Reactions: historyb

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course your vote counts ll votes count, that is how the electors get picked and the candidate wins. The popular vote was started by others it never mattered in the USA, if the founding fathers had wanted to go by the popular vote your vote would not count

OK, I get it, who is casting the popular votes then?

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have a feeling it's going to be along night.
The streets are very busy, lots of protesters, Portland, Washington DC, VA, NY..
Pray..
This is why we are voting.. I hope ...
Everybody watching from the inside, while the world is getting restless on the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.