Presidential Election Live Coverage 2020

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Alright Biden's currently got 209 and Trump's got 112 this is literally crunch time.

Yeah it looks like the electoral is not voting for the people's vote. Like our election system is corrupt. This worries me :(

Reactions: April_Rose

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im sort of not understanding that part. Really odd.

I read up a little and it looks like people have been trying to abolish the electoral college for 200 years, but it would require a constitutional change, because it's written into the constitution. But it appears to me to be unconstitutional at best. People's votes really don't count to elect a president. At least that's what I'm seeing from reading up on it. These electoral people can just vote whoever they want, and it can be fraudulent in my opinion. I thought we were living in a democracy, but I'm starting to see we are not. I've been fed lies!

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's right, that's why the democrats want to get rid of the electoral college vote and pack the courts. They basically want to become like American Nazis.

That's not entirely true, April Rose, and it's an unfair assessment you're using to disavow Democrats. In fact, I know plenty of Republicans, and Independents like myself, who are in favor of amending the Electoral College or abolishing it. It would be beneficial for you to learn about it.

The Electoral College Explained

Why Was the Electoral College Created?

The Troubling Reason the Electoral College Exists

The Electoral College Has Been Divisive Since Day One

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read up a little and it looks like people have been trying to abolish the electoral college for 200 years, but it would require a constitutional change, because it's written into the constitution. But it appears to me to be unconstitutional at best. People's votes really don't count to elect a president. At least that's what I'm seeing from reading up on it. These electoral people can just vote whoever they want, and it can be fraudulent in my opinion. I thought we were living in a democracy, but I'm starting to see we are not.

There really shouldn't be any constitutional change here. Too many people paid for that in blood.

Reactions: Mayflower

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yeah it looks like the electoral is not voting for the people's vote. Like our election system is corrupt. This worries me :(

Several states are still to be finalized, and a lot of those states Trump is currently holding the lead in, once they are declared won, I believe Trump gets more electoral votes.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not entirely true, April Rose, and it's an unfair assessment you're using to disavow Democrats. I know plently of Republicans, and Independents like myself, who are in favor of amending the Electoral College or abolishing it. It would be beneficial for you to learn about it.

The Electoral College Explained

Why Was the Electoral College Created?

The Troubling Reason the Electoral College Exists

I didn't mean all of them and I wasn't signaling out anybody in particular either.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually it is, the electroal must vote the way you told them to

Then why is Biden in the lead. I really hope you're right, cause Trump should be pres. from the popular.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The founding fathers setup the electoral college so every vote mattered. The popular vote would mean two states would pick the president, those two states Ca and NY. In the popular vote no ones vote would matter, the way it is now your vote matters a great deal

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Several states are still to be finalized, and a lot of those states Trump is currently holding the lead in, once they are declared won, I believe Trump gets more electoral votes.

I hope so, man I'm biting my finger nails here! Aaarrrggghhh :eek:

Reactions: April_Rose
Status
Not open for further replies.