problem related to praying in tongues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The power of The Holy Spirit to do God's Work here on earth. He manifested strongly among the disciples in that time, and He still does today in foreign nations that have never heard of The Gospel of Jesus Christ. He doesn't just work in 'miracles' only though, and that is where many are confused.
I get what your saying... But the power was soo much greater the first few years of the Church... Like I pointed out... Paul nolonger had the power to heal Timothy of his stomach issues.... Look at the time line and you will see less and less of the Spirit preforming works through men...

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The GIBBERISH SPEAKERS who CLAIM is the cloven tongue of Pentecost,
I'll ask for the THIRD time...

What is the spiritual gift of the interpretation of tongues used for? See 1 Corinthians chapter 12.
And why did the Apostle prefer prophecy to tongues in chapter 14? (same book)

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... the power was soo much greater the first few years of the Church...
This is part of the problem. (unbelief)
Jesus was limited by unbelief in his own hometown.
We hear stories of miracles happening overseas where they still believe in miracles.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I get what your saying... But the power was soo much greater the first few years of the Church... Like I pointed out... Paul nolonger had the power to heal Timothy of his stomach issues.... Look at the time line and you will see less and less of the Spirit preforming works through men...
I don't see Timothy with stomach problems just for his suggesting to Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach's sake. Paul was simply telling Timothy that to reduce stress in his calling, to take a little wine. A little wine is good for the body. A lot of Churches preach against alcohol, but in moderation God's Word does not. A glass of wine everyday also helps reduce the bad cholesterol.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't see Timothy with stomach problems just for his suggesting to Timothy to take a little wine for his stomach's sake. Paul was simply telling Timothy that to reduce stress in his calling, to take a little wine. A little wine is good for the body. A lot of Churches preach against alcohol, but in moderation God's Word does not. A glass of wine everyday also helps reduce the bad cholesterol.
Yea... thus why is scripture even involved.... with such a Stupid issue... But hear you have it... Timothy with a stomach issue... And it's so important that It's written in our scriptures ...

YET... Your missing the point.... Paul was helpless to heal Timothy!!!

Now it matters!!! Why could Paul not heal his Brother Timothy in Christ???

Think...
Paul

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea... thus why is scripture even involved.... with such a Stupid issue... But hear you have it... God forbid Timothy drink wine ... lol... It's OK to drink wine!!!
So you are a tea-totaller?

You simply tried to READ YOUR OWN THEORIES into the Scripture. Even Lord Jesus turned water into wine!!!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you are a tea-totaller?

You simply tried to READ YOUR OWN THEORIES into the Scripture. Even Lord Jesus turned water into wine!!!
What are you talking about??? Jesus was a True... tea-totaller.... whom loved a good wine like me!!! That's why he made the best!!!

What's your point???

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What are you talking about??? Jesus was a True... tea-totaller.... whom loved a good wine like me!!! That's why he made the best!!!

What's your point???
A tea-totaller is someone against... ALL consumption of alcohol.