Processing grain into bread

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Grain is an essential ingredient in bread; it is filled with life sustaining nutrients and forms a basis for the human diet. Unfortunately, without processing the grain, either cooking it or baking it into bread, it cannot be digested and taken into the body.

The scriptures are similar to grain - memorizing it or referencing specific verses without processing or thinking about them is an useless exercise.

We are called to meditate on the scriptures, day and night - monks call the practice lectio divina - taking the scripture inside and making it apart of you.

Slinging around verses that are not understood simply to support your cause is a dangerous game. Just because a person rejects your lack of understanding and concrete interpretation of scriptures doesn't take anything away from the scripture, itself. Celebrating your narrow interpretation and rejecting everyone's else's show your arrogance, not your noble tenacity.

Comments?

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is good advice but watch out you yourself don't fall into the category of i am right and so i am not open to other views. many times those that post scripture are not open to criticism about their use of scripture but are adamant that they are right. we need to also try and see things from the other person's view point in order to better understand where they are coming from. i have seen many times where people use scripture that is not even supporting there point. pasters do this a lot on controversy issues that they want to put their views in to support what is being said instead of what the word says. scripture can be used to support almost anything said but we need wisdom in order to see if what is said is scriptural. easier said then done as the saying goes. which is true and that is why we need to stay in the word and depend upon God to reveal the truth to us.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
that is good advice but watch out you yourself don't fall into the category of i am right and so i am not open to other views. many times those that post scripture are not open to criticism about their use of scripture but are adamant that they are right. we need to also try and see things from the other person's view point in order to better understand where they are coming from. i have seen many times where people use scripture that is not even supporting there point. pasters do this a lot on controversy issues that they want to put their views in to support what is being said instead of what the word says. scripture can be used to support almost anything said but we need wisdom in order to see if what is said is scriptural. easier said then done as the saying goes. which is true and that is why we need to stay in the word and depend upon God to reveal the truth to us.

I totally agree! And I appreciate the warning. Very insightful post.