A Day Begins At Sunrise

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
GerhardEbersoehn said:
The Bible says God made the darkness. God made everything He made in the beginning, is also a Bible word. Our thinking cannot go beyond the beginning of the creation of God unless we consult the Bible's word on that also. The Bible word is, "Christ who is the Beginning of the creation of God", meaning He was there _at that time_ because God created nothing but which He created through Christ his Word.

So, to speculate about the length of the First Day of God's creating, is speculation; no more no better. The First Day of God's creation is described with the same words as the others, it consisted of "early" and "late" -- 'boqer' and 'ereb' -- no second longer or shorter 12 times 2 hours. According to the Bible words, of course. If you're a better scientist than what the Bible teaches facts, you beat me at an answer. I would have none.
I have never heard or had the interesting thought that God created darkness. My taken for granted understanding is that the darkness ("absence of light") was always there in eternity before creation/time.
Yes i can't be sure of how long the first day was. The wording of the first day ["day one" or something like that (can't remember, have to check)] is different to the other six days, and esotericism does have the first age of world was of immense/inderterminate/infinite length, but i assume the day was same length as the other 6 days (and as our days of the week?) If the first day started in evening then the difficulty is there is no begining/start of the night/evening/darkness because the darkness was "eternal" before the light was created. Whereas if the day begins at sunrise/dawn/twilight/morning then the night of the first day does have a set/clear defined length. God said he divided the light and darkness [maybe either/both light from one place (i know this is before sun) &/or earth spinning] called the light day (not morning/boqer) and the darkness he called night (not evening/ereb?).
The "evening"/ereb? and "morning"/boqer is not so definitely clear meaning. It could either be in advance like say 6pm(-6am) & 6am(-6pm), or in arrears like say (6am-)6pm & (6pm-)6am. At least one version i have says "come to be [evening/morning]".
That is just my own opinion anyway.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Bibliocentrist said:
I have never heard or had the interesting thought that God created darkness. My taken for granted understanding is that the darkness ("absence of light") was always there in eternity before creation/time.
Yes i can't be sure of how long the first day was. The wording of the first day ["day one" or something like that (can't remember, have to check)] is different to the other six days, and esotericism does have the first age of world was of immense/inderterminate/infinite length, but i assume the day was same length as the other 6 days (and as our days of the week?) If the first day started in evening then the difficulty is there is no begining/start of the night/evening/darkness because the darkness was "eternal" before the light was created. Whereas if the day begins at sunrise/dawn/twilight/morning then the night of the first day does have a set/clear defined length. God said he divided the light and darkness [maybe either/both light from one place (i know this is before sun) &/or earth spinning] called the light day (not morning/boqer) and the darkness he called night (not evening/ereb?).
The "evening"/ereb? and "morning"/boqer is not so definitely clear meaning. It could either be in advance like say 6pm(-6am) & 6am(-6pm), or in arrears like say (6am-)6pm & (6pm-)6am. At least one version i have says "come to be [evening/morning]".
I also only give <<just my own opinion>>.

Anyway, Re:
<<<The wording of the first day ["day one" or something like that (can't remember, have to check)] is different to the other six days>>>

Genesis 1:5
"God called the light, day; and the the darkness he called Night. AND THE LATE ['EREB'] AND THE EARLY [BOQER'] WERE the First Day".

Genesis 1:8 ". . . AND THE LATE ['EREB'] AND THE EARLY [BOQER'] WERE the Second Day".

Genesis 1:13 ". . . AND THE LATE ['EREB'] AND THE EARLY [BOQER'] WERE the Third Day".

Genesis 1:19 ". . . AND THE LATE ['EREB'] AND THE EARLY [BOQER'] WERE the Fourth Day".

Genesis 1:23 ". . . AND THE LATE ['EREB'] AND THE EARLY [BOQER'] WERE the Fifth Day".

Genesis 1:31 ". . . AND THE LATE ['EREB'] AND THE EARLY [BOQER'] WERE the Sixth Day".

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
"Darkness was under his feet : the LORD made darkness pavilions round about Him. Dark waters, thick darkness, He made clouds of the skies. Through the brightness before Him were coals of fire kindled

"Thou makest darkness and it is night."

"I the LORD made thick darkness a swaddlingband for the sea."

"The LORD sent darkness and made it, dark."

"The darkness and the light are both alike to Thee."

“I form the light; I create darkness.”

“The day of the LORD is darkness and not light.”

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Bibliocentrist said:
BiblioC,

Great logic, you said: "If the first day started in evening then the difficulty is there is no begining/start of the night/evening/darkness because the darkness was "eternal" before the light was created." ROTFL.

I thought of it often myself but wouldn't have expressed it as well as you have. It's great to see how simple and effective your logic can be.

Zeke25

Bibliocentrist

Mar 15, 2008
Australasia
Gerhard, re 42 & 43:

I heard on Chuck Missler that the Hebrew has different for the first day than to the other 5 days, something like "day one", but i can't remember the exact correct wording without trying to find it.

"Late" and "early" seemingly might support the arrears rather than advance? I will have to check all the meanings of ereb and boqer (i don't have any lexicon books/ebooks here so will have to search net/web). Greeks had Erebus. (Not sure if maghreb/algarve or europe are related?) (I lost 15 years study notes about 8 years ago, the word boqer was also in Fitzgerald-Lee's 'Great Migation' book.) Chuck Missler said something about eve & morn relating to reverse entropy, so maybe that is why He put those words and that way around.
Yes it says the evening and morning, and that was first day / day one, but i now see since seeing/hearing Zeke's/Rick's info that they could be in arrears not in advance. (Did God "rest/sleep" the nights after/before days works?) And it also says he called the light day and darkness night (and in that order / way around).
There is some activity in verse(s 1 to) 2 though before verse 3-5 which i am not sure how it fits.

The creates/makes darkness/"darkness" verses are interesting thanks. I am not sure about each/all of their meanings/interpretations though. Some remind me of interesting "Satanic Reds" info and Cabalist 'en sof'. Can humans make it dark (turn off light, smoke/cloud/covers)? My "life" is mostly "darkness" if sense of absence of all good/light/life/health?

Zeke/Rick:
What did you mean by the 2nd evening of the crucifiction day? (Is that refering to the eclipse? or maybe to "between two evenings" which i possibly don't understand right?)

zeke25

May 18, 2014
Western USA
Bibliocentrist said:
Zeke/Rick:
What did you mean by the 2nd evening of the crucifiction day? (Is that refering to the eclipse? or maybe to "between two evenings" which i possibly don't understand right?)
BiblioC,

On any biblical day there are two evenings: little evening and sundown. Little evening is noon, the time when the sun stops rising and begins to descend. The ancients considered this as the first evening of the day since this is the first time of the day that the sun begins to set. It sets for the rest of the day. At sundown, this is the 2nd evening of a biblical day and the evening (our modern day afternoon) is finished. Night has begun. When the last sliver of the disc of the sun disappears below the western horizon (it longer hurts your eyes to look at the sun because it is gone) then sundown/the 2nd evening of the day has occurred.

On crucifixion day, the first evening was noon, the 2nd evening was sundown.

When "even/evening" is used in the Bible one must discern from the context which of the two evenings is being referred to. Usually it is fairly plane and not hard to figure out. But if you use a corrupted translation that changes the word even/evening to something else (such as twilight) it totally messes every thing up. The reason translators do this is two-fold. One, sometimes they don't understand what evening means in the Bible. Or, two, they do understand what evening means and they are maliciously causing confusion. I have little or no tolerance for a translator that does not know what evening means and fails to translate it correctly. If they really cared, they should have checked in with the Holy Ghost a long time ago and found out what it means. I have yet to find one that admits he was wrong and repents when he is exposed. This is an antichrist attitude. What business do antichrists have translating a bible?

zeke25

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Thank heavens for non-Christians who translated the Christians' Scriptures. They are automatically not biased or and obsessed with freakish concepts about anything.

And thank God for God-fearing true Christians BY THE SCORE who so marvelously masterfully have been doing their translation and linguistics and so on as faithfully as is humanly possible. So that not every well without water will deceive us with great swelling words of vanity to live and die by in error.

But we have escaped the pollutions of the world through the KNOWLEDGE OF OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.

"The day of the Lord will come ... with / in the night." And as the day of the Lord comes, so the heavens pass away by the going deeper under of the sun and light before our eyes. Not for nothing that Jesus said that the day of the LORD shall be like the lightning for its observation by the night of its coming.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Hebrew 'arba' is 'four'. If 'behn-ha-arba-yim' were <<between the evenings>>, "the days" would have consisted of four <evenings> each; not just two.

But since "the days" have four --'arba'-- watches or quarters within their daylight halves, and, since the expression 'behn-ha-arba-yim' in context WITHOUT EXCEPTION is being used parallel with and as equivalent of the "LATE"--'ereb' of, and in, the daylight, it follows that 'between-the-four-fours-of-the-days' can only be between the third and the fourth "fours" or "quarters" which is the equivalent and precise parallel and equation of "the ninth hour" of the "day" which "has twelve hours" from Jesus' own lips --- no tricks; no lies; no riddles : the most ordinary of '3 p.m' any 'day'.