Professional Bias?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It took twelve years before anyone could figure out the woman had an incurable condition? Or did they figure it out when she ran out of money?
Mark & Luke never knew her 12 years from their writing. They documented the occurrence of her healing, long after the fact, 12 years after she was being treated.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mark & Luke never knew her 12 years from their writing. They documented the occurrence of her healing, long after the fact, 12 years after she was being treated.
I think Luke spoke to eyewitnesses who would have known the woman's story. How else would he have known she had the condition for twelve years? How else would he have known that several physicians had failed to heal her? Maybe Luke didn't even meet this woman personally. Maybe he was relying on people who knew her or to disciples who got the story of her background from her or her neighbors.

I don't read it the way. The text doesn't say "twelve years after she was being treated."

Are you accusing the physicians who knew and treated her of not knowing her condition was incurable and of treating her until she ran out of money? Are you saying various physicians treated her in a short period of time until she ran out of money and then she lived without further treatment for twelve years? How could she have bought food?

I read it that she had spent, after buying food and other necessary things, all her disposable income over a period of twelve years leaving her penniless most of the time.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think Luke spoke to eyewitnesses who would have known the woman's story. How else would he have known she had the condition for twelve years? How else would he have known that several physicians had failed to heal her? Maybe Luke didn't even meet this woman personally. Maybe he was relying on people who knew her or to disciples who got the story of her background from her or her neighbors.

I don't read it the way. The text doesn't say "twelve years after she was being treated."

Are you accusing the physicians who knew and treated her of not knowing her condition was incurable and of treating her until she ran out of money? Are you saying various physicians treated her in a short period of time until she ran out of money and then she lived without further treatment for twelve years? How could she have bought food?

I read it that she had spent, after buying food and other necessary things, all her disposable income over a period of twelve years leaving her penniless most of the time.
It was not reported to Mark that the woman was swindled out of her money, the text simply says that she suffered at the hands of doctors. Which means that medical treatment is taxing, both physically and financially. Yes, the doctors did not know that her condition was incurable. Just as today, countless people seek treatment for unknown diseases, and Doctors prescribe many things, over the period of many years, in hope that it will cure one's ailment. Have you never been prescribed a remedy where the doctor said, we'll start with this and see if further treatment is necessary? I have.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was not reported to Mark that the woman was swindled out of her money, the text simply says that she suffered at the hands of doctors. Which means that medical treatment is taxing, both physically and financially. Yes, the doctors did not know that her condition was incurable. Just as today, countless people seek treatment for unknown diseases, and Doctors prescribe many things, over the period of many years, in hope that it will cure one's ailment.
How long do you think it should take doctors to figure out a condition is incurable?

Have you never been prescribed a remedy where the doctor said, we'll start with this and see if further treatment is necessary? I have.
Once my sister and I were both sick. The doctor looked at her and not me. He prescribed the same medicine. She got better. I didn't. When we went back, it turned out I had something else. But at least I didn't get worse, did you? What would you think if things kept getting worse?

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How long do you think it should take doctors to figure out a condition is incurable?

Once my sister and I were both sick. The doctor looked at her and not me. He prescribed the same medicine. She got better. I didn't. When we went back, it turned out I had something else. But at least I didn't get worse, did you? What would you think if things kept getting worse?
I think that getting worse means that the disease itself, was causing the degeneration, not the medicine or therapy. It could be stated as 'she kept getting worse'. As would be expected from certain ailments if they are not treated correctly, or not treated at all. Many people die today, with modern day expertise and technologies. Chemo sometimes makes people worse, or offers very little remedial assistance, and can go on for a long time.
How long does it take for a doctor to determine that something is incurable, the same amount of time that the victim should realize that their efforts , and her hopes, are in vain. And thus, should've stopped subscribing to their therapy. Clearly, both parties are either complicit in squandering the money, or there was more going on than was told. The latter is correct, as neither Gospel writer was trying to incriminate or disparage the doctors.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think that getting worse means that the disease itself, was causing the degeneration, not the medicine or therapy. It could be stated as 'she kept getting worse'. As would be expected from certain ailments if they are not treated correctly, or not treated at all. Many people die today, with modern day expertise and technologies. Chemo sometimes makes people worse, or offers very little remedial assistance, and can go on for a long time.
How long does it take for a doctor to determine that something is incurable, the same amount of time that the victim should realize that their efforts , and her hopes, are in vain. And thus, should've stopped subscribing to their therapy. Clearly, both parties are either complicit in squandering the money, or there was more going on than was told. The latter is correct, as neither Gospel writer was trying to incriminate or disparage the doctors.
I am bored now.