Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From truth to truth we discover error and expose it as a lie so that we can reject the error in favour of the truth.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I find it so hilarious men trying to figure God out, If Jesus was God than God would be Schizophrenic , since HE would be seated beside Himself, that would make 2 Gods.

Mat_26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Act_2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Jesus is Gods Words, that was placed in a fleshy body so just as our flesh is temped His was tempted. It had to be that way so even God would experience this life through His son, as we do.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
From truth to truth we discover error and expose it as a lie so that we can reject the error in favour of the truth.
When you find Jesus you will have the truth because HE is the truth and in Him there is no lie. You can study all you like and never come into the truth.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I find it so hilarious men trying to figure God out, If Jesus was God than God would be Schizophrenic , since HE would be seated beside Himself, that would make 2 Gods.

Mat_26:64 Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven.

Act_2:33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and having received of the Father the promise of the Holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and hear.

Jesus is Gods Words, that was placed in a fleshy body so just as our flesh is temped His was tempted. It had to be that way so even God would experience this life through His son, as we do.

No, God is not schizophrenic. You are thinking of it with a carnal mind. Ask the Holy Spirit what the reality is, if you dare; and then, if you have not been baptized in Jesus' Name, go and get that one done so that you can have the assurance that the Holy Ghost is truly given to you according to that conditional promise (in Acts of the Apostles 2:38-39).

When you find Jesus you will have the truth because HE is the truth and in Him there is no lie. You can study all you like and never come into the truth.

The Lord Jesus Christ is in my heart...and I agree with you that you can search the scriptures because in them you think you have eternal life, but that there is the strong possibility/probability that you are unwilling to come to Him in order that you might have life.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, God is not schizophrenic. You are thinking of it with a carnal mind. Ask the Holy Spirit what the reality is, if you dare;
Dare what, Ive being with Him and God so not need to dare anything and I have seeing God and Jesus theyre not the same. All you know is the bible and your own understanding...

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This may be a very stupid question...but, seriously ...why does anyone need “proof “ of the trinity ...or to prove it otherwise so?

Except for “didcussions “ sake....
Why is it such a big deal to some?

We walk by faith....not by “proof”...right?

D

Dave L

There are certain passages hidden in Isaiah (which if you read the whole book of Isaiah you will find in due process of time) that tell us that there is no God besides the LORD and that He is the only true God. In other words, there is not a second God created by an eternal mirror that descended to become Jesus. Jesus was begotten in the incarnation, is my testimony on the truth of this matter.
But, “Now I desire to remind you (even though you have been fully informed of these facts once for all) that Jesus, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, later destroyed those who did not believe.” (Jude 5) (NET)

D

Dave L

if you don't mind Dave I'll answer that.

God in the OLD TESTAMENT speaks in the plural of what to come. the "diversity" of himself in flesh. supportive scripture, Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

God came in person in flesh, better known as the OFFSPRING. hence the US and the OUR.

as for Isaiah 54:5, "thy MAKER" is the Spirit, and that same Spirit shared himself in flesh and "blood" because he is the redeemer as a man. supportive scripture,
John 1:3 "All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Ecclesiastes 12:1,
Isaiah 40:28 "Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding".
"EVERLASTING?", Micah 5:2 "But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting". THIS IS A DIRECT QUOTE IN MATTHEWS CHAPTER 2 CONCERING THE LORD JESUS BIRTH.
Matthew 2:4 "And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
Matthew 2:5 "And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
Matthew 2:6 "And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.

and lastely , the "CREATOR" is thy "MAKER",
John 1:10 "He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
"made" here is
G1096 γίνομαι ginomai (ǰiy'-no-mai) v.
1. to cause to be (“gen”-erate).
2. (reflexively) to become (come into being).
3. (of events) to happen.

God the Holy Spirit, Jesus, in Flesh is the cause of the world to be, he's the CREATOR.

and yes, he's one BEING, who is ONE PERSON who "diversified" himself, or "SHARED" HIMSELF in flesh, or a body or an earthen Temple.

there is no way around it, ONE BEING, Sharing oneself in another form. this is what the Greeks say is G243 Allos, according to Vine's dictionary, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort.

what's a numerical difference? one... two, and what's a "same" sort, .... NATURE.
Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God".

Form here is "NATURE. and what is GOD nature? Spirit, (John 4:24)a

how simple.
But you still have three persons, as God, present at the same time at Jesus' baptism.

“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

D

Dave L

Meaningless because God is presented in both singular and plural. Only three times he's presented in the plural in the OT!
We still haven't gotten around this;

“And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him: And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.” (Matthew 3:16–17) (KJV 1900)

Nothing you say amounts to anything in view of this. And it also makes me question anything else you and other oneness people claim.

D

Dave L

"The Father is Greater than I", a common question without KNOWLEDGE.
let's go straight for the jugular. is a servant, "Greater than his master?".
John 13:16 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

so we as servants of the Lord Jesus are we "GREATER THAN" him, our Master?, let's see.
John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

well that just put the plug into the faucet, for if the servant is doing "GREATER" work than his master then the Lord Jesus ERRORED in John 13:16.

so do we have a dilemma here? of course not. one must understand the term "GREATER". as said lets go straight for the jugular.
here in this verse in question is not the word GREAT, but, "GREATER", it's an Adjective, as used here, and not an Adverb, this is very important. the word GREATER is the Greek word G3187 meizon (meid'-zone) adj.
1. larger (specially, in age)
{literally or figuratively}
[irregular comparative of G3173]
KJV: elder, greater(-est), more Root(s): G3173

Dictionary.com as an Adjective, (of a city) considered with the inclusion of the outer suburbs: Greater London. here the definitions are indicating quantity, (MORE), instead of quality, (SUPERIOR).
quantity: "an exact or specified amount or measure".

the key to prove the point is when he, the Lord Jesus said in John 14:12 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father".

Why is this so important? because when he go to his Father/Spirit, he is Glorified in the Spirit, meaning it is he who dwells in ust to do the "GREATER" works. supportive scripture,
John 14:14 "If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it". so if a christian is in New York, and ask Jesus to heal a lame person, at the Same time in Dallas Texas, if asked there to heal a sick Child, it is all done, hence the glorification of the Spirit. everywhere at the same time.

Yes, the Spirit is "GREATER" in quantity, (MORE), becaust the Lord Jesus is in flesh in one place at one time, just like us. the Lord Jesus while on Earth in FLESH could only heal those who came in contact with physically, or they had the FAITH to believe.

Conclusion: "GREATER" in quantity, (MORE), instead of quality, (SUPERIOR).

Jesus spoke many times as a man. Who would not think God is greater than man? But Jesus also was the triune God as far as his Spirit. He was sustaining the universe while they were killing his body on the cross.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus spoke many times as a man. Who would not think God is greater than man? But Jesus also was the triune God as far as his Spirit. He was sustaining the universe while they were killing his body on the cross.
GINOLJC, to all.

First thanks for the reply, second, ERROR on your part when you said, "Who would not think God is greater than man? But Jesus also was the triune God as far as his Spirit". no one thinks that, man is never greater than God. and then you contridict yourself by saying, "But Jesus also was the triune God as far as his Spirit". God is "a" Spirit, not many Spirits, meaning JESUS is the Spirit. ALSO? ....., when did he ever stop being God? third, another ERROR, they didn't kill our Lord's body, he gave up the natural life that he "took part in".... he, he, he "GAVE" up the ghost/spirit on the cross. he LAID Down his life. for no man could take his life. the only thing the Romans was guilty of was abusing a dead corpse, which today is a felony ... :oops: Jesus the Spirit, the HOLY Spirit, always manintained the universe, while on and off the cross. he maintained it from the begining, and still maintaining right now, OT and NT. ....... :D

PICJAG

D

Dave L

GINOLJC, to all.

First thanks for the reply, second, ERROR on your part when you said, "Who would not think God is greater than man? But Jesus also was the triune God as far as his Spirit". no one thinks that, man is never greater than God. and then you contridict yourself by saying, "But Jesus also was the triune God as far as his Spirit". God is "a" Spirit, not many Spirits, meaning JESUS is the Spirit. ALSO? ....., when did he ever stop being God? third, another ERROR, they didn't kill our Lord's body, he gave up the natural life that he "took part in".... he, he, he "GAVE" up the ghost/spirit on the cross. he LAID Down his life. for no man could take his life. the only thing the Romans was guilty of was abusing a dead corpse, which today is a felony ... :oops: Jesus the Spirit, the HOLY Spirit, always manintained the universe, while on and off the cross. he maintained it from the begining, and still maintaining right now, OT and NT. ....... :D

PICJAG
You'll not understand the bible unless you understand the deity of Christ. Jesus is body, soul, and Spirit just as we are. But his Spirit is the triune God who sometimes spoke as God and other times spoke as man.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you still have three persons, as God, present at the same time at Jesus' baptism.

ERROR, I have one Person "Diversified" in flesh....

now I see you're stuck on the voice, ok, who voice do the scriptures say it is.... no assumptions. just read the scriptures and tell us who voice do the scriptures say it is?. answer please.

D

Dave L

ERROR, I have one Person "Diversified" in flesh....

now I see you're stuck on the voice, ok, who voice do the scriptures say it is.... no assumptions. just read the scriptures and tell us who voice do the scriptures say it is?. answer please.
Three persons as God present at Jesus' baptism. How can you not see this?