Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must conclude that you think of God materialistically. And do not understand spiritual concepts. The Gadarene Demoniac had 6,000 demons all occupying the same space.
For God to open the eyes of the blind would truly be a miracle...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to study the trinity and other historic doctrines before trying to attack them.
Again, I have not attacked the doctrine of the Trinity. I give forth an understanding that you think is not according to what it was historically. Yet I know that my doctrine is from the Bible. So if it contradicts the creeds, I will take the Bible over your creeds any day of the week.

Did you go back and study my statements with the scriptures that I referenced to them? I think that you are misunderstanding what you are fighting against until you do; and therefore you are attempting to topple a straw man in your own thinking.

Until you understand what it is that I am actually saying, you would do well to be silent.

D

Dave L

Again, I have not attacked the doctrine of the Trinity. I give forth an understanding that you think is not according to what it was historically. yet I know that my doctrine is from the Bible. So if it contradicts the creeds, I will take the Bible over your creeds any day of the week.

Did you go back and study my statements with the scriptures that I referenced to them? I think that you are misunderstanding what you are fighting against until you do; and therefore you are attempting to topple a straw man in your own thinking.

Until you understand what it is that I am actually saying, you would do well to be silent.
If you ever cracked a book on church history and studied the historic doctrines. We might have something to discuss.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am concerned that you cannot give a straight answer when asked if Jesus is the Lord in light of Matthew 11:25 and Luke 10:21.

Because you can't, I think that 1 Corinthians 12:3 shows that you do not have the Holy Ghost and are therefore not saved.

re #966.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you ever cracked a book on church history and studied the historic doctrines. We might have something to discuss.
If I had such a book, I would be happy to check into it. I have asked you to provide a link to your information practically a million times.

So, are people who do not have access to your books on your theology eternally lost because all they have to direct them concerning the doctrine of the Trinity is the Bible?

D

Dave L

I am concerned that you cannot give a straight answer when asked if Jesus is the Lord in light of Matthew 11:25 and Luke 10:21.

Because you can't, I think that 1 Corinthians 12:3 shows that you do not have the Holy Ghost and are therefore not saved.

re #966.
Al Capone could say Jesus is Lord and it would mean nothing. Paul is saying that apart from divine revelation by the Holy Spirit, no one can say Jesus is Lord in the true sense. And unless you understand the deity of Christ and the trinity, you cannot do this.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that the parables that Jesus spoke were in the unknown tongue Paul writes about later.
I would say that while your interpretation may not be invalid, that the primary interpretation of what "tongues" is, is that it is the spiritual gift give to the early church on the day of Pentecost, derived from the power of the Holy Ghost.
Many people will admit or preach or teach especially that the OT is full of types or shadows of the reality of God. They usually leave it at understanding the reality as we read it in the NT. But I find that many things in the NT are also still types and shadows of the God's reality. Tongues and interpretations are included among these things. As per Paul tongues will come to an end...

"Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." I Cor 13:8

Yes, when we have moved completely and finally from the types and shadows into the God's reality, which Paul calls the "face to face" that will equal the time of the "then" which he mentions here:

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

The "glass, darkly" is the type or shadow and includes the gifts of tongues and interpretations in languages of men.

I speak in tongues every day as part of my prayer life as I have for years. Not as much shadow as there was at the start, but a shadow in part remains. People often don't realize the importance of having a vision and of having the clarity of that vision improve in order to move or grow closer to God:

"Where there is no vision, the people perish: ..." Prov 29:18

"And he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes, and put his hands upon him, he asked him if he saw ought.
And he looked up, and said, I see men as trees, walking.
After that he put his hands again upon his eyes, and made him look up: and he was restored, and saw every man clearly" Mark 8:23-25

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that tongues will only cease when once we get to heaven; then we will not need them any more in order to keep ourselves in the love of God (Jude 1:20-21).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Al Capone could say Jesus is Lord and it would mean nothing. Paul is saying that apart from divine revelation by the Holy Spirit, no one can say Jesus is Lord in the true sense. And unless you understand the deity of Christ and the trinity, you cannot do this.
Do you understand that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Mark 12:29 (kjv))? And that no one can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

It is basically saying that if you do not accept that Jesus is the God who created you (the Father), you do not have the Holy Ghost...see Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21. But then, you might be rejecting this because you are so wise and prudent.

Last edited:

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I think that you have not been looking up the scriptures that have been referenced. Are you afraid that in reading the Bible you could be deceived? The word of God is quick and powerful...

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to start with the concept that the Father is the only true God (1 Corinthians 8:6, John 17:3) and go from there. (see also Romans 15:6, James 3:9, James 2:19).

D

Dave L

Do you understand that there is one Lord (Ephesians 4:5, 1 Corinthians 8:6, Mark 12:29 (kjv))? And that no one can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

It is basically saying that if you do not accept that Jesus is the God who created you (the Father), you do not have the Holy Ghost...see Matthew 11:25, Luke 10:21. But then, you might be rejecting this because you are so wise and prudent.
You follow the wrong Jesus.

D

Dave L

I believe that tongues will only cease when once we get to heaven; then we will not need them any more in order to keep ourselves in the love of God (Jude 1:20-21).
They ceased in the first century. All tongue speaking today is phony.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You follow the wrong Jesus.

Nope, that's you.

They ceased in the first century. All tongue speaking today is phony.

Then 1 Corinthians 12 and 1 Corinthians 14 don't apply to us today, and we can apply the same principle to the rest of scripture, that any of it might not apply to us today. Smorgasborg religion is what you've got.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Al Capone ever said that Jesus is the Lord (during his lifetime), then it would be the evidence of a living and saving faith on his part.

Of course we know he didn't have that; and there is no record of him ever saying it. But if he had, you can be sure that the rest of his life would have been different.

D

Dave L

Nope, that's you.

Then 1 Corinthians 12 and 1 Corinthians 14 don't apply to us today, and we can apply the same principle to the rest of scripture, that any of it might not apply to us today. Smorgasborg religion is what you've got.
Tongue speakers knew what they were saying in the first century. They do not understand today = false experience. Tongues was spontaneous in the first century. Today it is coached and learned. God speaks only through his written word. Charismatics probe the devil's domain seeking extra-biblical revelation. Not to mention their separating themselves from the Church and forming splinter sects which history shows to be riddled with scandal, and greed, adultery, alcoholism, and worse.