Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you gambling your eternity on whether the omission of the word the in certain translations of 1 Corinthians 12:3 is accurate?

D

Dave L

Are you gambling your eternity on whether the omission of the word the in certain translations of 1 Corinthians 12:3 is accurate?
There is no gambling if you have faith. It tells you you are right. And you cannot have faith apart from God's word. All of what you know came from external sources and you spend your time trying to prove it true selecting a scripture here and there while ignoring the big picture.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Al Capone could say Jesus is Lord and it would mean nothing. Paul is saying that apart from divine revelation by the Holy Spirit, no one can say Jesus is Lord in the true sense.
On this part we can agree. You or I like Al Capone could perhaps mouth the words with no meaning at all with regard to what was really in our hearts. Who is it that looks at the hearts?

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

He does, look into our hearts that is, but what can you or I see of another man's heart unless God opens our eyes to see what He sees?

And unless you understand the deity of Christ and the trinity, you cannot do this.
Who understands these two things you mention unless God has given them such understanding? Again as I have said to you repeatedly, we live by faith rather than by knowledge. Yet, you keep insisting on knowledge even though you are obviously seeing still as though a glass darkly. In time if we stand on the Lord's side by faith, will not God give us any knowledge we require? But don't get ahead of God by insisting you have something that really for you is only belief as by faith.

Are you not growing? Is the old man not decreasing while the new man in you is increasing? The old man is the "I" of which John the Baptist speaks while the new man is the "He":

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30

Reactions: mjrhealth

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tongue speakers knew what they were saying in the first century. They do not understand today = false experience. Tongues was spontaneous in the first century. Today it is coached and learned. God speaks only through his written word. Charismatics probe the devil's domain seeking extra-biblical revelation. Not to mention their separating themselves from the Church and forming splinter sects which history shows to be riddled with scandal, and greed, adultery, alcoholism, and worse.
I am not going to argue with you over this issue. Fact is, I have the gift and you don't. If you want to comfort yourself by saying it isn't for today, then that is on you.

As for me, I am going to continue to exercise my spiritual gift, per 2 Timothy 1:6 (because I received it through the laying on of hands).

Reactions: amadeus

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no gambling if you have faith. It tells you you are right. And you cannot have faith apart from God's word. All of what you know came from external sources and you spend your time trying to prove it true selecting a scripture here and there while ignoring the big picture.
So you have faith that the word the does not belong in 1 Corinthians 12:3. Even though it is clear that the devil's tactic with our Lord was to omit parts of scripture quoted in order to hide from Jesus what would have helped Him (he omitted the words "in all thy ways" which I showed in a previous post in this thread).

Your faith is misguided and is more like presumption than true faith. You believe it because you want to believe it; and that is the bottom line.

D

Dave L

On this part we can agree. You or I like Al Capone could perhaps mouth the words with no meaning at all with regard to what was really in our hearts. Who is it that looks at the hearts?

"Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts." Prov 21:2

He does, look into our hearts that is, but what can you or I see of another man's heart unless God opens our eyes to see what He sees?

Who understands these two things you mention unless God has given them such understanding? Again as I have said to you repeatedly, we live by faith rather than by knowledge. Yet, you keep insisting on knowledge even though you are obviously seeing still as though a glass darkly. In time if we stand on the Lord's side by faith, will not God give us any knowledge we require? But don't get ahead of God by insisting you have something that really for you is only belief as by faith.

Are you not growing? Is the old man not decreasing while the new man in you is increasing? The old man is the "I" of which John the Baptist speaks while the new man is the "He":

"He must increase, but I must decrease." John 3:30
Just as Peter said, repent and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The more we repent the more the Holy Spirit fills our hearts.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You cannot have faith apart from God, you are speaking of the bible Not Christ, His word in whom is our faith.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as Peter said, repent and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The more we repent the more the Holy Spirit fills our hearts.
Even in that you have omitted a portion of the scripture in question, just like your father.

D

Dave L

So you have faith that the word the does not belong in 1 Corinthians 12:3. Even though it is clear that the devil's tactic with our Lord was to omit parts of scripture quoted in order to hide from Jesus what would have helped Him (he omitted the words "in all thy ways" which I showed in a previous post in this thread).

Your faith is misguided and is more like presumption than true faith. You believe it because you want to believe it; and that is the bottom line.
Oneness folks cannot say Jesus is the Lord (YAHWEH) in any true sense. Because God is a trinity of persons in one spiritual essence.

D

Dave L

You wish. But I have all the faith in the world knowing Christ as he truly is.

D

Dave L

I am not going to argue with you over this issue. Fact is, I have the gift and you don't. If you want to comfort yourself by saying it isn't for today, then that is on you.

As for me, I am going to continue to exercise my spiritual gift, per 2 Timothy 1:6 (because I received it through the laying on of hands).
If you invest time and study the issue, you would not be so easily led around by religious hucksters.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you shall seek Him, and you will find Him, when you shall search for Him with all of your heart. Jeremiah 29:13.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've sidestepped my words and questions again. As you grow toward God there is more available to and for you and each one of us. Repentance is a good and necessary thing, but once you have moved past that initial repentance additional repentance is possible for additional growth only as the Holy Spirit guides you in your understanding. When you presume your understanding on anything is complete, you quench the Holy Spirit, blocking further progress toward God. The Book, the Bible certainly contains more for us, but you may only access more by admitting your present lack of understanding and your inability to move forward alone.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are looking in all the wrong places. Honestly...
I have done the scripture in question, and received the promise associated with it. I do not need to look any further. Of course there is always room to grow.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's opinion based on your extremely limited knowledge of the subject.
I have received extensive knowledge on the subject; just not from the same sources that you have studied. i.e. I have gotten all of my understanding from reading God's word. And that irks you, doesn't it?