Proof of the Trinity. No takers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8) (HCSB)

Forever = 67.87 ἐχθὲς καὶ σήμερον καὶ εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας: (an idiom, literally ‘yesterday, today, and forever’) an unlimited extension of time, from the past into the future—‘always, eternally, past and present and future.’ Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς ἐχθὲς καὶ σήμερον ὁ αὐτός, καὶ εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας ‘Jesus Christ is eternally the same’ or ‘Jesus Christ is the same in the past, in the present, and in the future’ He 13:8.

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 639). New York: United Bible Societies.

How did God change into Jesus if he has always been the same?
Good, so tell us how he is the ONLY ONE who is the Same yesterday, today, and forever.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever.” (Hebrews 13:8) (HCSB)

Forever = 67.87 ἐχθὲς καὶ σήμερον καὶ εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας: (an idiom, literally ‘yesterday, today, and forever’) an unlimited extension of time, from the past into the future—‘always, eternally, past and present and future.’ Ἰησοῦς Χριστὸς ἐχθὲς καὶ σήμερον ὁ αὐτός, καὶ εἰς τοὺς αἰῶνας ‘Jesus Christ is eternally the same’ or ‘Jesus Christ is the same in the past, in the present, and in the future’ He 13:8.

Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996). Greek-English lexicon of the New Testament: based on semantic domains (electronic ed. of the 2nd edition., Vol. 1, p. 639). New York: United Bible Societies.

How did God change into Jesus if he has always been the same?
Well, the trinity just slaped itself in the face. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Hebrews 13:8).

the doctrine of the trinity teach, "The Fater is not the Son, and not the Holy Spirit, and vice versa.

if Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, (which he is), then the doctrine of the trinity fall flat on it's face. for the doctrine of the trinity states Jesus as son is a separate PERSON and distinct from the the one they calls the FATHER, and the HOLY SPIRIT.

DISTINCT means, recognizably different in nature from something else of a similar type.

well that doctrine just flopped. for if JESUS is the the same yesterday, today, and forever where do that leaves the one called Father, and the one called the Holy Spirit if separate and distinct?.

now if they are separate and distinct and each is everlasting, then one has three separate and distinct GODS. which is what the trinity really is, 3 GODS masquerading.as ONE

for if the Father is eternal and the son eternal, and the Holy Spirit is eternal, and they each is separate and distinct, then you have 3 GODS, separate and distinct GODS.

which means that the doctrine of the trinity is polytheistic by definition.

in plain words "FALSE".

D

Dave L

Well, the trinity just slaped itself in the face. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. (Hebrews 13:8).

the doctrine of the trinity teach, "The Fater is not the Son, and not the Holy Spirit, and vice versa.

if Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever, (which he is), then the doctrine of the trinity fall flat on it's face. for the doctrine of the trinity states Jesus as son is a separate PERSON and distinct from the the one they calls the FATHER, and the HOLY SPIRIT.

DISTINCT means, recognizably different in nature from something else of a similar type.

well that doctrine just flopped. for if JESUS is the the same yesterday, today, and forever where do that leaves the one called Father, and the one called the Holy Spirit if separate and distinct?.

now if they are separate and distinct and each is everlasting, then one has three separate and distinct GODS. which is what the trinity really is, 3 GODS masquerading.as ONE

for if the Father is eternal and the son eternal, and the Holy Spirit is eternal, and they each is separate and distinct, then you have 3 GODS, separate and distinct GODS.

which means that the doctrine of the trinity is polytheistic by definition.

in plain words "FALSE".
If Jesus is the same eternally, how did the Father become the Son?

D

Dave L

Good, so tell us how he is the ONLY ONE who is the Same yesterday, today, and forever.
the doctrine of the Trinity can be summarized in seven statements. (1) There is only one God. (2) The Father is God. (3) The Son is God. (4) The Holy Spirit is God. (5) The Father is not the Son. (6) The Son is the not the Holy Spirit. (7) The Holy Spirit is not the Father.

The Athanasian Creed puts it this way: “Now this is the catholic [universal] faith: That we worship one God in trinity and the trinity in unity, neither blending their persons, nor dividing their essence. For the person of the Father is a distinct person, the person of the Son is another, and that of the Holy Spirit, still another. But the divinity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, their glory equal, their majesty coeternal.”

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects monarchianism which believes in only one person (mono) and maintains that the Son and the Spirit subsists in the divine essence as impersonal attributes not distinct and divine Persons.

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects modalism which believes that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are different names for the same God acting in different roles or manifestations (like the well-intentioned but misguided “water, vapor, ice” analogy).

Orthodox Trinitarianism rejects Arianism which denies the full deity of Christ.

And finally, orthodox Trinitarianism rejects all forms of tri-theism, which teach that the three members of the Godhead are, to quote a leading Mormon apologist, “three distinct Beings, three separate Gods.”

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Jesus is the same eternally, how did the Father become the Son?
scripture,
Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Form here is NATURE, it's the Greek word,
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

so the question, "WHAT TYPE" of Nature, the same as The "Spirit/God". how do we know this?, the answer is in the root of the Word "Form" which is
G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).

Portion: a part of a whole. so what kind of "part?". answer, what's synonyms with "PORTION?" the answer, "SHARE". BINGO.

the "Lord" Jesus "PORTION" of God/the Spirit, per John 4:24a is the EQUAL "SHARE", per Philippians 2:6 :D

the Lord Jesus is the SHARE, the Equal "ANOTHER" as G243 Allos points and proves out. listen, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort
dave, dave, a numerical difference is ANOTHER, meaning the EQUAL share of God in flesh. the G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) of "HIMSELF".

understand dave, God is the EQUAL "SHARE" of himself in flesh. this is what the apostles, the disciples, and the true fathers of the church been saying all along.

JESUS is God himself, "SHARED" in flesh.

this is the DOCTRINE of "Diversity" and it's in the bible, not as the trinity. listen,
Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star".

dave see that word, "offspring" there, it's the Greek word,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock

there is our word for our doctrine, see, "offspring can be translated as "Diversity".... :D

as the "Offspring" he's our "KINsman as the definition states, our KINsman REDEEMER, scripture,
Hebrews 2:11 "For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren" one need to read the book of Ruth and understand the KINsman Redeemer

but dave, I have explaine this over and over, study this post, ok.

READ THIS POST AGAIN.

D

Dave L

scripture,
Philippians 2:6 "Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Form here is NATURE, it's the Greek word,
G3444 μορφή morphe (mor-fee') n.
1. form.
2. (intrinsically) fundamental nature.
[perhaps from the base of G3313 (through the idea of adjustment of parts)]
KJV: form
Root(s): G3313

so the question, "WHAT TYPE" of Nature, the same as The "Spirit/God". how do we know this?, the answer is in the root of the Word "Form" which is
G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) n.
1. a portion (i.e. an amount allotted, a part of something).

Portion: a part of a whole. so what kind of "part?". answer, what's synonyms with "PORTION?" the answer, "SHARE". BINGO.

the "Lord" Jesus "PORTION" of God/the Spirit, per John 4:24a is the EQUAL "SHARE", per Philippians 2:6 :D

the Lord Jesus is the SHARE, the Equal "ANOTHER" as G243 Allos points and proves out. listen, Allos expresses a numerical difference and denotes another of the same sort
dave, dave, a numerical difference is ANOTHER, meaning the EQUAL share of God in flesh. the G3313 μέρος meros (me'-ros) of "HIMSELF".

understand dave, God is the EQUAL "SHARE" of himself in flesh. this is what the apostles, the disciples, and the true fathers of the church been saying all along.

JESUS is God himself, "SHARED" in flesh.

this is the DOCTRINE of "Diversity" and it's in the bible, not as the trinity. listen,
Revelation 22:16 "I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star".

dave see that word, "offspring" there, it's the Greek word,
G1085 γένος genos (ǰe'-nos) n.
kin.
{abstract or concrete, literal or figurative, individual or collective}
[from G1096]
KJV: born, country(-man), diversity, generation, kind(-red), nation, offspring, stock

there is our word for our doctrine, see, "offspring can be translated as "Diversity".... :D

as the "Offspring" he's our "KINsman as the definition states, our KINsman REDEEMER, scripture,
Hebrews 2:11 "For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren" one need to read the book of Ruth and understand the KINsman Redeemer

but dave, I have explaine this over and over, study this post, ok.

READ THIS POST AGAIN.
But, you are interpreting scripture to suit your bent. If God does not change (Mal 3:6) how does the Father become the Son?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But, you are interpreting scripture to suit your bent. If God does not change (Mal 3:6) how does the Father become the Son?
no dave, discovering the truth, scripture,
2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

dave one must "root" out words, and get what the writer is saying, no interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation".

I follow the Lead of the Holy Ghost.

Now if you believe that I'm in ERROR, please point it out, otherwise it STANDS.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

no dave, discovering the truth, scripture,
2 Timothy 2:15 "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

dave one must "root" out words, and get what the writer is saying, no interpretation.
2 Peter 1:20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation".

I follow the Lead of the Holy Ghost.

Now if you believe that I'm in ERROR, please point it out, otherwise it STANDS.

PICJAG.
Here's a really big problem you create for yourself. God is eternal. Time is created. To say God changes from the Father into the Son introduces time into the Godhead making him created. So you not only agree with Islam in rejecting the trinity. You agree with JWs making God created.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry but I won't allow you to control me.
no need to control you. LOL. Revelation 22:11 comforts me.

now,
God, the Holy Spirit, never changed, he was Spirit all the Time. He just sent his "ARM", into the world, “who being in the “Form” of the Spirit, incarnated in flesh, he thought it not robbery to be equal with God.

For who is God’s equal? Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

So the Spirit/God never CHANGED, which proves that the hypostatic union is a lie. He TOOK on flesh as the SHARE of himself in flesh.

boy oh boy, this is too easy.

D

Dave L

no need to control you. LOL. Revelation 22:11 comforts me.

now,
God, the Holy Spirit, never changed, he was Spirit all the Time. He just sent his "ARM", into the world, “who being in the “Form” of the Spirit, incarnated in flesh, he thought it not robbery to be equal with God.

For who is God’s equal? Isaiah 40:25 "To whom then will ye liken me, or shall I be equal? saith the Holy One.

Isaiah 46:5 "To whom will ye liken me, and make me equal, and compare me, that we may be like?

So the Spirit/God never CHANGED, which proves that the hypostatic union is a lie. He TOOK on flesh as the SHARE of himself in flesh.

boy oh boy, this is too easy.
“Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image of his person [hypostasis], and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;” (Hebrews 1:3) (KJV 1900)

hy·pos·ta·sis
/hīˈpästəsəs/
noun
  1. 1.
    MEDICINE
    the accumulation of fluid or blood in the lower parts of the body or organs under the influence of gravity, as occurs in cases of poor circulation or after death.
  2. 2.
    PHILOSOPHY
    an underlying reality or substance, as opposed to attributes or to that which lacks substance.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Who being the brightness of his glory, and the express image [hypostasis] of his person, and upholding all things by the word of his power, when he had by himself purged our sins, sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;” (Hebrews 1:3) (KJV 1900)

hy·pos·ta·sis
/hīˈpästəsəs/
noun
  1. 1.
    MEDICINE
    the accumulation of fluid or blood in the lower parts of the body or organs under the influence of gravity, as occurs in cases of poor circulation or after death.
  2. 2.
    PHILOSOPHY
    an underlying reality or substance, as opposed to attributes or to that which lacks substance.
LOL, LOL, LOL, the "express" IMAGE" of, of, of, his, his, his, PERSON is character.
let's see, according to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew
Testaments
"express Image": G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image

and what do "character" means as definition states? let's see, according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
"character", G5207, huios, metaphorically of prominent moral "characteristics".

one have to study, God the Holy Spirit expressed himself, his "character", or "characteristics" in flesh. he did NOT CHANGE.

understand, "Holy" is his ""character", and "Spirit" is his NATURE, hence the title "Holy"/Son, "Spirit"/Father.... Holy Spirit.

as we been saying, he's the ONLY TRUE GOD with "IMMORTALITY" ....... :p that's why he's the same yesterday, today and forever more.

Oooooo... that was so easy even a baby can understand......

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

LOL, LOL, LOL, the "express" IMAGE" of, of, of, his, his, his, PERSON is character.
let's see, according to Mickelson's Enhanced Strong's Dictionaries of the Greek and Hebrew
Testaments
"express Image": G5481 χαρακτήρ charakter (cha-rak-teer') n.
1. an engraver (the tool or the person).
2. (by implication) an engraving.
3. (hence) a “character,” the figure stamped.
4. (by extension) an exact copy.
5. (figuratively) a representation.
[from charasso “to sharpen to a point” (akin to G1125 through the idea of scratching)]
KJV: express image

and what do "character" means as definition states? let's see, according to Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words
"character", G5207, huios, metaphorically of prominent moral "characteristics".

one have to study, God the Holy Spirit expressed himself, his "character", or "characteristics" in flesh. he did NOT CHANGE.

understand, "Holy" is his ""character", and "Spirit" is his NATURE, hence the title "Holy"/Son, "Spirit"/Father.... Holy Spirit.

as we been saying, he's the ONLY TRUE GOD with "IMMORTALITY" ....... :p that's why he's the same yesterday, today and forever more.

Oooooo... that was so easy even a baby can understand......

PICJAG.
But, you don't know Greek. So how can you teach it?

D

Dave L

well we have a thing called a dictionary. and I read other who do know Greek and have degrees in it.
But you cannot use it properly without knowing how the language works. I've already shown you where the hypostatic union doctrine comes from in scripture and it flew right over your head.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's a really big problem you create for yourself. God is eternal. Time is created. To say God changes from the Father into the Son introduces time into the Godhead making him created. So you not only agree with Islam in rejecting the trinity. You agree with JWs making God created.
no, you introduce time in the Godhead. see, God call those thing from the end, scripture,
Isaiah 46:9 "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".

LOL, LOL, LOL... see your time is not God time, nor is it miller time.... :oops:

you said the Father Changed, not us. U.

LOL, LOL. man this is too Good. but I love it.

see dave we can answer you a thousand way and still have many more.

we catch your doctrine in false assumptions over and over.

remember to keep Revelation 22:11 in the back of your mind overe and over.

PICJAG.

D

Dave L

no, you introduce time in the Godhead. see, God call those thing from the end, scripture,
Isaiah 46:9 "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

Isaiah 46:10 "Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure".

LOL, LOL, LOL... see your time is not God time, nor is it miller time.... :oops:

you said the Father Changed, not us. U.

LOL, LOL. man this is too Good. but I love it.

see dave we can answer you a thousand way and still have many more.

we catch your doctrine in false assumptions over and over.

remember to keep Revelation 22:11 in the back of your mind overe and over.

PICJAG.
If the Father changes into the Son, time exists making God created and temporal.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If the Father changes into the Son, time exists making God created and temporal.
STOP, there is no person "Father".... LOL, see your ERROR. THERE IS NO PERSON CALLED "FATHER" who is separate and distinct from JESUS.

LOL, LOL, LOL... man this is over Good. God is GOOD, more than enough.

dave, dave learn.... there is no other person to change into...... :eek:

D

Dave L

STOP, there is no person "Father".... LOL, see your ERROR. THERE IS NO PERSON CALLED "FATHER".

LOL, LOL, LOL... man this is over Good. God is GOOD, more than enough.

dave, dave learn.... there is no other person to change into...... :eek:
If God became the Father, then time also exists and the Father is created.