Proof: You were only forgiven of your past sins!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have just written your own creed

You want to decide what I choose, requires a "title" and what I say is a "creed", has no affect on me. I said no such thing.

about rejecting the creeds of others.

I have no requirement to consider or accept what others believe, and join their CREED club, which are Numerous.

Are libraries bad?

I never said they were. That is your wonderment.

And books should be burned?

I am confident many books along with many others things shall be burned.

Each text book is nothing more than a creed.

Disagree. Text books are an INTRODUCTION to and of particular subject.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most please take note of MOST,are not Jew's but kenites ,sons of cain

Depends on the Context being discussed.

For ALL men ever naturally born, All are born Against God.

Most of THEM ^ shall remain Against God.

Of those Who Are Against God, that is their Linked common core belief; Yet MOST of them may cite the Same reasons for Disbelief, which others have different reasons.

Of those Who Are FOR God, there are also common Differences.
Some For God, have become Converted, IOW, accepted His gifts to MAKE them Faithful to Him Forever.
Some have NOT become Converted.

Even among those claiming Conversion, disagree, in many factors;
Such as;
How to become Converted
What Conversion entails and means
Trusting the Clergy over the Word of God
Necessity to Verify the word of God, or not
Purpose for continuing to learn, study, the Word of God or not.
How to gain Gods Understanding of His word.
Among other things.

Just saying ~ many, most, a large number, etc. nescessitates the specific text be considered.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you have questions, the creeds have answers,

If a man has QUESTIONS "ABOUT" thee Lord God Almighty ~

I believe the Bible IS the Source FOR INFORMATION / KNOWLEDGE.

the creeds have answers,

The Bible gives SOME EXPLANATIONS of the INFORMATION / KNOWLEDGE.

It is the Lord God Almighty that GIVES His UNDERSTANDING TO a Converted man THAT SEEKS His Understanding.

most of which hold true.

The Bible, is ALL of which IS True.
Gods Understanding, is ALL of which IS True.

My preference is relying ON the written word, God has provided and approved.

And, relying ON Gods Understanding of His own word.

Why you are trying to push what men have "developed" and "established" over what God has provided to every man willing to accept His provisions is astounding.

You can accept what you choose, no one is badgering you for your choices.

Stop badgering others who choose to accept Gods own Perfect provisions.

Accept, your attempt to lead others into your temptations is a fail.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Frank Lee
D

Dave L

If a man has QUESTIONS "ABOUT" thee Lord God Almighty ~

I believe the Bible IS the Source FOR INFORMATION / KNOWLEDGE.

The Bible gives SOME EXPLANATIONS of the INFORMATION / KNOWLEDGE.

It is the Lord God Almighty that GIVES His UNDERSTANDING TO a Converted man THAT SEEKS His Understanding.

The Bible, is ALL of which IS True.
Gods Understanding, is ALL of which IS True.

My preference is relying ON the written word, God has provided and approved.

And, relying ON Gods Understanding of His own word.

Why you are trying to push what men have "developed" and "established" over what God has provided to every man willing to accept His provisions is astounding.

You can accept what you choose, no one is badgering you for your choices.

Stop badgering others who choose to accept Gods own Perfect provisions.

Accept, your attempt to lead others into your temptations is a fail.

Glory to God,
Taken
How bright is the person who rejects learning from those more learned?

D

Dave L

You want to decide what I choose, requires a "title" and what I say is a "creed", has no affect on me. I said no such thing.

I have no requirement to consider or accept what others believe, and join their CREED club, which are Numerous.

I never said they were. That is your wonderment.

I am confident many books along with many others things shall be burned.

Disagree. Text books are an INTRODUCTION to and of particular subject.

Glory to God,
Taken
And creeds are books full of vast amounts of learning. I happen to think learning is a good thing.

D

Dave L

Why would Catholics want me to believe in rapture.

Belief in the rapture existed centuries before Jesuits Dispensationalism. That has already been covered elsewhere.

You are like commercials on TV. Forget truth, just buy my product.
You are putty in the hands of the Pope unless you study the origins of Dispensationalism and reject it.

D

Dave L

well, if you hold any creed as absolute truth i guess you can!
I've found flaws in all that I've studied but treasure them in the places they deliver. I have not found any errors in the Ecumenical Creeds. But these were short with not too many parts to break down.

D

Dave L

Actually the way you describe where you stand and travel is similar to how I might describe where I stand and travel even though apparently on a number of things we are separated.
The best way to visit Christendom and learn from the Church is through their creeds.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The best way to visit Christendom and learn from the Church is through their creeds.
yes, the best way to understand evil is to experience it, i agree

the Church has no creeds btw, the Holy of Holies is an empty room for a reason imo.

That you cannot find anything wrong in any creeds is not a verification of their veracity so much of your standing, right

D

Dave L

yes, the best way to understand evil is to experience it, i agree

the Church has no creeds btw, the Holy of Holies is an empty room for a reason
So you are saying knowledge is bad, and that's not good.

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went to the doctor today but he had no vaccine against creeditis. Some seem terminably afflicted by creeds to the point of distraction. I hope I can spot those that have it and stay back.

Those that write books about what they think the bible says and those that believe those books instead of the Bible are spreaders of creeds disease. Those reading the books and deciding to believe them over the Bible are bad enough but then they try to convince others that creedism is, better than Christianity.

My commentary on the Bible however simple, would be no better. There is no private interpretation of the Bible what it says stays.

But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
2 Peter 1:20 NASB

This means that the entire library of commentary books on the Bible are not relevant. Creeds begone!

A man or a woman with their Bible and the Holy Spirit present to guide and interpret scripture for them is all that is required. As simple and childlike as that. That's how God made it and why the Bible is the most printed book that ever was or will be.

Those that form denominations, sects, creeds and cults only do so to bring others captive to their private interpretation of the Bible.

I was joyous when a former "musical instruments are evil" church of Christ member that had been liberated came to minister at our church! He had read in the Bible (not in a commentary) how David had invented to himself instruments of music.

The word had set him free.

This brother was playing an electric guitar and broke into a song I'd never heard. The words are;

Well it felt mighty fine when I came out of the wilderness, ran out of the wilderness, danced out of the wilderness leaning on the Lord.

Only the word of God brought this man out of the Church Christ with their anti instrument doctrine and preoccupation with water baptism.

My nephew, is church of christ and is preoccupied with everyone getting baptized. Whether he is saved I know not.

This is the problem with creeds, commentaries and man made, man created denominations. They take part of the Bible mixed with their own erroneous private interpretation of scriptures and form a denomination... A DOMINATION...from it.

2 Peter 2:19 KJVS
While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

Those that advocate any doctrine opposed to the Bible scriptures are fools leading others to their destruction along with themselves.

Brethren beware of evil workers that would pervert you from the simplicity that is in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Peace be to all that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity.

And I believe that I also have the spirit of God. Amen

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Creeds are man made, just as any book. We could write a creed on this forum. We would pick a topic, and debate it. And debate it again until nothing is left to debate. And then write down the results in a crisp clear paragraph. This is how the creeds came into existence. And why they are valuable as textbooks for bible study. I find errors in all except the brief Ecumenical creeds about Christ and the Trinity. And they seem to have survived all challenges until this day.
This is very strongly giving the impression that you don't think God-breathed scripture is different from any other written text-- say "Oliver Twist" or a biology text book or tax code book. Is that truly how you feel about scripture?

D

Dave L

Went to the doctor today but he had no vaccine against creeditis. Some seem terminably afflicted by creeds to the point of distraction. I hope I can spot those that have it and stay back.

Those that write books about what they think the bible says and those that believe those books instead of the Bible are spreaders of creeds disease. Those reading the books and deciding to believe them over the Bible are bad enough but then they try to convince others that creedism is, better than Christianity.

My commentary on the Bible however simple, would be no better. There is no private interpretation of the Bible what it says stays.

But know this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation,
2 Peter 1:20 NASB

This means that the entire library of commentary books on the Bible are not relevant. Creeds begone!

A man or a woman with their Bible and the Holy Spirit present to guide and interpret scripture for them is all that is required. As simple and childlike as that. That's how God made it and why the Bible is the most printed book that ever was or will be.

Those that form denominations, sects, creeds and cults only do so to bring others captive to their private interpretation of the Bible.

I was joyous when a former "musical instruments are evil" church of Christ member that had been liberated came to minister at our church! He had read in the Bible (not in a commentary) how David had invented to himself instruments of music.

The word had set him free.

This brother was playing an electric guitar and broke into a song I'd never heard. The words are;

We'll it felt mighty fine when I came out of the wilderness, ran out of the wilderness, danced out of the wilderness leaning on the Lord.

Only the word of God brought this man out of the Church Christ with their anti instrument doctrine and preoccupation with water baptism.

My nephew, is church of christ and is preoccupied with everyone getting baptized. Whether he is saved I know not.

This is the problem with creeds, commentaries and man made, man created denominations. They take part of the Bible mixed with their own erroneous private interpretation of scriptures and form a denomination... A DOMINATION...from it.

2 Peter 2:19 KJVS
While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
Think of it this way. Everything you learned from your pastors over the years were conclusions they drew about topics in scripture. Those are vocal creeds. If you wrote them down they would be written creeds.

D

Dave L

This is very strongly giving the impression that you don't think God-breathed scripture is different from any other written text-- say "Oliver Twist" or a biology text book or tax code book. Is that truly how you feel about scripture?
Is the trinity doctrine true to scripture?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
But creeds are bad because they are creeds?
imo creeds differ from theories in the absolute sense that the first are written down on paper after men have made decisions rather than before they have made them, as in the second; iow they are presented as truth when they obviously are not, and i say obviously bc other ppl object to the creed. If you believe in a creed, by def you cannot believe all things right

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is the trinity doctrine true to scripture?
Please actually answer the question about YOUR beliefs. Again:

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

imo creeds differ from theories in the absolute sense that the first are written down on paper after men have made decisions rather than before they have made them, as in the second; iow they are presented as truth when they obviously are not, and i say obviously bc other ppl object to the creed
Creeds are the result of research and refinement. Not theories until you get to the 1800s.