Prosperity Gospel is Fact

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

XFire

May 14, 2022
San jose
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I write the title this way so that we all may be educated thru discussion.

KJV refs. Please add verse support in all replies instead of just flaming to other.

I postulate that as being created in the direct image of God The Father that He also blesses us to be prosperous in all ways: in health, in finances, etc.

First is that we as Christians are adopted into the covenant of Abraham . Gal 3.8-9

With that said this then shows Christians can be/will be Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. heb 6.14

Then the parable of the sower.. specifically the 4th part in Luke 8.8.

We bless and multiply by sowing seed from our overflow in each and everyones ministry. This is living waters John 4.10. Remember that the blessings from God only come thru other people. This is the living water that flows thru the world granting grace to those that receive. These blessings should not stop with you but continue to others thru you.

In all of God's creation there is seed. For man this seed is not just procreation
. But includes money, lands, friendships, doing service, giving blessings, etc.

How many watermelons are in 1 seed. Answer innumerable. How many blessings are in your seed. Again the answer is innumerable

SavedInHim

Jan 10, 2023
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich);" Revelation 2:9

"Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?" James 2:5

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Our "prosperity" might not be what we expect:

29 Jesus said, “Truly I say to you, there is no one who has left house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or farms, for My sake and for the gospel’s sake, 30 but that he will receive a hundred times as much now in the present age, houses and brothers and sisters and mothers and children and farms, along with persecutions; and in the age to come, eternal life. (Mark 10:29-30)​
So, now I have a mother and a sister in Christ and a son who are not physically related to me but still need care, and there's work that needs to be done, and there are people out there who don't believe what I believe and don't understand...

And yet in a sense, I guess I am prosperous.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Prosperity Gospel is Fact​

I suggest we begin the education process by defining terms. Juxtapose the "prosperity gospel" with its opposing world view.

A logical way to proceed is by hypothesis testing:
H0: The prosperity gospel is true.​
Ha: The prosperity gospel is false.​

In life, there is often evidence in favor of both sides. A case study is the expression a broken clock is right twice a day. 2 data points support that it is, in fact, correctly working. Only from the perspective of more data points does one legitimately conclude the truth is that the clock is broken. This is often why legal trials are so complicated. And it takes discernment to recognize the truth from the facts. NOTE: I differentiate between facts and truth.

I hold the prosperity gospel is false and no one need look further than our Lord who was brutally murdered and owned nothing but the clothes on his back. Our Lord did not even have a pillow to rest his head. You asked for Scriptures and I primarily rely on the hero chapter of Hebrews 11. In verse 35, the prosperity gospel is destroyed pivoting on the "and then there were others" phrase and what that means to H0.
Women received their loved ones back again from death. But others were tortured, refusing to turn from God in order to be set free. They placed their hope in a better life after the resurrection.

These "others" were not lacking in faith. My pastor did a whole sermon on this point. One pastor put it this way. God did not put us here to be successful. He put us here to be faithful.

Hope this helps!

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

KJV refs. Please add verse support in all replies instead of just flaming to other.

I postulate that as being created in the direct image of God The Father that He also blesses us to be prosperous in all ways: in health, in finances, etc.

First is that we as Christians are adopted into the covenant of Abraham . Gal 3.8-9

With that said this then shows Christians can be/will be Saying, Surely blessing I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee. heb 6.14

We bless and multiply by sowing seed from our overflow in each and everyones ministry. This is living waters John 4.10. Remember that the blessings from God only come thru other people. This is the living water that flows thru the world granting grace to those that receive. These blessings should not stop with you but continue to others thru you.

In all of God's creation there is seed. For man this seed is not just procreation

How many watermelons are in 1 seed. Answer innumerable. How many blessings are in your seed. Again the answer is innumerable
Yea, I was in Egypt and Turkey this past week, I saw many fellow Christians and I can tell you... Your Prosperity Gospel was dead on arrival!

This is what I saw....

NASB Ecc 1:12 I, the Preacher, have been king over Israel in Jerusalem. Ecc 1:13 And I set my mind to seek and explore by wisdom concerning all that has been done under heaven. It is a grievous task which God has given to the sons of men to be afflicted with.

CLV Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Rom 8:20 For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope

I'm happy you always have Food in your mouth and a Roof over your head.... Please don't assume every one lives their life like those in America!

I understand you may not travel much out side your country... You don't see the filth, hunger, and desperation in the eyes of others just wanting their next meal to feed to their child.

Prosperity Gospel are you Freaking kidding me!!!​

Here is a Picture of the Rich.... No Washer or Dryer... Hot water only 2 hrs per day... This is the nice area of town.... High end neighborhood! 20231114_092229.jpg

This is upper Middle Class.... Christians in the mix....

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with a "Prosperity Gospel" is that it is not a balanced understanding of our Christian faith.

Yes, God can and does bless us in many ways.... sometimes simple ways. However, there is also sometimes suffering and trials in our walk of faith.

God uses suffering and trials to refine our faith, to help us grow as Christians.

It is an immature, self-centered Christian that always expects only blessings to fall out of the sky for him or her.

2My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, 3knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. 4But let patience have its perfect work, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking nothing. James 1:2-4

Last edited:

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea, I was in Egypt and Turkey this past week, I saw many fellow Christians and I can tell you... Your Prosperity Gospel was dead on arrival!
Thanks for posting those photos of Egypt or Turkey.

Here are some Christians in Nepal. Simple lives but happy in the Lord. My friend is an indigenous pastor there.

children-in-nepal_648993475_o.jpg

pastor-tek-thapa_648995045_o.jpg

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with a "Prosperity Gospel" is that it is not a balanced understanding of our Christian faith.
Agreed. When I was 10 years old in 1977 I saw Star Wars in the movie theater. There is a scene where Governor Tarkin tells Darth Vader that he is all that is left of the ancient religion. That captured my imagination.

If true believers acquired Jedi powers such as:
  1. Visions of the future and past and present far away locations
  2. Sensed the will of God ("The Force") in powerful and regular ways (see above) to achieve amazing feats in being at the right place at the right time to do the right thing to make the biggest difference to make the world a better place.
  3. Senses people's thoughts and intentions
  4. telekinesis
  5. telepathy
  6. super speed
  7. super strength
  8. super endurance
  9. ability to absorb and deflect weapon fire with ones hand
  10. Prosperity Gospel: All who embrace the Jedi (or Christian) religion prospered in all ways far beyond others.
It would be difficult to deny the legitimacy of the Christian God and Christian faith. But that is not quite the reality. Faith is a component missing in the fictional Star Wars universe. It advances a works based doctrine.

In the real world, we are challenged and tested on the point of faith. When I was a non-believer, it was a concept I hated above all others. Atheists scoff at faith precisely because they violate the 1C, making themselves God or coveting the role of lord not meant for them. I understand this hatred well.

And if your "faith" is based on prosperity, imagine how fragile and easily it is broken? An unexpected death. A down turn in your financial markets and 401K. You are laid off. Your spouse leaves you and your teen aged children hate you. Or maybe, being so spoiled in our holding onto a Vending Machine God, our faith is destroyed by getting less prosperity than we feel we deserve?
  • We don't have money enough for a newer car, house, boat or plane?
  • We don't have the health to break the record in athletic competition?
  • We are not as desired by the opposite sex as much as we feel we should?
Give me. Give me. Give me. What an immature mentality. This is not the way. The way is faith through adversity then we will be blessed by the adversity in the character it molds us. Virtue is its own reward.

1 Corinthians 9:23-25 CEV
23 I do all this for the good news, because I want to share in its blessings.

24 You know that many runners enter a race, and only one of them wins the prize. So run to win! 25 Athletes work hard to win a crown that cannot last, but we do it for a crown that will last forever.

Reactions: Azim and Debp

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand you may not travel much out side your country... You don't see the filth, hunger, and desperation in the eyes of others just wanting their next meal to feed to their child.
Like a see saw: materially rich, spiritually poor; materially poor, spiritually rich.

Knowing this is how it is, why would the almighty materially enrich us KNOWING it will cause many to retreat from him?

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

So you have reduced God to a vending machine.

• Haha
Reactions: Lambano

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Never go on the mission field and preach that prosperity gospel to the poor and destitute! You will be lying to them.

Paul said haveing food and clothing- be content. Neither Jesus nor any of the apostles ever taught the heresy of the prosperity gospel.

Reactions: Debp

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I know your works, tribulation, and poverty (but you are rich);" Revelation 2:9

"Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?" James 2:5

Sounds like Christians need to get rid of all their stuff and live under a bridge somewhere in poverty... so they can be closer to the Lord and earn their salvation by throwing all their worldly possessions out!

Of course those that act as though this is how it ought to be... all live in a nice house, have cars, nice clothes, etc, etc but they like to put on a false humility thinking it pleases the Lord. rolleyes3.gif

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why would the almighty materially enrich us KNOWING it will cause many to retreat from him?

Those that have no self control (not submitted to the Lord) would allow the deceitfulness of riches to choke the Word out of their lives so they quit bearing fruit (Mark 4:13-20).

Those that are mature in the Lord can have money and material possessions and it does not change them. It in fact provides opportunities for them to bless others and support the gospel in ways poor people cannot.

1 Corinthians 7:30,31
And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Financial wealth should not be abused and should not make a mature believer high minded in anyway.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Don't tell that to the believers around the world who are desperately poor. In their Joy of knowing the Lord they will in love laugh at you!

Paul told us having food and clothing let us be content. Nowhere except through reinterpreting Gods Word do we see God commanding His children to be wealthy.

Pierac

Nov 15, 2021
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for posting those photos of Egypt or Turkey.

Here are some Christians in Nepal. Simple lives but happy in the Lord. My friend is an indigenous pastor there.

View attachment 38246

View attachment 38247
Lovely... It's the Human story through out History...

We want just the basics.... Food, Housing, and the Love of our Family and fellow neighbors!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God will honour His promises - this is the basis for the prosperity gospel. However, that does not mean unlimited riches and wealth beyond compare. What it does mean is that God provides for us, meets our needs not wants. He will supply all we need plus enough to share with those who need it.

Matthew 6:19-21
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

2 Corinthians 8:14
At the present time your plenty will supply what they need, so that in turn their plenty will supply what you need. The goal is equality,

Acts 14:17
Yet he has not left himself without testimony: He has shown kindness by giving you rain from heaven and crops in their seasons; he provides you with plenty of food and fills your hearts with joy.”

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I was 10 years old in 1977 I saw Star Wars in the movie theater. There is a scene where Governor Tarkin tells Darth Vader that he is all that is left of the ancient religion. That captured my imagination.

Yeah, Star Wars is a great place to l;earn about the Gospel

May the horse be with you!
laughing2.gif