Protestant colored glasses!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The deceptive nature of the Protestants' "faith alone" doctrine is that it allows them to interpret the Bible however they want and call themselves Christian instead of believing or doing what the Bible actually says. The term "Protestant" is so appropriate for such a person.

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The deceptive nature of the Protestants' "faith alone" doctrine is that it allows them to interpret the Bible however they want and call themselves Christian instead of believing or doing what the Bible actually says. The term "Protestant" is so appropriate for such a person.
Wow.... Such a glowing report from a NEW person to the forums... GOOD GRIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Protestant scriptures

Matt 24:12 he who has “Faith Alone” is saved.

Yet another FAIL, when someone tries to make false claims for others. :eek:

Protestant Scripture;
Matt 24:
[12] And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestant colored glasses

I just saw no less than 10 different pictures of the Catholic Pope wearing Dark colored glasses.
Does that mean the Catholic Pope is now a Protestant? :D

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

How about arguing the facts without lumping all non Roman-sect Christians together?

Water baptism clearly is symbolic- just as 1Peter 3:21 actually says - and it’s faith toward Jesus AND repentance toward God that saves us, per Paul in Acts:

Act 20:20 And how I kept back nothing that was profitable unto you, but have shewed you, and have taught you publickly, and from house to house,

Act 20:21 Testifying both to the Jews, and also to the Greeks, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ.

Baruch HaShem HaMasciach Y’eshua

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death
If Catholics are so keen about baptismal regeneration, how come the RCC does not practice baptism by immersion as stated here? "Buried" under water is what this speaks about. And that is the only way to identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Even the Didache speaks of sprinkling as a substitute under special circumstances. In any event regeneration is internal and supernatural, not a washing with water.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rebellion would be better
It is a sin against Christian virtue of obedience

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestant colored glasses

I just saw no less than 10 different pictures of the Catholic Pope wearing Dark colored glasses.
Does that mean the Catholic Pope is now a Protestant? :D

It is a sin against Christian virtue of obedience
It means you are your own pope

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Catholics are so keen about baptismal regeneration, how come the RCC does not practice baptism by immersion as stated here? "Buried" under water is what this speaks about. And that is the only way to identify with the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. Even the Didache speaks of sprinkling as a substitute under special circumstances. In any event regeneration is internal and supernatural, not a washing with water.
Both and
An entire ritual
And immersion is prefered

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

They’re taught that the Roman Catholic sect has authority to change anything they want to, such as to call their priests Father, after Jesus said to call no priest rabbi, master, or father, as a religious title...

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They’re taught that the Roman Catholic sect has authority to change anything they want to, such as to call their priests Father, after Jesus said to call no priest rabbi, master, or father, as a religious title...
You will find that authority in matt 16:18 18:18

Call no man father

Biblical understanding

Matt 23:9
Call no man Father?

Is this an absolute requirement?
Or is Our Savior condemning pride and spiritual pride of the Pharisees?

God calls men father!

Ex 3:6 Moreover he said, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. And Moses hid his face; for he was afraid to look upon God.

Jesus calls men father!

Jn 6:49 Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.

Mary calls men father!

Lk 1:55 As he spake to our fathers, to Abraham, and to his seed for ever.

Peter calls men father!

Acts3:13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

The stephen calls men father!

Acts 7 Stephen quotes the fathers over and over!

The Bible calls men father!

Luke 16:24
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

Acts 3:13
The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Jacob, the God of our fathers, hath glorified his Son Jesus; whom ye delivered up, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when he was determined to let him go.

Then there is spiritual fathers!

Spiritual Fathers have care for our souls!

Acts 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Jn 21:17 feed my sheep:

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they care for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

1 Tim 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Gal 4:19 My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you

1 John 2
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.

That makes Peter, Paul and John spiritual fathers, pastors of our souls!

Isa 22 the administrator of the kingdom is called father, so the same for Peter, the apostles, and their successors!

Jesus Christ continues HIS ministry in His new covenant church thru Peter, the apostles, and their successors with the same mission, power, and authority!
Mt 16:18 Mt 28:19 Acts 1:17 acts 8:31 & 35 acts 9:4 Lk 10:16 Jn 8:32 Jn 13:20 Jn 15:5 Jn 16:13 Jn 20:21-22 eph 2:20

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

Jn 20:21 as my father sent me, so send in you. (The apostles) posses the same power mission and authority as Christ!
Peter, the apostles and their successors!

Eph 3: 14 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,

every family in heaven and on earth is named from the “Father.” We are fathers in the Father.

Acts 7:2; 22:1, 1 John 2:13 – elders of the Church are called “fathers.” Therefore, we should ask the question, “Why don’t Protestants call their pastors “father?”

1 Cor. 4:17 – Paul calls Bishop Timothy a beloved and faithful “child” in the Lord.

2 Cor. 12:14 – Paul describes his role as parent over his “children” the Corinthians.

Phil. 2:22 – Paul calls Timothy’s service to him as a son serves a “father.”

1 Thess. 2:11- Paul compares the Church elders’ ministry to the people like a father with his children.

1 Tim. 1:2,18; 2 Tim. 1:2-3 – Paul calls Timothy his true “child” in the faith and his son.

Titus 1:4 – Paul calls Titus his true “child” in a common faith. Priests are our spiritual fathers in the family of God.

Philemon 10 – Paul says he has become the “father” of Onesimus.

Heb. 12:7,9 – emphasizes our earthly “fathers.” But these are not just biological but also spiritual (the priests of the Church).

1 Peter 5:13 – Peter refers to himself as father by calling Mark his “son.”

1 John 2:1,1 John 2:13,14 – John calls the elders of the Church “fathers.”

Isa 22:21-22 the prime minister who administer the kingdom under the king in the line of david Lk 1:32-23 has the title father and hold the keys Matt 16:18

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a few you forgot
Biblical Mary:

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!

Blessing from God thru Mary!

All graces come to us they Mary, from God by the merits (blood) of Christ!
Jn 1:16
Of His fullness we have all received, grace for grace!

Elizabeth filled with the Holy Spirit!

Lk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost:

John sanctified in the womb!

Lk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb.

Lk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.

Zacharias is filled with the Holy Spirit and prophecy!

Lk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

The wedding couple have wine and not shame!

Jn 2: 10 And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now.

The disciples are supplied with faith, hope, and charity!

11 This beginning of miracles did Jesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory; and his disciples believed on him.

All these blessings from God because of Mary most holy!

Mother of Divine Grace!

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

The throne of Grace is the throne of Mary the ever Virgin mother of God!

We come boldly to this throne cause Mary is our mother and advocate!

Mary is the storehouse of divine graces!

Lk 1:28
And the angel entered to her, and said, Hail Mary, full of grace; the Lord is with thee; blessed be thou among women.

Good enough for Angels!
Good enough for the Bible!
Good enough for me!

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Protestant scriptures

Matt 24:12 he who has “Faith Alone” is saved.

Matt 24:13 he who endures till the end shall be saved.

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, they are saved by “Faith Alone”.

Matt 28:19
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Mk 16:16 he who has “Faith Alone” is saved.

Mk 16:16 he who believes and is baptized shall be saved.

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born by “Faith Alone” thru the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and preached “Faith Alone” 23 And John also was also preaching “Faith Alone” in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much people there: and they came, and believed.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made more disciples by “Faith Alone” than John.

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be saved by “Faith Alone” and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Acts 22:16
And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as believe by “Faith Alone” into Jesus Christ were believed into his death?

Romans 6:3
Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by “Faith Alone” into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Rom 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all believed by “Faith Alone “ into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been believed by “Faith Alone” into Christ have put on Christ.

Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even “Faith Alone” doth also now save us!

1 pet 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!

Part 2

1 cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have “Faith Alone” so that I could remove mountains, I am saved.

1 cor 13: 2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

1 cor 13:13 And now abideth “Faith Alone” this one, and the greatest is “Faith Alone”.

1 cor 13:13 And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, to have “Faith Alone”.

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now we are saved.

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Let’s all be just like the jews and reject Christ by adding all our great works and earning the gift of eternal life

woohoo

you need to rename the thread to Catholic colored glasses.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You will find that authority in matt 16:18 18:18
This is another CATHOLIC MYTH. Peter was never associated with the church of Rome, and the epistle to the Romans does not even mention this so-called pope. Do you even understand the passage you have quoted?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is another CATHOLIC MYTH. Peter was never associated with the church of Rome, and the epistle to the Romans does not even mention this so-called pope. Do you even understand the passage you have quoted?
Read Isa 22:21-22

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Read Isa 22:21-22
That is an allusion to Christ, even though Eliakim is shown as the person of whom it is written. Only Christ has the key of the house of David, as noted in Revelation 3:7:And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith He that is holy, He that is true, He that hath the key of David, He that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth, and no man openeth.

20 And it shall come to pass in that day, that I will call my servant Eliakim the son of Hilkiah: 21 And I will clothe him with thy robe, and strengthen him with thy girdle, and I will commit thy government into his hand: and he shall be a father to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, and to the house of Judah.22 And the key of the house of David will I lay upon his shoulder; so he shall open, and none shall shut; and he shall shut, and none shall open.

23 And I will fasten him as a nail in a sure place; and he shall be for a glorious throne to his father's house.
24 And they shall hang upon him all the glory of his father's house, the offspring and the issue, all vessels of small quantity, from the vessels of cups, even to all the vessels of flagons. 25I n that day, saith the LORD of hosts, shall the nail that is fastened in the sure place be removed, and be cut down, and fall; and the burden that was upon it shall be cut off: for the LORD hath spoken it.