1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Protestant denominations

Discussion in 'Christian Theology Forum' started by CoreIssue, May 8, 2019.

1. CoreIssue

CoreIssue Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
  2. brakelite

brakelite Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    I didn't know that. Are you sure? Cos I thought he was a Presbyterian minister, Scottish I think.

3. Enoch111

Enoch111 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Canada
    It does not matter. He has done a great service in showing Christians the truth about the Waldensians.

As you will note from their Statement of Faith (for which I created a thread), the majority of SDA doctrines line up with Scripture and what conservative Christians believe.

4. brakelite

brakelite Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    After a minimal amount of intense research, (I looked up Wikipedia) I have discovered to my utmost astonishment and delight, that Mr. James A Wylie, noted historian and minister, writer and compiler of that most celebrated of scholarly historical tomes, "The History of the Waldenses" as well as a similarly entitled book "The History of Protestantism", was indeed Presbyterian, not Seventh Day Adventist. Oh, and he was also Scottish! I also discovered that he lived during the 19th century, in Scotland, before any SDA missionaries had set foot upon Scottish shores. So it would seem likely that the esteemed Mr. Wylie was completely unaware of the Adventist movement in America, unless of course he had received letters to that effect, a notion I can neither prove, nor disprove.

5. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    I found him listed on a SDA site

6. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Of course it matters.

Just like it matters when you tell me I need to pay attention to material on Baptists being a continuation of the early church.

Fact is Baptist is a denomination that Paul says we're not supposed to have.

Fact is there is not just one Baptist denomination, but many.

It doesn't matter if any SDA doctrine agrees up with Scripture. The fact is the majority do not.

The fact is they follow a false prophet.

The fact is the Bible says we are not to follow false prophets.

7. CoreIssue

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    James S. White, Bible Adventism, Intr.

Ellen G. White found guilty of plagiarism (copying)

8. Wafer

Wafer Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    An ancient word "qol" meant a wheel or a plow. Derivations are cycle, cult, culture, cultivate, colon and colony.

Nobody actually knows what a cult is. I have researched the word and it simply does not have a definition. It is a general purpose insult for any religious group you don't like.

9. tzcho2

tzcho2 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Nobody??? LOL! Except for the fact that Cult is a WORD and has a specific Definition.