Protestantism is a sin....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They mess this up . Not only that but JESUS says twice , i give you the keys . He said it to peter and them
then later says it again . They teach that peter alone held the keys and that THE RCC CHURCH HOLDS the KEYS .
They might hold keys , but it aint THE KEYS . I truly do pray for that man . But very deep rooted that man is within the system my friend .
But , God opened my eyes , so i will pray GOD opens the eyes of thee faith . Before its TOO LATE .

peter not a confession
You can’t give keys to a confession

Isa 22:21-22

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church was not founded on Peter either, but on his confession that Jesus was the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and Jesus never made Peter a Pope.

yes he did

you can’t give keys of authority to a confession

Keys of authority! And power to bind and loose! Matt 16:18 and Matt 18:18 matt 28:19

Moral authority:
(Teaching)
Necessity of being taught by Christ:
Two edge sword: defining truth and condemning errors, and Interpreting scripture.

Jurisdictional authority:
(Governing / administering)
Necessity of Peter and the apostles and their successors to govern the holy church.

Spiritual authority:
(Life of Grace)
Sanctifying thru the mass and Sacraments

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
peter not a confession
You can’t give keys to a confession

It is spiritual. There were no literal keys either. The Bible speaks of being born again, but that is not possible either in the natural. He was speaking of Peter's confession. I do not care how many times you disagree. That is what Jesus was speaking of. That is my position, and it is not going to change.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus never made Peter a Pope, and the word Pope never appears in scripture. In addition, if Peter were the first Pope, Paul would not have been able to rebuke Peter for having a fault, but Paul did, to his face. Peter would have been over Paul in authority, and he was not.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While we are at it, where do we find the Rosary in scripture? Where do we find Nuns in scripture? Where do we find New Testament Priests in the church that cannot marry? Where does God change his commandment against graven images and say to create them for departed saints, and where are we told to pray to them? Where does the Bible say to pray to Mary to get to Jesus? Where does scripture say Mary remained a virgin forever? My Bible says she had many children after Jesus.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not know, as I do not consider myself Protestant or Catholic. I am a born again Christian. I am not protesting anything. I never was. I hold to the Bible alone, and seek to establish a church based on scripture alone. I am not aware of 5 dogmas of Protestants.

the 5 Solas or dogmas

how to get born again? Baptism?

Context of Jn 3:5 “born again”

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Born again means Baptismal regeneration!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would not know, as I do not consider myself Protestant or Catholic. I am a born again Christian. I am not protesting anything. I never was. I hold to the Bible alone, and seek to establish a church based on scripture alone. I am not aware of 5 dogmas of Protestants.

FACAGA?

Rom 8: 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

Are Solas biblical?

Faith alone:
Christ alone:
Grace alone:

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13

And never “faith alone”!

Rev. 2 I know thy works! I thought faith alone is all that mattered?

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Heb 12:4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

How can salvation be by faith alone in Christ alone thru grace alone?

Faith alone?

1 cor 13:2 and 13:13, Phil 1:29, James 2:24 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 oppose faith alone!

Christ alone?

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

Romans 4:24
But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Not Christ alone must also believe on the Father who sent Christ!

Grace alone? Mk 16:16 faith and baptism!
Jn 3:5 water and the spirit! Ez 36:25-27
Acts 2:38-39 the promise of the father, sacred oath is a sacrament!

Not grace alone but, grace thru baptism of water and the spirit, and a new heart full of love of God!

Matt 5:7 merciful receive mercy
Lk 7:47 forgiven by love
1 pet 4:8 charity covers sins
Jn 20:21-23 sins forgiven

Acts 22:15 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

Jn 3:5 and Titus 3:5 born again refers to baptismal regeneration

John1:26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; (John prepared the way by baptism)

John 2:6 And there were set there six waterpots of stone, after the manner of the purifying of the Jews, containing two or three firkins apiece. (Old covenant prefiguring of baptism, purification from sin)(His disciples believed because the ever Virgin mother of God interceded Jn 2:11)

John3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. (Baptism)

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

Paul never taught justification by “faith alone”!

Did not Paul write these scriptures?

1 cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13:13

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Other scriptures opposing “faith alone”

Matt 5:7 mercy thru merciful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont even know what the five dogmas are .
I was not raised at all in any church . My mother was a non practicing catholic , my dad an atheiest .
When i was flipped around , I was put in the BIBLE . That is , for the most part , the only knoweldge i know .
Other than where i learned things in the library , by actually reading and not googling .
I read the book on the chronogical listing of the popes . It was very long . The author was and IS a catholic .
SO i read on them . Found fault in every recorded pope . And not just fault but massive dangerous faults .
I even read about mormonism from the mormon books there . Knew it was false right fast .
I read about jehovas , from their own books in the library , KNEW they were not the church .
And so on it went . I Dont just heed some wild eyed man on google making some video about someone .
I GO to the source itself . And that is why i tell ya , with upmost love , to leave that church my friend .
I hear protestants talking dispensationalism this or that . HAVE NO IDEA what they are talking about .
As i said , i was never raised in a church . I had heard the gospel when i was a wee boy . at four and again at eight .
But i never followed Christ . PRAISE GOD , HE flipped me around in may of two thousand and six , And put a whole new heart
with whole new desires into me . He put me right in that bible for hours daily and in it , by his grace i have stayed reading it hours daily .
ITS LOVELY . AND ITS TRUTH . Learn it well .

FACAGA?

Rom 8: 24 For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

Are Solas biblical?

Faith alone:
Christ alone:
Grace alone:

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13

And never “faith alone”!

Faith alone?

1 cor 13:2 and 13:13, Phil 1:29, James 2:24 Mk 16:16 Jn 3:5 Titus 3:5 oppose faith alone!

Christ alone?

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

But for us also, to whom it shall be imputed, if we believe on him that raised up Jesus our Lord from the dead;

Not grace alone but, grace thru baptism of water and the spirit, and a new heart full of love of God!

Acts 22:15 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism)

John 4:4 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

1 cor 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.

Three things are eternal (and therefore inseparable) faith, hope, & charity, and the greatest of these is charity! 1 cor 13:13

Phil 1:29 For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the 5 Solas or dogmas

how to get born again? Baptism?

John 3:22 After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. 23 And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.(Baptism / water)

John 4:1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Jesus made and baptized more disciples than John.

A lot of people are baptized but not saved. Baptism does not save people, but if what you say is true, anyone would be born again if they are simply baptized. By the way, baptism in the Bible is by emersion, not sprinkling. If baptism is a requirement for salvation, a lot of Catholics are hell bound because they were not really baptized. Being born again is a spiritual experience where the old man of sin dies and we are made a new creature in Christ Jesus that is completely changed. I did not see 5 dogmas here.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How should i know . I dont follow that . Dont even know .
But what i have seen from the RCC , is bad news my friend . And as i said i did research it .
Yes , any broke clock is right at least twice a day , so yes they even have some things that are right .
But so much dangerous heresays and praying to saints and mary . Even the angel told JOHN to get up , WORSHIP GOD .
But the CC says , oh we can pray to saints , mary , angels and etc . That is blasphemous .
And i say that out of great concern for your soul my friend . I am a hater of none . THIS is why i warn .

how is it blasphemous? In the communion of saints we all pray for each other

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is spiritual. There were no literal keys either. The Bible speaks of being born again, but that is not possible either in the natural. He was speaking of Peter's confession. I do not care how many times you disagree. That is what Jesus was speaking of. That is my position, and it is not going to change.

the keys are the doctrine of Christ
Thee faith eph 4:5 and Jude 1:3

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FACAGA?

Are Solas biblical?

Faith alone:
Christ alone:
Grace alone:

And never “faith alone”!

Faith alone?

Christ alone?

Faith without works is dead. We are saved by faith, but that is an active faith. Jesus said that those who are his disciples obey his teachings. Those who do not are not really people of faith. Non-Catholics are divided over this, as they are divided over unconditional security of the believer, a doctrine I reject.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A lot of people are baptized but not saved. Baptism does not save people, but if what you say is true, anyone would be born again if they are simply baptized. By the way, baptism in the Bible is by emersion, not sprinkling. If baptism is a requirement for salvation, a lot of Catholics are hell bound because they were not really baptized. Being born again is a spiritual experience where the old man of sin dies and we are made a new creature in Christ Jesus that is completely changed. I did not see 5 dogmas here.

baptism is by sprinkling or pouring ez 36:25-27

we become members of Christ in his new covenant church in grace but not saved until the hour of death matt 24:13

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, and Salvation!

Redemption: 100 percent the work of God, thru the life, death, resurrection, and ascension of Jesus Christ! All mankind are redeemed in Christ! Eph 2
Galatians 2:16 3:13
Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law...
Christ alone accomplished the redemption of mankind apart from any works on our part!

Justification: our acceptance of redemption thru faith and baptism! Become a disciple and member of Christ and His Church! Jn 3:5 acts 2:38 Mk 16:16 He who believes and is baptized shall be saved. 1 Corinthians 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. Galatians 3:27
For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Sanctification: the life of grace in the holy sacrifice of the mass and sacraments, prayer, virture, and good works, the just living by faith, and faith working thru love! Phil 1:29 called to suffer with Christ.
All done in Christ thru His grace! Jn 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

Salvation: a christian in the state if grace at the moment of death we enter into the salvation of the Lord! Mt 24:44-47 faithful servant! Jn 15:1-5 abide in me. Mt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.
Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:
Heb 4:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;
Rom 13:11 ...for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

Suffering required for glorification with Christ!

1 Pet 3:20
Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us!
(Ark of Noah a type of the church, member of Christ and his church and salvation by baptism!)
(Outside the ark all died and outside the church there is no salvation!)
The holy church is the ark of grace and salvation!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith without works is dead. We are saved by faith, but that is an active faith. Jesus said that those who are his disciples obey his teachings. Those who do not are not really people of faith. Non-Catholics are divided over this, as they are divided over unconditional security of the believer, a doctrine I reject.

by grace in Christ in his church by his sacraments

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture you posted does not say that. This is just your opinion, and I disagree.

there is only one true faith of Christ and his apostles acts 2:42 eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Must be taught by the holy church by the apostles! Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Acts 2:42

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed, we must endure till the end to be saved. We must be overcomers to be saved. We must finish the race to be saved. I would not argue with that, but in the mind of God, the elect are already known and sealed, as He knew who would be saved before he created us in the womb.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
baptism is by sprinkling or pouring ez 36:25-27

we become members of Christ in his new covenant church in grace but not saved until the hour of death matt 24:13
Baptism in the New Testament is not by sprinkling or pouring. It is by emersion.

Instant

Sep 17, 2020
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by grace in Christ in his church by his sacraments

We are not saved by the Catholic Church and the sacraments. That is absolute nonsense. We do not have to suffer to be glorified. You took that completely out of context. We must be willing to stand for Christ, even if it leads to suffering. We cannot deny him, but it does not mean we must necessarily suffer. We are taught by the Apostles by reading the Bible, and the Catholic Church is not Jesus' church. The Catholic Church was man's attempt to bring all world religions together by trying to Christianize paganism. That is not acceptable to Jesus.