Proverbs 19:14

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then the opposite of that is the answer you were looking for right?
I would rather not commit to agreeing to this statement....in today's modern society expectations have changed dramatically.
Husbands want their wives to work and help with the bills. In the OT, women weren't allowed to have a "job" other than to take care of the kids, house and husband:)...which was a huge responsibility.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would rather not commit to agreeing to this statement....in today's modern society expectations have changed dramatically.
Husbands want their wives to work and help with the bills. In the OT, women weren't allowed to have a "job" other than to take care of the kids, house and husband:)...which was a huge responsibility.
@Heart2Soul Interesting that Lydia (Acts 16) was 'a seller of purple' and clearly employed ppl. Even the Proverbs 31 lady considered field 'and buyeth it'. Maybe some men were hostile to women in business, but it wasn't Scriptural to have such an attitude.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Interesting that Lydia (Acts 16) was 'a seller of purple' and clearly employed ppl. Even the Proverbs 31 lady considered field 'and buyeth it'. Maybe some men were hostile to women in business, but it wasn't Scriptural to have such an attitude.
Only for her household....it wasn't a job at the marketplace where she had a booth selling her wares...lol.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Only for her household....it wasn't a job at the marketplace where she had a booth selling her wares...lol.
Well, clearly women would go about bearing pitchers of water, etc. This is why it is sometimes commented that in Mark 14 a man doing so would have been so conspicuous.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Proverbs 19:14 House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.

a good wife is from god so the bad wife is not from god

so what if a man marries but it turned out the wife is not a good wife and they fought and separated and this man finds another woman and he find a good woman the 2nd woman is a virgin

is this considered adultery? for the 1st woman? the 1st woman is not given by God but the 2nd is
Hello there,@Funny bird,

I thank you for referring to Proverbs 19:14, for it has caused me to consider other verses which refer to a wife, especially the virtuous woman of Psalm 31. It has made me see how important it is to be very careful in the choice of a partner, and to be sure that you both have an understanding of what is required of you in a marriage relationship. We are so often carried away by our feelings for someone, and become blind to all else. Our first consideration should be our relationship with the Lord, and that should be a governing principle in our choice of life-long partner.

* Regarding the prudent wife of the verse of your choice. What does prudent mean? For the verse does not use the words, 'good' or 'bad', as you have: but 'prudent'. The first part of the verse speaks of 'house' and 'riches' being the inheritance of fathers, so what bearing does what follows have upon that? 'The virtuous woman would be a good illustration (Proverb 31), for the husband of such a woman would indeed have every expectation of a house and riches, because of his wife's industry and wisdom.

* The word 'prudent', according to scriptural usage rather than dictionary definition is to behave oneself wisely. to have understanding and be skillful.

* The husband and wife relationship for the believer, is referred to a good deal in the New Testament, and various things considered in relation to it. Ephesians 5, 1 Corinthians 7 and Romans 7:2-3, which is referring to the law in regard to marriage.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Reactions: ThePuffyBlob

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proverbs 19:14 House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD.

a good wife is from god so the bad wife is not from god

so what if a man marries but it turned out the wife is not a good wife and they fought and separated and this man finds another woman and he find a good woman the 2nd woman is a virgin

is this considered adultery? for the 1st woman? the 1st woman is not given by God but the 2nd is
16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
but his words do not change, only people change
If someone is not a believer, but married, s/he is still married, none the less.
why can't you say and you can't accept what God said?

Yes, they are still married but does not mean that she is the one God gave you because she is not a prudent husband? because that is what God said why do you not want to accept the prudent wife is given by God so those who are not given by God are not prudent wife

right? xP

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Yes, they are still married but does not mean that she is the one God gave you because she is not a prudent husband? because that is what God said why do you not want to accept the prudent wife is given by God so those who are not given by God are not prudent wife

right? xP
They are still married before God, however imperfect the behaviour of husband or wife may be.

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Regarding the prudent wife of the verse of your choice. What does prudent mean? For the verse does not use the words, 'good' or 'bad', as you have: but 'prudent'.
because it was written in my bible translation and my preacher also said it was good so I also said that it was good because the preacher I was listening to was a very good teacher who had come a long way and has debate all over the world so he knew what the right "word" was more than i so i just followed him

if you want judge him listen first to what he says and not who he is
just sharing a true church who preaches the bible

because you yourself know the scripture so you will not get lost if you listen

that's why i am sure he is one of those true teachers out there

Last edited by a moderator:

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
They are still married before God, however imperfect the behaviour of husband or wife may be.
yes yes you are right we are done with this topic about no matter what they are still married but I can't understand why you don't seem to accept

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

right? xP
In the OT the Book of Hosea God commands him to marry an adulteress.....why would God do that?
His marriage to Gomer (the adulteress) symbolized the kind of marriage Israel had with God. Israel was an adulterous nation....and on top of that Hosea had to buy her from her lover....again symbolizes the price God paid to redeem Israel/us.
God is a Sovereign God...His thoughts are far above ours...who could ever know them....and His ways are above ours....who can understand them?
Those who are born again can put on the mind of Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to change us from carnal thinkers to spiritual thinkers. This is how we come to have wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His hidden wisdom.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
In the OT the Book of Hosea God commands him to marry an adulteress.....why would God do that?
His marriage to Gomer (the adulteress) symbolized the kind of marriage Israel had with God. Israel was an adulterous nation....and on top of that Hosea had to buy her from her lover....again symbolizes the price God paid to redeem Israel/us.
God is a Sovereign God...His thoughts are far above ours...who could ever know them....and His ways are above ours....who can understand them?
Those who are born again can put on the mind of Christ and allow the Holy Spirit to change us from carnal thinkers to spiritual thinkers. This is how we come to have wisdom, knowledge and understanding of His hidden wisdom.
@Heart2Soul Hosea says something to the easy divorce, wife-swapping culture of a lot of North American professing evangelicals...

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Heart2Soul Hosea says something to the easy divorce, wife-swapping culture of a lot of North American professing evangelicals...
Everything in the OT that God spoke to His prophets pertained to Israel. So I am more inclined to believe that God used this marriage as a precursor to His plan of salvation.