Psalm13.:2

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Psalm 13:2
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and day after day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?

The person who wrote that didn't have Jesus. When we feel like that - and we all do from time to time - we have Jesus to turn to, we have the Holy Spirit, and we have the fruit of the Spirit - one of which is 'peace' and one 'joy'.

Scripture tells us to be anxious about nothing:

Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And goes on to tell us of the peace of mind God will grant us:

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So if anybody is feel the way of the psalmist in Psalm 13:2, let them give their concerns to God and ask for that peace. There is an old song called 'What a Friend we have in Jesus' which is very true.

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon

The person who wrote that didn't have Jesus. When we feel like that - and we all do from time to time - we have Jesus to turn to, we have the Holy Spirit, and we have the fruit of the Spirit - one of which is 'peace' and one 'joy'.

Scripture tells us to be anxious about nothing:

Philippians 4:6

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And goes on to tell us of the peace of mind God will grant us:

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

So if anybody is feel the way of the psalmist in Psalm 13:2, let them give their concerns to God and ask for that peace. There is an old song called 'What a Friend we have in Jesus' which is very true.
Amen. Most at time i have suicidal thoughts but one i realize myself. I do regret a lot. It is hard to go night after nights hungry and hopeless

• Sad
Reactions: Lambano

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Its like he is saying:
how long must I wrestle with my own traitorous mind?
and day after day have my emotions rule my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph like this over me?

But the same man was also later able to say this:
My soul is like a calm and weaned child within me. :)

(I have also had those thoughts that my life was too hard and with too little comfort and that it would be easier to no longer be alive.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Plavious and Pearl

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 13 was written for us by the Holy Spirit.

Every True Believer in Christ will struggle = in our minds, hearts, relationships, finances, health, family and with God.

That's right with God!!!

Jacob was the first mentioned who struggled with God.
Moses struggled with God and his brethren.
The Children of Israel struggled against Amalek ( a entire host of onslaught against us)
Job struggled with God
Jonah & Elijah struggled with God
David, the annointed King of Israel, perhaps struggled the most and yet this was for his and our benefit = the Psalms

The Holy Spirit invites us to call upon the LORD even when we struggle in our hearts with the LORD.

How does Psalm 13 end ???

But I have trusted in Your loving devotion;
my heart will rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for He has been good to me.

This is why we struggle = so that we can embrace the Victory thru Christ who never let's us go.

Now here is the Power of God = Read Isaiah 61:1-3

Cry out to the LORD Jesus Christ to Annoint you with His Holy Spirit = Acts chapters 1 &2 = 1 John 2:20-21

Last edited:

Plavious

Nov 29, 2022
Yde
Faith
Christian
Country
Cameroon
Psalm 13 was written for us by the Holy Spirit.

Every True Believer in Christ will struggle = in our minds, hearts, relationships, finances, health, family and with God.

That's right with God!!!

Jacob was the first mentioned who struggled with God.
Moses struggled with God and his brethren.
The Children of Israel struggled against Amalek ( a entire host of onslaught against us)
Job struggled with God
Jonah & Elijah struggled
David, the annointed King of Israel, perhaps struggled the most and yet this was for his and our benefit = the Psalms

The Holy Spirit invites us to call upon the LORD even when we struggle in our hearts with the LORD.

How does Psalm 13 end ???

But I have trusted in Your loving devotion;
my heart will rejoice in Your salvation.
I will sing to the LORD,
for He has been good to me.

This is why we struggle = so that we can embrace the Victory thru Christ who never let's us go.

Now here is the Power of God = Read Isaiah 61:1-3

Cry out to the LORD Jesus Christ to Annoint you with His Holy Spirit = Acts chapters 1 &2 = 1 John 2:20-21
Thank you

• Love
Reactions: David in NJ