Psychopath vs. Sociopath

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of the first things we were taught is that just about EVERYONE has some traits of just about any abnormality you can name. We were warned that one of the biggest mistakes we would be tempted to blunder into was going to be to think that we can perfectly and positively classify anyone as a _________________ .

I saw this! A woman I know got mixed up with a bad guy. After they broke up, someone made a comment about him being a narcissist, so she did a lot of research on narcissism, psychopathy and sociopathy. She had me constantly reading things she had printed from the internet and read things to me a lot. I saw that she herself exhibited a large amount of these behaviors, so it got me thinking and I realized everyone displays some of them to varying degrees. I came to see it as a spectrum, from mild to severe, that all people fall on somewhere.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I saw this! A woman I know got mixed up with a bad guy. After they broke up, someone made a comment about him being a narcissist, so she did a lot of research on narcissism, psychopathy and sociopathy. She had me constantly reading things she had printed from the internet and read things to me a lot. I saw that she herself exhibited a large amount of these behaviors, so it got me thinking and I realized everyone displays some of them to varying degrees. I came to see it as a spectrum, from mild to severe, that all people fall on somewhere.
Yep, I think it is a matter of which we have the most of, and which we have the least of. And KNOWING we have the ability to alter BOTH..... if we choose to.

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recognized some of those traits in myself years ago when I first read about narcissists. Honestly, until I learned to yield to God and starting trying more to walk in the Spirit I couldn’t begin to combat the disease. And it is a sickness. Looking back I can’t hardly recognize who I was then. Gladly so. But even years later I find myself thinking of a conversation days ago where I displayed symptoms of the old man and am ashamed. Horrible sickness!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I recognized some of those traits in myself years ago when I first read about narcissists. Honestly, until I learned to yield to God and starting trying more to walk in the Spirit I couldn’t begin to combat the disease. And it is a sickness. Looking back I can’t hardly recognize who I was then. Gladly so. But even years later I find myself thinking of a conversation days ago where I displayed symptoms of the old man and am ashamed. Horrible sickness!

Yes, we can only go so far in choosing to put our flesh under and rule over it, because it will eventually pop back up to torment ourselves and others at times. And it does make us feel awful, which is a yearning for righteousness in our inner man (or maybe its a yearning for true holiness). But it accomplishes us going to God and saying, oh my gosh, have mercy on me a sinner, and in being honest and in turning to God in hope and trust, amazingly, that pleases Him. I say amazingly because...we want to not sin, He knows we cant maintain that always, and He's looking for us to see and admit it too and look to Him, putting no hope in our strength or ability.

We can learn some control outwardly, and we should be mannered in this way, but since He has graced us with the sight to see ourselves more clearly, we don't see this as more than what it is, because we see the motions of our heart even if we can be mannered enough to hold them under a lot of the time.

He's clearly training us to completely and finally put no hope in ourselves.

Reactions: marks and Pisteuo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But 1 peter 5:10 is, I think, what we are being trained and prepared for, and it's great hope in this struggle with sin and yearning for true righteousness.

In his kindness God called you to share in his eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, he will restore, support, and strengthen you, and he will place you on a firm foundation.

Reactions: marks

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm so sorry. It does get to the point where you become suspicious of people even when they are being legit. You got taken for more than I. She got about all told, 400 bucks from me. So the one that stole from you, not to mention the pain and suffering and the stress of being mad at yourself for allowing people like this into your life, at least got convicted. I will guess you never recovered the money either. God say's "Trust no man"...and boy is He right (as usual, of course).

My greatest strength is being giving and merciful. It is also my greatest failure. I'm totally gullible. Sometimes I think I've got a target on my back.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My greatest strength is being giving and merciful. It is also my greatest failure. I'm totally gullible. Sometimes I think I've got a target on my back.
Oh you mean like the sign I have that says USE ME? Or, more like KICK ME...lol...I suppose as long as we are aware of these things...we can work on them ..

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I just tried to in box you Pisteuo, won't let me...you must have it set up that way?

Reactions: Pisteuo

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just tried to in box you Pisteuo, won't let me...you must have it set up that way?
Not sure. I used to inbox bbyrd, pia and a couple others. I’ll figure it out.

I sent you one back......maybe

edit again..messages were off. Not sure how that happened.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is inbox?
Should show up on your profile page. Shows incoming messages. Mine say “start conversation” rather than “send message”. You have the ability to toggle messages on/off I believe. Although as far as I know I have never turned mine off.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure. I used to inbox bbyrd, pia and a couple others. I’ll figure it out.

I sent you one back......maybe

edit again..messages were off. Not sure how that happened.
Just replied to your inbox so, all seems good now :)

Reactions: Pisteuo

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
PSYCHOPATH VS. SOCIOPATH
The difference is only a matter of degree. Pathology implies sickness or disease, yet all the mental hospitals have been shut down, so now the psychopaths and sociopaths roam the streets committing murder and mayhem at will, or displaying anti-social behavior (The Antifa thugs are actually Fascists).

Furthermore Western politicians and judges (by and large) have decided to let almost all criminals loose, even after they have been convicted. Which shows that the politicians of the Western world should have all been locked up in mental hospitals, along with the other patients.

The mass shootings which have been perpetrated for many years have all been traced back to mentally ill people. But the Muslim Jihadists are also essentially psychopaths. So are the leaders of many countries today, whether it is Putin, Erdogan, or Assad.

The only remedy for those with mental illnesses (which may well be connected with demon-possession) is conversion to Christ. That is the only way that men can be restored to "A right mind".

MARK 5: A LEGION OF EVIL SPIRITS CAST OUT
1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3 Who had
his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any
man tame him.
5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus,
thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man,
thou unclean spirit.
9 And he asked him, What
is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand) and were choked in the sea.
14 And they that fed the swine fled, and told
it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
16 And they that saw
it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
17 And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all
men did marvel.

Reactions: Dallasroppel777

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference is only a matter of degree. Pathology implies sickness or disease, yet all the mental hospitals have been shut down, so now the psychopaths and sociopaths roam the streets committing murder and mayhem at will, or displaying anti-social behavior (The Antifa thugs are actually Fascists).

Furthermore Western politicians and judges (by and large) have decided to let almost all criminals loose, even after they have been convicted. Which shows that the politicians of the Western world should have all been locked up in mental hospitals, along with the other patients.

The mass shootings which have been perpetrated for many years have all been traced back to mentally ill people. But the Muslim Jihadists are also essentially psychopaths. So are the leaders of many countries today, whether it is Putin, Erdogan, or Assad.

The only remedy for those with mental illnesses (which may well be connected with demon-possession) is conversion to Christ. That is the only way that men can be restored to "A right mind".

MARK 5: A LEGION OF EVIL SPIRITS CAST OUT
1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3 Who had
his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any
man tame him.
5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus,
thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man,
thou unclean spirit.
9 And he asked him, What
is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand) and were choked in the sea.
14 And they that fed the swine fled, and told
it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
16 And they that saw
it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
17 And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.
20 And he departed, and began to publish in Decapolis how great things Jesus had done for him: and all
men did marvel.

Why do most criminals of murder get, like, 11 appeals? Some are on death row for decades! In the 1800's in London there was only three weeks from trial to hanging. In Russia in the mid 1900's they went from trial to the death chamber.

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do most criminals of murder get, like, 11 appeals?
Because no one has bothered to carefully examine the entire criminal justice system and fix it. There needs to be a wholesale review of all the laws, and the punishment must fit the crime. Why do people with a couple of grams of coke (or whatever) get thrown into prison, while the really big fish like the Clintons and the Bidens walk around free from prosecution?

Also, illegal entry into any country has always been a crime. Yet today hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) of illegals are walking around America demanding welfare, and all the amenities which they claim to deserve.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because no one has bothered to carefully examine the entire criminal justice system and fix it. There needs to be a wholesale review of all the laws, and the punishment must fit the crime. Why do people with a couple of grams of coke (or whatever) get thrown into prison, while the really big fish like the Clintons and the Bidens walk around free from prosecution?

Also, illegal entry into any country has always been a crime. Yet today hundreds of thousands (possibly millions) of illegals are walking around America demanding welfare, and all the amenities which they claim to deserve.

I agree. And of the two parties, I know which to blame.

Dallasroppel777

Feb 4, 2020
North Dakota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought the same thing and looked up the brain scans of psychopaths. Wow, great difference between the normal brain and that of the psychopath. They must be born that way. I wonder if there will ever be a time when babies are given brain scans to see which are normal. Sort of a heads up. The psychopaths could have special training.

As far as God accepting them in the same way, I don't know. God knows the reason why these brains are formed in this way. Does science? If it is the sins of the fathers being passed down to the third and fourth generations, I doubt God will accept them. That is how psychic children are born with 'abilities.' An ancestor opened the door to the occult. God had them stoned to death in the Old Testament.
If you are born with these abilities do you think even if you have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior you will be excluded from heaven? Even if you have never dabbled in the occult or done anything but worship God? Even if you didnt want them or ask for them?

Last edited:

Dallasroppel777

Feb 4, 2020
North Dakota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you are born with these abilities do you think even if you have accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as your savior you will be excluded from heaven? Even if you have never dabbled in the occult or done anything but worship God? Even if you didnt want them or ask for them?
Why do most criminals of murder get, like, 11 appeals? Some are on death row for decades! In the 1800's in London there was only three weeks from trial to hanging. In Russia in the mid 1900's they went from trial to the death chamber.
I think the innocence projects throughout the country have pretty much self explained your question not trying to come off condescending but there are these people out there called “dirty cops” that have fabricated evidence to make a case and thousands of innocent people have been convicted in a system that primarily depends on conviction rates rather than truth. Privatization of prisons has broken our system in a lot of states. It’s a sad thing when justice is determined by presentation rather than actuality. That being said if it’s death penalty case this day in age it’s a pretty lock solid situation but that wasn’t the case in the 70s 80s and 90s. I have always looked at judgement in this frame of mind... The Devil is the prosecutor, Jesus is our defense attorney and God of course being the judge. It helps me keep a Christian attitude towards criminals because in a sense it is the essence of what we believe in. It also helps remind me that a major portion of The New Testament was written in prison through a man that at one point in time was the Adolf Hitler of his era. Also I would like to add I didn’t mean to come off like the typical American thinking everything revolves around the USA and disregard anyone on here from another place it’s just that is the only place I know so that’s all I can speak of.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the innocence projects throughout the country have pretty much self explained your question not trying to come off condescending but there are these people out there called “dirty cops” that have fabricated evidence to make a case and thousands of innocent people have been convicted in a system that primarily depends on conviction rates rather than truth. Privatization of prisons has broken our system in a lot of states. It’s a sad thing when justice is determined by presentation rather than actuality. That being said if it’s death penalty case this day in age it’s a pretty lock solid situation but that wasn’t the case in the 70s 80s and 90s. I have always looked at judgement in this frame of mind... The Devil is the prosecutor, Jesus is our defense attorney and God of course being the judge. It helps me keep a Christian attitude towards criminals because in a sense it is the essence of what we believe in. It also helps remind me that a major portion of The New Testament was written in prison through a man that at one point in time was the Adolf Hitler of his era. Also I would like to add I didn’t mean to come off like the typical American thinking everything revolves around the USA and disregard anyone on here from another place it’s just that is the only place I know so that’s all I can speak of.

Good points,
It seems that this country wants to privatize EVERYTHING...follow the money :(