Putting on Christ is living like Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I fail to see a benefit of referring to following Christ as...putting on Christ.
The point is simple: the doctrine of putting on Christ in the Bible, must refer to putting out His outer righteousness of faith, and not just being imparted His righteousness inwardly alone.

It's a rebuke to them that have not repented of sinning, and yet claim to be only 'clothed' in God's righteousness inwardly through their own faith alone.

It confirms the Bible teaching that only them doing God's righteousness are righteous as He. (1 John 3)

I do not think it is a Holy way to refer to Christ and is mixing a secular slang with The ....Most High Righteous One. I am not convinced that it is a proper reference. He is not a coat or a pair of trousers.
That's your carnal mind at work. If you were to read the Bible properly, you would understand Paul speaks of putting on the outer clothing of Christ's righteousness, not His discarded cloak at the cross.

What have you earned for Christ by using that reference of our Lord and Savior?
Talk to Paul about it. I don't think he'd be impressed by your so-called 'righteous indignation' either. I'm certainly not.