Putting on Christ is living like Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very true.
There is a putting off & a putting on, few are willing to be regenerated into a new man by putting off the old man.

Ephesians 4:22-24 KJV
that ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; and be renewed in the spirit of your mind; and that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Jesus said this,
Mark 2: 21-
No man also seweth a piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse.

To many this day want to wear the shiny armour of righteousness without laying down their old self at the cross, taking up their own cross and following Jesus!
Thats right sister , POINT TO CHRIST JESUS till the last breath .

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The first step to sidestep something, is to talk about something else.
You are beginning to sound like a troll. An agitator at the very least.

Only repentance. The only one mentioning baptism by water is you.
Apparently, you ignored post #2.

To Christians not yet saved, by not yet repenting of sinning from works of darkness, and not yet putting on Christ walking in the light.

Believers bypassing repenting of sinning, are hearers only that have yet to obey the first principle of the doctrine of Christ.

They are not putting on the outward righteousness of Christ by doing it, but only talking about it through their faith alone.
The heretical doctrine of sinless perfection remains your achilles heel. (1 John 1:8) Believers do not bypass repentance (Acts 20:21) and repentance is a change of mind and does not mean sinless perfection.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

In regard to walking in the light, in 1 John 1:6, we read - If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. Walking in darkness is 'descriptive' of children of the devil. Walking in the light is 'descriptive' of children of God. Only those who are saved/believers are in the light.

Acts 26:18 - to open their eyes, in order to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are sanctified by faith in Me.

2 Corinthians 6:14 - Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

Ephesians 5:8 - for you were formerly darkness, but now you are Light in the Lord; walk as children of Light. Children of the devil walk in darkness, not in the light. Children of God walk in the light, not in darkness. IF confirms these positions in verses 6 and 7. It's one or the other.

In 1 John 2:9, we read - He who says he is in the light, and hates his brother, is in darkness until now. In verse 11 - But he who hates his brother is in darkness and walks in darkness, and does not know where he is going, because the darkness has blinded his eyes.

*Compare with 1 John 3:10 - In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, (compare with 1 John 1:6 - does not practice the truth) nor is he who does not love his brother.

*Notice that "walks in darkness" and "hates his brother" is associated with "children of the devil" and not children of God.

Your human reasoning is not the doctrine of Christ. No soldier of Christ is ever without His necessary armor for doing His righteousness.
Straw man argument.

The word game of being vs becoming, is what Paul calls vain striving about words. There is no being a son of God without first becoming a son of God. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 1:12 - But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
Galatians 3:26 - For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Plain and simple. No word games.

Your game with words, is simply to teach first being righteous by faith alone, without becoming righteous like Jesus, by doing His righteousness.
It's your word games that ignore how we become righteous (believe in His name/faith in Christ Jesus) which is a result of embracing sinless perfection and salvation by works. Again, this remains your achilles heel.

In Christ, there is no being a soldier of His without becoming one by repenting of sinning and putting on His righteous armor to say repented.

All you are attempting here by word games, is to slip in already being a solder by faith alone, before the necessary duty of becoming a soldier putting on Christ's outward righteousness by doing it.

No man is clothed in white with Christ inwardly, while also clothed in darkness with the devil outwardly.

Men can be soldiers off duty without their uniform on. Not soldiers of Jesus Christ, where there is no unclothed naked off duty sinning that you preach.

If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.

Being clothed and and becoming clothed is the same thing in doing the righteousness of God. No son of God is ever found naked as sinners doing unrighteousness.

In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever is doing unrighteousness is not of God.
More word games and confusion which is the result of you embracing the heretical doctrine of sinless perfection. Until you get past this self-righteous nonsense, I can't help you any further. If we say that we have no sin, (present tense) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, (past tense) we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No problem. You have no fault with what is taught. You just don't believe it. Which is not uncommon among some Christians, that do not repent and believe from the heart unto the righteousness of Christ.

Like you, they also idolize the man Jesus, and make His life just an ideal to worship, but never can do.

I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

I believe to do the gospel that Paul preached, where we can repent of sinning, and be made all new and of God. And so we can now do all things both small and large through Christ.

True, and them with the Lamb are likewise without blemish nor spot like Him, inwardly and outwardly.

Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world.

That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:

Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.

Of course you don't. Which is perfectly fine for you, until you start judging everyone else to be like you.

You are not an example for me, and certainly not the example for all Christians to follow.

And it's true, that it is entirely unrealistic for unrepented sinners such as yourself to not sin daily. It's the same for all unrepented men, whether Christian, Jew, or Buddhist, etc...

That's why we need to repent of sinning, and receive the spotless Lamb and Christ of God, to be born as He, and walk as He.

As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

The Christ idol preached, whose life is only an unlived ideal, is not from the good news gospel of the Bible.

Of course there is among unrepented sinning Christians. You promote a Christian gospel and religion of only seeking to sin less, but not to cease sinning like Jesus.

By your own unrepentance and unbelief, you make it impossible for God to make you newborn pure and blameless in life, even as the babe and child Jesus.

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

You preach still being born of your own will, so that you continue sinning before, during, and after your conversion to Christian religion.

I'm sure you have a great Christianity for yourself, but it's just not the pure religion of Jesus Christ in the Bible.
I've known religions that preach the things you are preaching. And while yes we should obey the commandment, we will not live perfect like Jesus. The apostles lived closest to him and gave all their possession to the poor and lived in a church described in the bible as everyone having what he needed and living in common. It was a communion.

And the religions that think they are not sinners are usually self righteous and judgmental. I don't really have anything to do with them. You should do more study on what Jesus expects from us to be perfect. It is quite strict and I don't know of anyone these days that lives that way. Nor do I know of any church that teaches it correctly.

Last edited:
Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked.
Perfected does not mean sinless perfection but bring to maturity. Believers abide by remaining in Him. The one who says he remains in him should walk just as he walked. We absolutely should. Jesus walked in truth and in love and that should be the goal of every believer.

You mean am I a doer of Jesus word, and obey His gospel?

Yes. Absolutely, 100% of the time today I have and am still walking with Jesus hand in hand as He walked. I have not had any time this day sinning as you with the devil.
That is a lot of "I". You seem very SELF focused. Have you obeyed the gospel by choosing to believe the gospel (Romans 10:16) by trusting in the death, burial and resurrection of Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of your salvation? (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) All I hear you talk about is your performance/works/sinlessness -- which is really what you are trusting in for salvation and not in Christ alone.

It's promised to any man that repents of sinning, and believes from the heart with Jesus' faith to do His righteousness, even as He is righteous.
So according to your gospel you can only be saved if you completely stop sinning 100% of the time? You seem to be under the delusion that you have accomplished this.

No apologies from me. Since this offends you, it's your unrepentance and your sinning gospel that's the problem, not me and my gospel.
I make no apologies for preaching the true gospel (Romans 1:16; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4) and rejecting your self-righteous, heretical gospel. (Galatians 1:6-9) 1 Corinthians 1:18-20 - For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent. Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world? For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

I already know your answer. You not only claim to, but you do live a sinful, with fault and defect, flawed, absolutely imperfect life 100% of the time, exactly not as Jesus Christ lived. I believe your own testimony, that you do obey your own gospel of sinning before, during, and after your unclean conversion to Christian religion.
You are a false accuser of the brethren, and your true colors are obvious for all to see. You have a serious issue with pride and self-righteousness. I pray that the Lord will humble your heart and open your eyes to the truth. I will be praying for you.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Trying to imitate Christ, is to be an ACTOR.
Oh Lord. You kidding me? This is all you've got now? Reduced to silly cheap shots. Seriously? You think this is grown up stuff? And you say you've been in the 'ministry' how long? I mean, just growing up to be an adult would forbid this kind of childishness. And you're doing it with the Bible and doctrine of Jesus Christ no less.

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

But, in any case, since you're neither being like Him nor imitating Him in the least, by willfully sinning for life, then what's the difference with you?

God is not creating ACTORS, He's birthing Spiritual Sons/Daughters.

True. Sons and daughters born of God like Jesus, and by birth conformed to live like Jesus.

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Seriously, I know you've run out of arguments, and you're desperately trying to hold on and bring in something new. But, I'll not be entertaining silly head games anymore. How old are you, really?

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I've known religions that preach the things you are preaching. And while yes we should obey the commandment, we will not live perfect like Jesus.
True. You've heard this gospel before and reject it, and opt for continued sinning in life, from cradle to grave.

We already know this.

The apostles lived closest to him and gave all their possession to the poor and lived in a church described in the bible as everyone having what he needed and living in common. It was a communion.
It was a communism, that didn't work. Nowhere did Jesus tell all His disciples to always immediately sell what they have, give to the poor, and set out int he world seeking full time ministry. The results of the Apostles' well-meaning intention, was Paul having to gather a collection for the 'poor saints' in Jerusalem.

Also, they didn't give it to the poor, but managed a treasury for all confessing believers. It immediately led to graft and squabbles about feeding tables. One thing it does is prove even with the best people and best of intentions, communism is not of God in this life. The Mayflower pilgrims relearned that lesson soon enough.

Eventually, Christ had Paul make it clear that we are to provide for our own households, and work honestly for our own bread, and if not, then it was as denying the faith of God.

And besides, this has nothing to do with still sinning in life. People can do all manner of selfless good deeds, and still be sinning elsewhere. And the Bible teaches that without a purified heart of Christ, all such good deeds are still filthy rags to God. (1 Cor 13:1-3)

Your Christian gospel of only partial repentance of sinning, where you are still sinning before, during, and after your religious conversion, you're filthy rags of good deeds before, during, and after, are still just as filthy as before by continued lusting of heart and uncleanness of spirit.

Look, I get it. You believe and live by the Christians sinners religion. No problem. I'm sure you've made a reasonably good life for yourself and quite neighborly, etc... It's just not the wholeheartedly pure life of Christ living through us daily.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

I believe these words of Jesus from the heart to do them. You don't. Simple enough.

But, that doesn't mean you have to bring up unrelated side issues to justify yourself. Just own it and be honest about your choice to live a sinning Christian religion instead.

And the religions that think they are not sinners are usually self righteous and judgmental.
Great. Now you have to go and nose dive into judging all the righteous as hypocrites. First you claim your own unrighteousness. Then you judge everyone as being just as sinful as you. And finally you move straight to condemning them that say no to you.

It's the basic flow-chart default moves of most of them that live and also teach your unrighteous Christian religion. If you hadn't done so and moved into accusations about others, that you even admit you know nothing about, then we could have continued as disagreeing neighborly adults.

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Stop accusing Jesus' righteous brethren to God. He's not listening to you. Nor the one doing so before you were ever around.

I don't really have anything to do with them.
Well, duh. You've made it plain you have nothing to do with the righteous brethren of Jesus, doing righteousness with Jesus at all times. I could quote the verses about living and walking like Jesus daily, but as you admit, you've already disbelieved such things.

However, you do preach a textbook definition of hypocritical religion. You separate what you believe saves and justifies you with God, from how you actually live. And the Book you are supposed to be going by, plainly commands to live another way than you are living. You even say it's unrealistic and not possible. So the question is, why not read another book of religion you can and are willing to do?

As I've said many times, some readers of the Bible think it's only a 'inspiring' book about lofty goals and idealistic living, but not something we can actually do and live for ourselves. There is where the Bible and Jesus' life as a man on earth is idolized, but not walked. It's worshipped as an ideal, but not believed as a reality in this life for ourselves.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

You should do more study on what Jesus expects from us to be perfect.
I'm the one doing it. You're the one rejecting it. What's your point? You want me to reread them, until I understand like you, how He really doesn't mean it? How unrealistic He knows He's being?

No thanks. I read the Bible and believe all the words in it, not just the ones that I want to agree with.

It is quite strict and I don't know of anyone these days that lives that way.
By choice. You stick with your likeminded sinning Christians. You don't want to find any righteous. You've already judged them all as hypocrites.

Nor do I know of any church that teaches it correctly.
Really? And you do? And so you further condemn yourself, by claiming to know what is the correct teaching of perfect Christian conversion and living, and yet don't do it. And you further proclaim your own unbelief of heart for the Bible pure conversion and life of Jesus' brethren, by saying it's unrealistic and impossible to do today.

And yet, I also have taught it correctly by the verses I give. You're not the only one that knows the correct one. You confirm mine is as 'correct' as yours, since you don't have any correction for it. All you have is unbelief in it. And you know exactly what it is you reject from the Bible.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Oh Lord. You kidding me?

I didnt kid you. I merely pointed out that there are a lot of People on forums who "play a game of religion" disguised as Christianity.
I never do that.
I just teach Pauline Theology and some hear it and some hate it., and others have no idea.

But, in any case, since you're neither being like Him nor imitating Him in the least, by willfully sinning for life, then what's the difference with you?

My sin is Christ's Sacrifice on the Christ, so, its resolved 2000 yrs ago.

Its Right here... "God hath made Jesus to be SIN for us".

True. Sons and daughters born of God like Jesus, and by birth conformed to live like Jesus.

Do you know "christians" outside of the church walls?
If you know any, then you'll recognize that many are not "living like Jesus"., and...... the "conformed into the Image of Christ" is "pre-destined" to occur after you die, or after you are Raptured. (Regarding a born again person) .

Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Exactly.
And when you find people doing Penance, and Confessing sin, then they do not understand that (if they are born again) they are a "new Creature". "made Righteous", having become "one with God"".

Yes, Walk ye "IN HIM">.. is not the same as Trying to imitate him, or pretending to be like Him.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting on Christ and being clothed with Christ and putting on His breastplate of righteousness, are all outward garments. We put on Christ by doing His righteousness and walking as He walked. In this manner of holy living, we can surely guard our hearts and inward parts from the fiery darts of the devil.

If we are not doing the will of God outwardly, then we are not believing nor doing His will inwardly, and our soul and spirit is not defended against the lust and corruption and shame of the world.

Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

The Bible only teaches having faith with works, and not inwardly only. By doing the faith of Jesus outwardly, we can be more sure of keeping hearts are established in Christ, and our minds remain sound in His faith.
Well as you are sinlessly perfect now as you claim, you have no more need of teaching us mere believers who are gorwin g in grace and knowledge of Jesus. You have already reached perfection so there is no more need for you to grow anymore!

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True. You've heard this gospel before and reject it, and opt for continued sinning in life, from cradle to grave.

We already know this.

It was a communism, that didn't work. Nowhere did Jesus tell all His disciples to always immediately sell what they have, give to the poor, and set out int he world seeking full time ministry. The results of the Apostles' well-meaning intention, was Paul having to gather a collection for the 'poor saints' in Jerusalem.

Also, they didn't give it to the poor, but managed a treasury for all confessing believers. It immediately led to graft and squabbles about feeding tables. One thing it does is prove even with the best people and best of intentions, communism is not of God in this life. The Mayflower pilgrims relearned that lesson soon enough.

Eventually, Christ had Paul make it clear that we are to provide for our own households, and work honestly for our own bread, and if not, then it was as denying the faith of God.

And besides, this has nothing to do with still sinning in life. People can do all manner of selfless good deeds, and still be sinning elsewhere. And the Bible teaches that without a purified heart of Christ, all such good deeds are still filthy rags to God. (1 Cor 13:1-3)

Your Christian gospel of only partial repentance of sinning, where you are still sinning before, during, and after your religious conversion, you're filthy rags of good deeds before, during, and after, are still just as filthy as before by continued lusting of heart and uncleanness of spirit.

Look, I get it. You believe and live by the Christians sinners religion. No problem. I'm sure you've made a reasonably good life for yourself and quite neighborly, etc... It's just not the wholeheartedly pure life of Christ living through us daily.

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

As obedient children, not fashioning yourselves according to the former lusts in your ignorance:

But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.

I believe these words of Jesus from the heart to do them. You don't. Simple enough.

But, that doesn't mean you have to bring up unrelated side issues to justify yourself. Just own it and be honest about your choice to live a sinning Christian religion instead.

Great. Now you have to go and nose dive into judging all the righteous as hypocrites. First you claim your own unrighteousness. Then you judge everyone as being just as sinful as you. And finally you move straight to condemning them that say no to you.

It's the basic flow-chart default moves of most of them that live and also teach your unrighteous Christian religion. If you hadn't done so and moved into accusations about others, that you even admit you know nothing about, then we could have continued as disagreeing neighborly adults.

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.

Stop accusing Jesus' righteous brethren to God. He's not listening to you. Nor the one doing so before you were ever around.

Well, duh. You've made it plain you have nothing to do with the righteous brethren of Jesus, doing righteousness with Jesus at all times. I could quote the verses about living and walking like Jesus daily, but as you admit, you've already disbelieved such things.

However, you do preach a textbook definition of hypocritical religion. You separate what you believe saves and justifies you with God, from how you actually live. And the Book you are supposed to be going by, plainly commands to live another way than you are living. You even say it's unrealistic and not possible. So the question is, why not read another book of religion you can and are willing to do?

As I've said many times, some readers of the Bible think it's only a 'inspiring' book about lofty goals and idealistic living, but not something we can actually do and live for ourselves. There is where the Bible and Jesus' life as a man on earth is idolized, but not walked. It's worshipped as an ideal, but not believed as a reality in this life for ourselves.

And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?

I'm the one doing it. You're the one rejecting it. What's your point? You want me to reread them, until I understand like you, how He really doesn't mean it? How unrealistic He knows He's being?

No thanks. I read the Bible and believe all the words in it, not just the ones that I want to agree with.

By choice. You stick with your likeminded sinning Christians. You don't want to find any righteous. You've already judged them all as hypocrites.

Really? And you do? And so you further condemn yourself, by claiming to know what is the correct teaching of perfect Christian conversion and living, and yet don't do it. And you further proclaim your own unbelief of heart for the Bible pure conversion and life of Jesus' brethren, by saying it's unrealistic and impossible to do today.

And yet, I also have taught it correctly by the verses I give. You're not the only one that knows the correct one. You confirm mine is as 'correct' as yours, since you don't have any correction for it. All you have is unbelief in it. And you know exactly what it is you reject from the Bible.

Sadly, you stated, "True. You've heard this gospel before and reject it, and opt for continued sinning in life, from cradle to grave.

We already know this."

Wow! - I was stunned when I read your comments! What an arrogant and judgmental spirit is on full display now! What gives you the right to set yourself up as judge and jury concerning dev553344's life????? You likely haven't even met him the guy once in person ... correct? Do you claim to be omniscient? ... and if not, just how do you know what type of lifestyle that he has been living?? ... just wow.

He has clearly stated that we should obey the commandments ... and yet you say that he opts for a "continued sinning in life". Can you not understand that you are totally embarrassing yourself at this point? .... displaying Zero fruits of the Holy Spirit. Unfortunately, there are many other "OSAS haters" out there that also feel the need to resort to these types of personal attacks. Do you not realize that God Himself actually reads every single one of our comments and we will all stand accountable for every single word that we have typed??

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
I've known religions that preach the things you are preaching. And while yes we should obey the commandment, we will not live perfect like Jesus.
That would be 'we' not believing that gospel, and so not having anything to do with it.

That does not include 'me'.

I reject your gospel of only 'should' keep the commandments of the Lord, in favor of the gospel of keeping the commandments of the Lord.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Your gospel of only 'should' obey God, is of course a result of saved only beleiving but not obeying.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be 'we' not believing that gospel, and so not having anything to do with it.

That does not include 'me'.

I reject your gospel of only 'should' keep the commandments of the Lord, in favor of the gospel of keeping the commandments of the Lord.

Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.

Your gospel of only 'should' obey God, is of course a result of saved only beleiving but not obeying.
What nonsense. There is no difference between "should" and "do". You apparently need to study the English language more.

My problem isn't with people obeying the commandments. I encourage it. But saying your a sinner is confessing your faults. That everyone is a sinner. There are plenty of scriptures that support this view. The Catholic church also teaches daily repentance and confession. We sin in many ways, not just the big ones.

But I already explained that to you, so I'm not sure why you posted another response attacking me as a sinner.

There is a huge difference in a person confessing their sins, and someone calling them a sinner for it. It really shows that the person that is making the accusations is in serious danger of the judgments of God.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Wow! - I was stunned when I read your comments!
Wow!

What an arrogant and judgmental spirit is on full display now!
Wowee!

(I really wouldn't use the word 'judgmental'. I mean, liberals have co-opted it. It's made by people that hate any kind of righteous judgment. Which of course includes God the Father, you judges everyone according to our works, without respect of persons.)
What gives you the right to set yourself up as judge and jury concerning dev553344's life?????
You mean if someone tells me they are still a sinner, still sinning in life, I'm not supposed to believe them? What, we can't take sinners at their word?

And what of Christians that refuse to believe the testimony of other Christians? What of Christians that say they are not sinning like the rest? I have yet to hear from any Christian claiming to still be sinning, that did not also judge the lives of all Christians to still be sinning as themselves.

Would that include you? I am not a Christian sinner, that is still sinning with the devil today, nor yesterday. I can speak for tomorrow, because it has yet to come.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

What say you? Are going going to accept my testimony? Or are you going to judge my life as that of a sinner too?

You likely haven't even met him the guy once in person ... correct? Do you claim to be omniscient? ... and if not, just how do you know what type of lifestyle that he has been living?? ... just wow.
Just really wow. If you don't want to believe someone's own testimony. Then I say just really really wow to you.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
He has clearly stated that we should obey the commandments ..

I am quite familiar with the Christian gospel of only 'should' obey the commandments. It is always followed up with, but 'we' don't always do it. Which is why, I refer to them and their gospel as that of Christians who know what they ought be doing, but are not doing it.

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.

Which in itself is not really uncommon, and I've been there and done that too in the past as a disobedient Christian. However, the reason I am not now today such a double hearted Christian, is that I never swallowed the Christian sinners gospel of being saved and justified, while disobeying God and transgressing His commandment with the devil.

Like Paul in Romans 7, I knew I was wrong and wretched and sought deliverance from it. I did not seek another gospel justifying me in it for life.

I wholeheartedly reject the Christian gospel of being saved and justified while double hearted for life.

The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and sin.

. and yet you say that he opts for a "continued sinning in life".
Well, the Bible does say we choose whom we will serve, God or sin. If a Christian says they are still sinning in life, then the Bible says that's by choice.

I am also familiar with the Christian doctrine of having no free will to choose whether to sin or not. I reject it also, as just a tenant to justify continued sinning in life.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
Unfortunately, there are many other "OSAS haters"
Ahh. OSAS haters. So, you do preach and practice and confess continued sinning in life as a Christian convert. This isn't about someone else at all, is it. It's all about you getting personally offended for being called what you yourself call yourself. A Christian sinner. A sinful Christian. Do you deny you are still sinning and sinful? Is there ever a time when you are not sinning and sinless?

Well?

And also, do you judge all Christians' lives and say that all Christians are indeed still sinning in life? Do you also reject any Christian's testimony that they are not still sinning in life?

Well?

out there that also feel the need to resort to these types of personal attacks.
Personal attack? How? By agreeing with a Christian's testimony of still being a sinner?

Or do you consider it a personal attack to have your OSAS gospel rejected? Is that what you mean?

I don't hate any Christian nor neighbor, whether they are sinning or not. I only hate Christian doctrines and gospels, that are not that of Jesus Christ of the Bible. And the hatred is not persona, but only doctrinal as a matter of choosing one over another. In the Bible we can hate something by rejecting the offer, whithout hating the one offering it. That's where Jesus says to just let them alone, and let the blind follow the blind into the ditch.

I am well able to hate someone's doctrine, without hating the teacher. However, some Christians like you aren't able to do that and keep it professional. You nose-dive into personal attacks the moment any Christian dares to reject your OSAS gospel.

And I'll offer judgement why: Because you trust in your doctrine to justify yourself while still sinning. And so anyone not agreeing with you, is a direct threat to your sinning conscience.

I'm not like that. I don't need everyone to agree with the gospel I preach. Especially since it won't matter in the end, when the Father does judge each and every one of us according to our works, and not by our beliefs and doctrines alone.

That's why I don't get upset by Christians not believing my gospel, nor care less if they get all righteously indignant when I don't agree with yours. I say believe and let believe, as well as live and let live.

Do you not realize that God Himself actually reads every single one of our comments and we will all stand accountable for every single word that we have typed??
Oh yes. Absolutely. And if anyone does actually correct any point I make, then I'll love them for it, and change my tune. It's happened before, and I hope so again.

However, most of the time, unfortunately, most Christians are more like you with your railing indignation and accusations, that have no basis in reality, and offer nothing toward correction.

I mean, do you really think by coming out here and telling my I'd better stop that!, or else!, has any effect on me? Seriously?

How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?

Forget it Eliphaz.

P.s. no Christian servant sinning with the devil at the appearing of the Lord, is rapture bound. (Matthew 24)

Rapture Bound

Jun 26, 2023
Massachusetts
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh. OSAS haters. So, you do preach and practice and confess continued sinning in life as a Christian convert. This isn't about someone else at all, is it. It's all about you getting personally offended for being called what you yourself call yourself. A Christian sinner. A sinful Christian. Do you deny you are still sinning and sinful? Is there ever a time when you are not sinning and sinless?

Well?

And also, do you judge all Christians' lives and say that all Christians are indeed still sinning in life? Do you also reject any Christian's testimony that they are not still sinning in life?

Well?

Personal attack? How? By agreeing with a Christian's testimony of still being a sinner?

Or do you consider it a personal attack to have your OSAS gospel rejected? Is that what you mean?

I don't hate any Christian nor neighbor, whether they are sinning or not. I only hate Christian doctrines and gospels, that are not that of Jesus Christ of the Bible. And the hatred is not persona, but only doctrinal as a matter of choosing one over another. In the Bible we can hate something by rejecting the offer, whithout hating the one offering it. That's where Jesus says to just let them alone, and let the blind follow the blind into the ditch.

I am well able to hate someone's doctrine, without hating the teacher. However, some Christians like you aren't able to do that and keep it professional. You nose-dive into personal attacks the moment any Christian dares to reject your OSAS gospel.

And I'll offer judgement why: Because you trust in your doctrine to justify yourself while still sinning. And so anyone not agreeing with you, is a direct threat to your sinning conscience.

I'm not like that. I don't need everyone to agree with the gospel I preach. Especially since it won't matter in the end, when the Father does judge each and every one of us according to our works, and not by our beliefs and doctrines alone.

That's why I don't get upset by Christians not believing my gospel, nor care less if they get all righteously indignant when I don't agree with yours. I say believe and let believe, as well as live and let live.

Oh yes. Absolutely. And if anyone does actually correct any point I make, then I'll love them for it, and change my tune. It's happened before, and I hope so again.

However, most of the time, unfortunately, most Christians are more like you with your railing indignation and accusations, that have no basis in reality, and offer nothing toward correction.

I mean, do you really think by coming out here and telling my I'd better stop that!, or else!, has any effect on me? Seriously?

How forcible are right words! but what doth your arguing reprove?

Forget it Eliphaz.

P.s. no Christian servant sinning with the devil at the appearing of the Lord, is rapture bound. (Matthew 24)

You said, "

I mean, do you really think by coming out here and telling my I'd better stop that!"

I never said to stop it ... 'have to it' by all means.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. Absolutely, 100% of the time today I have and am still walking with Jesus hand in hand as He walked. I have not had any time this day sinning as you with the devil.
The prideful, even arrogant, tone of your posts alone suggest otherwise. Not to mention the vitriol you spew toward them.
Just an observation.

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
What nonsense. There is no difference between "should" and "do".

You can ask the Bible and Webster who agree that should do is not doing. You can play with words all you wish. It still results in you still sinning against God.

I've shown you the verse of how the faithful keep His commandments and the faith of Jesus. You preach another gospel of 'should' keep His commandments.

My problem isn't with people obeying the commandments. I encourage it.
Sure. But you just don't always do it, in your should do it gospel.

But saying your a sinner is confessing your faults.
True. And unrepented sinners of your Christianity are always doing so, and will continue doing so to the grave. You reject the gospel of repenting and ceasing from sin. You teach against it.

Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children

This is not God talking about people who just can't cease from sinning by unrepentance, which is common in this world. This is a special condemnation from Christian teachers that teach against ceasing from sinning, and declare it impossible not to sin and please God always, and then go on and declare all Christians are and must be sinners like themselves.

Speak not evil one of another, brethren. He that speaketh evil of his brother, and judgeth his brother, speaketh evil of the law, and judgeth the law: but if thou judge the law, thou art not a doer of the law, but a judge. There is one lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy: who art thou that judgest another?

You don't put on the righteous life of Christ, but your own cloke and gospel for sinning. And not only that, but you insist every Christian wear it like you.

It's one thing to be a sinner and acknowledge it openly, but entirely another to preach it as gospel for life.

The gospel of the Bible, is that there is no sin in Christ, and there is no sin in them in Christ.

If sinners with their sin are in the Christ your preach, then your Christ has sin in him.

That everyone is a sinner.
So you are, and so you say, and so you judge. All such judgment ends in the grave, and then God the Father judges every man by his works, whether sinning unto death, or doing righteousness unto life.

There are plenty of scriptures that support this view.
There are plenty of rewritten Scriptures made to support your gospel of sinful, ungodly, and unrighteous sinners saved by their own faith alone.

But I already explained that to you,
I know. I get it perfectly the first time. You are very open and clear about your sinful Christianity. And I believe I have made myself perfectly clear about completely rejecting your gospel of saved sinners.

I don't have to be a sinner like you, and I'm not. You don't have to be a sinner like you, if you'd just obey Jesus and repent of sinning. And not just preach a gospel of should repent of sinning.

so I'm not sure why you posted another response attacking me as a sinner.

?? I 'm attacking you by agreeing with you??

If you don't want to be called an ungodly, unrighteous, sinner, then stop calling yourself one.

What? You can call yourself a sinner, but I can't call you one? And you also call me a sinner, and I've never called myself one.

Listen, I don't care one thing about your judgment nor your efforts to dominate the field. If you get so foolishly offended by your own words repeated back to you, then don't come to me.

There is a huge difference in a person confessing their sins, and someone calling them a sinner for it.
This is perfectly true in the Bible. We that repent of sinning and confess unto forgiveness and salvation, are no longer called by God sinners, but sons.

It really shows that the person that is making the accusations
Then stop accusing yourself of being a sinner. I'm not the one that wants you too. I'm the one preaching against it, and testifying how you can cease from being a sinner, but you reject it to remain a sinning sinner.

"I am a sinner". "Oh, so you're still a sinner." "Hey, what kind of crack is that, calling me a sinner!"

You're acting dysfunctional here.
is in serious danger of the judgments of God.

What? You're now preaching that God judges us by our works?

Aren't you the one preaching being forever saved and justified by our faith alone, without and apart from any works we may do?

How can any such Christian believer ever possibly then be in 'danger' of God's judgment by our works?

Your 'warning of danger' is made forever mute. It has as much validity as a puff of smoke wafting in the wind. Big whoop.

Last edited:

Ghada

Jul 13, 2023
Damascus
Faith
Christian
Country
Syrian Arab Republic
The prideful, even arrogant, tone of your posts alone suggest otherwise.
And they send unto him certain of the Pharisees and of the Herodians, to catch him in his words.

A witness is demanded of me, and I give it, and the result? Unbelief and blind accusations.

Calling people 'arrogant' is the go-to reaction of small souls.

And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him.

But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Just more of my arrogant brothers and saints.

Not to mention the vitriol you spew toward them.
And now, I repeat the witness of others to them, and I'm vitriolic.

The reason some people are so offended by repeating their own words back to them, is because I leave out the sugary spin they put on it.

That's why they get so pouty about it, and then want to turn around and make useless personal accusations over it.

Just an observation.

Which you call 'observations'. Very sugary of you.

gpresdo

Jul 22, 2023
Paducah Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Putting on Christ .................................
I fail to see a benefit of referring to following Christ as...putting on Christ.
I do not think it is a Holy way to refer to Christ and is mixing a secular slang with The ....Most High Righteous One. I am not convinced that it is a proper reference. He is not a coat or a pair of trousers.
What have you earned for Christ by using that reference of our Lord and Savior?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Putting on Christ is living like Jesus​

Self sacrificing? Other centred? Service priority? Long suffering? Open to engage intelligently? Not stuck in the bias of his religious culture and upbringing? Generous beyond expectations? No waffler? Say what he means and means what he says? Misunderstood?