Putting on the whole armour of God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about this for a moment. Does Satan have friends among men? No! He is the destroyer. His mission is to destroy us if we are good or bad. Not one man or woman upon this earth can go into battle against him without the armor of God. There is no way you can fight with this spirit alone or any spirit for that matter. First of all, Satan and his minions are invisible. The Bible calls this “chains of darkness.” If these evil spirits could appear before man whenever they got ready, man would not have a chance to obtain eternal life. They can only appear when they have permission. These beings have greater wisdom than man, greater strength than an ox, swifter than an eagle, and more fierce than a lion. How can you fight and enemy like that? We can not, not alone.

Let's begin this lesson by showing the only way you can be protected from this powerful enemy. The only way is to run behind his boss, and who is his boss? The Everlasting GOD (Jesus). Hope and pray that the Lord doesn't send him after you. If He does you don't have a chance. Satan will only attack when the Lord God gives the order. Those of us that call ourselves servants of God, do what the book says, stay away from the willful sins. Then the Lord will have no reason to put these evil spirits on you. Let's get started and see whose power we need to defend ourselves against Satan and his minions.

Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Be strong in the Lord and in His power and His might. And how do you grasp this power that is not your own? Take a look.

Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

If we take on the Lord's armor we will be protected. When a brother or sister argues the Bible, they are locked in the heat of the battle, but not with the person that stands before them. Who are they wrestling or warring with? Let's see.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12)

You are not fighting against flesh and blood you are fighting against an evil spirit. To get that spirit out of your face, read the book and the book will shoot holes in all that false doctrine. Jesus says in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

What we need to do now is take a look at the pieces of the Lord's armor. Make sure to pay close attention to the parts of the armor that you need. We will see that if you don't have the entire armor we might as well not have any at all. You will also see that if we have the entire armor on we will also possess an offensive weapon. This weapon is the most powerful weapon in the creation. Let's take a look at this armor.

Ephesian 6:13-17 - Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

We must have the whole armor on, not half or one piece but all. The enemies’ weapon is bad doctrine; this bad doctrine is all around us. Our faith or belief in the Lord will protect us from all our enemies. How you might ask? Jesus said in Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

So Jesus said, “but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments,” No matter what you read in the Bible, these commandments have to be kept to enter into life, or you will be judge by them. Now let’s read further into what Jesus is saying here in Matthew… Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

This includes the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week (Saturday). This also include,Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (which includes Easter, Christmas, going to church on Sunday and any other pagan or tradition of men that may cause another God to be worship)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. (Exodus 20:3-8)

By walking in righteousness, which is following the commandments, we will be at peace. Not only peace, if we endure to the end we will obtain salvation. Jesus says in Matthew 24: 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, Satan and his minions are invisible. The Bible calls this “chains of darkness.” If these evil spirits could appear before man whenever they got ready, man would not have a chance to obtain eternal life. They can only appear when they have permission. These beings have greater wisdom than man, greater strength than an ox, swifter than an eagle, and more fierce than a lion. How can you fight and enemy like that? We can not, not alone.

...We must have the whole armor on, not half or one piece but all. The enemies’ weapon is bad doctrine; this bad doctrine is all around us. Our faith or belief in the Lord will protect us from all our enemies. How you might ask? Jesus said in Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
You should've quoted the rest of the passage....
Matt 19.20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

This was an admission that following the commandments of the Law were merely preliminary to entering into life, and that the Law was intended to be coupled with *following Jesus as Messiah.* It requires that we follow him who alone could provide an atonement that would give us Eternal Life. Lacking this, keeping the entire Law would not provide Eternal Life. The atonement provided under the Law falls short, as even the young man recognized, "What do I still lack?" Keeping the Law was not enough.
So Jesus said, “but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments,” No matter what you read in the Bible, these commandments have to be kept to enter into life, or you will be judge by them. Now let’s read further into what Jesus is saying here in Matthew… Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

This includes the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week (Saturday).
The Law of Moses did include the 10 Commandments and the requirement to observe the Sabbath Day. This applied only to the Jewish People.

However, the Law no longer applies to God's People, the Church. We are not under the Law--neither Jew nor Gentile. The Law failed as a covenant to save Israel, but it did steer them towards the atonement of Christ. In keeping the commandments Jesus pointed those under the Law to follow him, as he was directing them towards his cross.

This also include,Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (which includes Easter, Christmas, going to church on Sunday and any other pagan or tradition of men that may cause another God to be worship)
Easter, Christmas, and going to church on Sundays are not "pagan traditions." Shame on you for saying so.

I do agree with you that Satan and his demonic hordes are bigger and stronger than us, and that we need to put on the armor of God. That part I would agree with. If we choose to reject Christ and turn to idols then God may deliver us over to those idols and to the spirits that are behind them.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should've quoted the rest of the passage....
Matt 19.20 “All these I have kept,” the young man said. “What do I still lack?”
21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

This was an admission that following the commandments of the Law were merely preliminary to entering into life, and that the Law was intended to be coupled with *following Jesus as Messiah.* It requires that we follow him who alone could provide an atonement that would give us Eternal Life. Lacking this, keeping the entire Law would not provide Eternal Life. The atonement provided under the Law falls short, as even the young man recognized, "What do I still lack?" Keeping the Law was not enough.
Let's go back into Matthew 19: 16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, 19 Honour thy father and thy mother: and, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Notice the young man says "All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?" The young man didn’t need to ask this question to Jesus, because he was already in a good place with the Lord. This is where the story gets interesting, because if you read the full story which we have to do, to get full understanding. We will see that the commandments Jesus mention wasn't the young man problem, it was something else.

21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

So Jesus says if thou be perfect, that means the young was really close to being perfect, but the young had great riches that he couldn't let go, and that goes with what Jesus says in Matthew (22:37) Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. (38) This is the first and great commandment. This was very hard for the young man to do. So let's recap the story a little, the young man kept the commandments from his youth up, all most perfect, except one thing Jesus ask him to do, and that's sell all his possession and come follow him. This is about the young man heart, he did right by keeping the law from his youth up and he was bless, but his heart toward the lord was not all the way in place.

So let's continue in Matthew 19: 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
The Law of Moses did include the 10 Commandments and the requirement to observe the Sabbath Day. This applied only to the Jewish People.
See, Roman Christianity teaches against the Commandments and that'a not what the Bible teaches at all. Paul says in Ephesians 2: 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

So is Paul telling the Gentiles how important the old testament is, and how they have the same laws as Israel do. In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah 8: 20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

However, the Law no longer applies to God's People, the Church. We are not under the Law--neither Jew nor Gentile. The Law failed as a covenant to save Israel, but it did steer them towards the atonement of Christ. In keeping the commandments Jesus pointed those under the Law to follow him, as he was directing them towards his cross.

Easter, Christmas, and going to church on Sundays are not "pagan traditions." Shame on you for saying so.
Yes they are, and History will prove that easily.
I do agree with you that Satan and his demonic hordes are bigger and stronger than us, and that we need to put on the armor of God. That part I would agree with. If we choose to reject Christ and turn to idols then God may deliver us over to those idols and to the spirits that are behind them.

Reactions: Nancy

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now that we see what one must have to be protected, let's see how some of these evil spirits operate. Pay close attention and you will see that they operate through men in this case.

And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority. (Revelation 13:1-2)

This beast isn't Satan. This beast represents the entire Gentile dynasty. From Nebuchadnezzar to the ten nations that will make up the European Economic Community that is gaining power at this very moment. Notice where the beast gets it power? The dragon which is Satan the devil gives this system its power. Let's back up to the 12th chapter of Revelation and in this chapter you will see the beast is called the dragon (Satan).

And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun and the moon under her feet and upon her head a crown of twelve stars: (Revelation 12:1)

This women represents Israel, this can be found in Genesis the 37th chapter verses 9-10.

“And she is with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered. And there appeared another wonder in heaven; and behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads. And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth: and the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.” (Revelation 12:2-4

Note what's being said. “And behold a great red dragon, having seven heads and ten horns, and seven crowns upon his heads.” In the 13th chapter of Revelation it stated the dragon gave the beast its power. This simply means Satan which is the dragon runs the Gentile dynasty or in other words he gave the beast his power. In Daniel chapter 9 verse 26 you will see the children of the prince destroyed Jerusalem. Satan is the prince and the Gentiles are the children. The Gentiles destroyed Jerusalem in 70 A.D. headed up by the Roman General Titus.

Take another look at part of the verses above, this is Satan hard at work. “And the dragon stood before the woman which was ready to be delivered, for to devour her child as soon as it was born.” This is what Satan is all about destruction. The child is Jesus; remember when He was born and the angel told Joseph to flee into Egypt because Herod sought the child's life? It wasn't Satan standing there himself; he tried to kill Jesus by the hand of Herod. Herod had no idea that Satan was behind this, his concern was his kingship. This is one reason you must try the spirits. How do you try the spirits? With the word of God.

(EXAMPLE- Matthew 19:18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,) so, what was Herod about to do? Commit murder.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's go back into Matthew 19:19 All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet? Notice the young man says "All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?" The young man didn’t need to ask this question to Jesus, because he was already in a good place with the Lord.
The young man had done well keeping the commandments of the Law which at that time were still in place. But as the story continues, you will note that he wasn't really in such a good place. He lacked something as he himself admitted.
21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

So Jesus says if thou be perfect, that means the young was really close to being perfect, but the young had great riches that he couldn't let go... This is about the young man heart, he did right by keeping the law from his youth up and he was bless, but his heart toward the lord was not all the way in place.
Yes, this is about what the young man lacked--not about his keeping the commandments of the Law, which all Israel were required to do. Your seeming use of the word "perfect" seems affected by how we sometimes use the word "perfect" in English. We use the word "perfect" sometimes for sinless or without error.

But this isn't how Jesus is using the word "perfect," in my opinion. Jesus is simply saying that "perfect" indicates a person is in perfect compliance with the Law, which never did require being sinless or without error. The Law itself assumed that all Israel were sinners in need of sacrifices of atonement.

So Jesus is telling the young man that what he lacked was perfect conformity with the spirit of the Law, which isn't just external observations of the requirements of the Law, but complete commitment to God Himself. Since his wealth was a distraction, his commitment was not perfect, or in conformity with the spirit of the contract of the Law.
So let's continue in Matthew 19: 23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven. 24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. 25 When his disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved? 26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.
It may or may not be that this young man ultimately got saved. He just didn't enter into the spirit of God's realm, being distracted by the interests of maintaining his wealth. He would suffer loss in the Kingdom of God, if indeed he got there. But it was said that Jesus loved what he did apart from his compromises.
See, Roman Christianity teaches against the Commandments and that'a not what the Bible teaches at all. Paul says in Ephesians 2: 19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; 20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
You seem to think that the Apostle and Prophets are in reference to those under the Law? Clearly, Paul is referencing the NT Apostles and Prophets who were *not* under the Law! So the basis of your claims is on a false interpretation of what Apostles and Prophets referred to! Since Apostles and Prophets refer to NT realities, where the Law was not in play, then your argument fails.

Paul taught in Galatians against any sense whatsoever that the Law is in play for either Jew or Gentile. You would have to completely ignore that book, though the same truths are in his other books as well. In fact, all of the writers of the New Testament indicated that they were under Grace, which by their definition meant that they were under Christ as a new system, and not under the Law of Moses.
So is Paul telling the Gentiles how important the old testament is, and how they have the same laws as Israel do. In the scriptures it's written in Isaiah 8: 20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Isaiah was writing in the OT era, when the Law was still in effect. Naturally, understanding of God's will would come, at that time, through the Law--at least for Israel.
Yes they are, and History will prove that easily.
I notice you offer no evidence that these Christian traditions are not Christian! ;) Consult any Christian encyclopedia and you will learn different unless you define "true Christian" as one not affiliated with any organized Christian denomination?

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about this for a moment. Does Satan have friends among men? No! He is the destroyer. His mission is to destroy us if we are good or bad. Not one man or woman upon this earth can go into battle against him without the armor of God. There is no way you can fight with this spirit alone or any spirit for that matter. First of all, Satan and his minions are invisible. The Bible calls this “chains of darkness.” If these evil spirits could appear before man whenever they got ready, man would not have a chance to obtain eternal life. They can only appear when they have permission. These beings have greater wisdom than man, greater strength than an ox, swifter than an eagle, and more fierce than a lion. How can you fight and enemy like that? We can not, not alone.

Let's begin this lesson by showing the only way you can be protected from this powerful enemy. The only way is to run behind his boss, and who is his boss? The Everlasting GOD (Jesus). Hope and pray that the Lord doesn't send him after you. If He does you don't have a chance. Satan will only attack when the Lord God gives the order. Those of us that call ourselves servants of God, do what the book says, stay away from the willful sins. Then the Lord will have no reason to put these evil spirits on you. Let's get started and see whose power we need to defend ourselves against Satan and his minions.

Ephesians 6:10 - Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.

Be strong in the Lord and in His power and His might. And how do you grasp this power that is not your own? Take a look.

Ephesians 6:11 - Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

If we take on the Lord's armor we will be protected. When a brother or sister argues the Bible, they are locked in the heat of the battle, but not with the person that stands before them. Who are they wrestling or warring with? Let's see.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places (Ephesians 6:12)

You are not fighting against flesh and blood you are fighting against an evil spirit. To get that spirit out of your face, read the book and the book will shoot holes in all that false doctrine. Jesus says in Matthew 4: 4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

What we need to do now is take a look at the pieces of the Lord's armor. Make sure to pay close attention to the parts of the armor that you need. We will see that if you don't have the entire armor we might as well not have any at all. You will also see that if we have the entire armor on we will also possess an offensive weapon. This weapon is the most powerful weapon in the creation. Let's take a look at this armor.

Ephesian 6:13-17 - Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

We must have the whole armor on, not half or one piece but all. The enemies’ weapon is bad doctrine; this bad doctrine is all around us. Our faith or belief in the Lord will protect us from all our enemies. How you might ask? Jesus said in Matthew 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life? 17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

This includes the Sabbath day on the seventh day of the week (Saturday). This also include,Thou shalt have no other gods before me. (which includes Easter, Christmas, going to church on Sunday and any other pagan or tradition of men that may cause another God to be worship)

Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me; And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy. (Exodus 20:3-8)

By walking in righteousness, which is following the commandments, we will be at peace. Not only peace, if we endure to the end we will obtain salvation. Jesus says in Matthew 24: 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved. That is until the end of your life, or until the Second Coming of the Lord.
Is putting on “the whole armor of God” also to; “take off the old man” and “put on the New Man”? where the Fruit that is by Christ, bringing forth fruit unto God which end is not death but Life-Giving; these will be added to unto you, which Fruit by Christ “clothing”
you neither “unfruitful” nor “barren”. Not being found naked (having my own righteousness which is by the law) but clothed upon with the righteousness “armor” given of God:

2 Peter 1:4-8 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, (armor of God) having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Nancy and bro.tan

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Victory in Jesus is our faith.

Charity added to brotherly kindness.

We can have all faith to remove mountains, yet have not charity.

Charity believes all things and is not puffed up.

Knowledge puffs up.

Charity edifies.

1 Corinthians 8:1 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. KKNOWLEDGE PUFFETH UP, but charity edifieth.

1 Corinthians 13:2 And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
3 And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
4 Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity VAUNTETH NOT ITSELF, is NOT PUFFED UP,
5 Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
6 Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
7 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.

1 Corinthians 15:57 But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Do people want to ignore, or want to acknowledge, that the armour is meekness, humility, lowliness, because the fiery darts of the wicked are exaltation, self seeking, covetting, pride.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is putting on “the whole armor of God” also to; “take off the old man” and “put on the New Man”? where the Fruit that is by Christ, bringing forth fruit unto God which end is not death but Life-Giving; these will be added to unto you, which Fruit by Christ “clothing”
you neither “unfruitful” nor “barren”. Not being found naked (having my own righteousness which is by the law) but clothed upon with the righteousness “armor” given of God:

2 Peter 1:4-8 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these you might be partakers of the divine nature, (armor of God) having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust. [5] And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; [6] And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; [7] And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. [8] For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that you shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
I agree even Paul says in Galatians 5: 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, 23 meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. 24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The young man had done well keeping the commandments of the Law which at that time were still in place. But as the story continues, you will note that he wasn't really in such a good place. He lacked something as he himself admitted.

Yes, this is about what the young man lacked--not about his keeping the commandments of the Law, which all Israel were required to do. Your seeming use of the word "perfect" seems affected by how we sometimes use the word "perfect" in English. We use the word "perfect" sometimes for sinless or without error.

But this isn't how Jesus is using the word "perfect," in my opinion. Jesus is simply saying that "perfect" indicates a person is in perfect compliance with the Law, which never did require being sinless or without error. The Law itself assumed that all Israel were sinners in need of sacrifices of atonement.

So Jesus is telling the young man that what he lacked was perfect conformity with the spirit of the Law, which isn't just external observations of the requirements of the Law, but complete commitment to God Himself. Since his wealth was a distraction, his commitment was not perfect, or in conformity with the spirit of the contract of the Law.
It would of been good if you would ask question then assuming what you think I think. Let's use the word of God to take a look at this example of being perfect in Isaiah 38: 1 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live. 2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, 3 and said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
So Hezekiah was perfect in heart, not that he a perfect person. or he serve the Lord perfect.
The young may have been perfect in keeping the Commandments, and doing so he was blessed and had great possession, but when he was ask what he lack, and that was giving up everything to follow Jesus. The young man had a problem with that. We do well learning from this, because it's always something we need to prove in our walk in the Lord.
It may or may not be that this young man ultimately got saved. He just didn't enter into the spirit of God's realm, being distracted by the interests of maintaining his wealth. He would suffer loss in the Kingdom of God, if indeed he got there. But it was said that Jesus loved what he did apart from his compromises.

You seem to think that the Apostle and Prophets are in reference to those under the Law? Clearly, Paul is referencing the NT Apostles and Prophets who were *not* under the Law! So the basis of your claims is on a false interpretation of what Apostles and Prophets referred to! Since Apostles and Prophets refer to NT realities, where the Law was not in play, then your argument fails.

Paul taught in Galatians against any sense whatsoever that the Law is in play for either Jew or Gentile. You would have to completely ignore that book, though the same truths are in his other books as well. In fact, all of the writers of the New Testament indicated that they were under Grace, which by their definition meant that they were under Christ as a new system, and not under the Law of Moses.

Isaiah was writing in the OT era, when the Law was still in effect. Naturally, understanding of God's will would come, at that time, through the Law--at least for Israel.
No! It's wasn't about the prophets and the apostles, it's about the miss understanding in what law was nail to the cross, and what laws are still on the table to this day. The apostles understood this, but since most of the world are under Roman Christianity teaching there have been a falling away of the truth and confusing. Also creating a new day to worship thats not written, etc. We have also a more sure word of prophecy; whereunto ye do well that ye take heed, as unto a light that shineth in a dark place, until the day dawn, and the day star arise in your hearts: knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. (2 Peter 19-21)

I notice you offer no evidence that these Christian traditions are not Christian! ;) Consult any Christian encyclopedia and you will learn different unless you define "true Christian" as one not affiliated with any organized Christian denomination?
The prophets, Apostles, and Jesus didn't deal with Paganism, everything you need to acquire salvation is written in KJV from Genesis to Revelation. We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment. We cannot choose to obey one without obeying the others. For instance, if it's still good to pay tithes (as many preach), then it is still good to obey God's dietary law (not eating pork, catfish, etc...Leviticus 11:1-47). Similarly, you cannot purposely trip a blind person (Leviticus 19:14) and claim to love your neighbor as yourself. Neither can you break God's Sabbath days (Leviticus 19:30) and claim to love God with all your heart, soul and mind.

Many fight to uphold man's traditional holidays (Sunday the 1st day as the Sabbath, Christmas, Easter and Halloween), but few are obeying God's Holy Days (Saturday the 7th day Sabbath, the Passover, Pentecost, etc...Leviticus 23:1-44). All of God's laws are still good and must be obeyed if we want eternal life. We might not be able to observe everything perfectly, but can fight a good fight. If we do this our prize awaits us at the end. "...if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments" (Matthew 19:17).

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now let us take a look at what Satan really looks like.

“And I looked, and, behold, a whirlwind came out of the north, a great cloud, and a fire enfolding itself, and a brightness was about it, and out of the midst thereof as the colour of amber, out of the midst of the fire. Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man. And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings. And their feet were straight feet; and the sole of their feet was like the sole of a calf's foot: and they sparkled like the colour of burnished brass. And they had the hands of a man under their wings on their four sides; and they four had their faces and their wings. Their wings were joined one to another; they turned not when they went; they went every one straight forward.” (Ezekiel 1:4-9)

These creators have four faces, four wings, feet like a calf, hands like men under their wings and they also look like burnt brass. What does burnt brass look like? What does anything look like burnt. It looks black. Why does it say they turned not when they went? It was no need for them to turn, remember they have four faces. They can look to the north, south, east and west at the same time. That is why they went forward without turning. Let's find out what they are called.

This is the living creature that I saw under the God of Israel by the river of Chebar; and I knew that they were the cherubim’s. Every one had four faces apiece, and every one four wings; and the likeness of the hands of a man was under their wings. (Ezekiel 10:20-21)

In the first chapter of Ezekiel we saw the Cherubim’s carrying Jesus around on His throne. Not a space ship as the status quo thinks. These were simply cherubim angels flying the Lord around. Is Satan a cherub angel? Well, let's find out.

The word of the LORD came again unto me, saying, Son of man, say unto the prince of Tyrus, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Because thine heart is lifted up, and thou hast said, I am a God, I sit in the seat of God, in the midst of the seas; yet thou art a man, and not God, though thou set thine heart as the heart of God: Behold, thou art wiser than Daniel; there is no secret that they can hide from thee: With thy wisdom and with thine understanding thou hast gotten thee riches, and hast gotten gold and silver into thy treasures: (Ezekiel 28:1-3)

This is not an ordinary man, notice the clue. Thou are wiser than Daniel? The prince of Tyrus is a Gentile, how can he be wiser than Daniel when it comes to the word of God. Israel possesses the oracles/word of God.

Remember that Satan is the god of the Gentiles that have not came under the commonwealth of Israel. This man is Satan; Satan is wiser than Daniel take a look.

Son of man, take up a lamentation upon the king of Tyrus, and say unto him, thus saith the Lord GOD; Thou sealest up the sum, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty. Thou hast been in Eden the garden of God; every precious stone was thy covering, the sardius, topaz, and the diamond, the beryl, the onyx, and the jasper, the sapphire, the emerald, and the carbuncle, and gold: the workmanship of thy tabrets and of thy pipes was prepared in thee in the day that thou wast created.( Ezekiel 28: 12-13)

Do you recall the king of Tyrus in the Garden of Eden? I do recall the serpent which is called the devil and also Satan. Let's see who this really is.

Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee. (Ezekiel 28:14-15)

Now we see this is not a man, but a cherub angel. In some cases the Lord calls angels men. But notice something; this cherub which is Satan had some authority. He actually was on the mountain of God, until he sinned. We should pay close attention to that. What happened when Satan sinned against God? Take a look.

By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy beauty; thou hast corrupted thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground; I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee. (Ezekiel 28:16)

What happened when he got full of himself? He was thrown out. When the Lord blesses us with knowledge, wisdom and also understanding be careful not to get full of yourself and forget whose blessings it is and were it came from. It is the Lord's, not our own.

We should ask ourselves a question. When the Lord threw Satan out where did he throw him to? Remember this in Revelation 12 verse 4? And his tail drew the third part of the stars of heaven, and did cast them to the earth. Angels are also called stars. You notice it says the earth and not hell. Yes Satan hit the ground dusted himself off along with the other evil spirit and has been raising hell ever sense.

Reactions: Nancy

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It would of been good if you would ask question then assuming what you think I think. Let's use the word of God to take a look at this example of being perfect in Isaiah 38: 1 In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live. 2 Then Hezekiah turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, 3 and said, Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy sight. And Hezekiah wept sore.
So Hezekiah was perfect in heart, not that he a perfect person. or he serve the Lord perfect.
What I said is that it "appeared" to me that you were affected by a wrong use of the word "perfect." And I thought that not without warrant. You claimed that the young man was fairly good, when the reality was, he fell short. So he wasn't "perfect" in any sense whatsoever, not in terms of commitment and not in terms of following the Law.

His observance of the Law was notable and noble, but was not perfect. He lacked something vital that kept him from being viewed as "perfect" in the matters of compliance and observance. You said this:

"So Jesus says if thou be perfect, that means the young was really close to being perfect, but the young had great riches that he couldn't let go..."

This is why I questioned your use of the word "perfect" because if you saw the word properly as a term indicating "compliance," then you would've realized that the young man was not even close to compliance. He was good at observing the letter of the Law. But he was far from compliant since his observance lacked the essential spirit of the Law, which was to serve God Himself.

You seem to think that observing the letter itself is really close to perfection, whereas the whole lesson of the story is that is falls fatally short of what a person requires to actually be perfect with respect to God's Kingdom rule. It may be that we're just dancing on the head of a pin, but I suppose the whole point I'm trying to make is that as important as keeping the Law was under OT terms, it was never the essential thing in terms of the spirit of the Law.

Just as following God Himself was at the core of observing the Law, so following Christ is the core of observing the Moral Law contained in the Gospel. But in following Christ a person in the NT era no longer needs to observe the Law at all!
No! It's wasn't about the prophets and the apostles, it's about the miss understanding in what law was nail to the cross, and what laws are still on the table to this day. The apostles understood this, but since most of the world are under Roman Christianity teaching there have been a falling away of the truth and confusing. Also creating a new day to worship thats not written, etc.
Conservative church denominations hold to *apostolic teaching* and to Scriptures. Observing the Sunday tradition is purely tradition--not law! If that is your basis for claiming the "churches have gone astray" you're on extremely weak grounds!
The prophets, Apostles, and Jesus didn't deal with Paganism, everything you need to acquire salvation is written in KJV from Genesis to Revelation.
Oh I see--you're a KJV only guy! Again, you have a very weak foundation for claiming only you have it right, and everybody else has it wrong! KJV only is itself very weak, since the Bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. The original KJV was obviously based on only some available manuscripts. This is editorializing, which is hardly a matter of sinless effort.

We still must obey all of God's laws and statues of conduct, from the ten commandments to the least commandment.
I would dispute this. Jesus required observance of every law in the Law of Moses, but he was only requiring it of Israel *before the cross!* Once he died on the cross, it must be noted that the veil of the Temple was torn in two, indicating the way had been opened to Eternal Life, rendering observance of the Law a dead letter. Moral Law, of course, continued, but requirement of Man under contract of the Law was gone.

You have Jesus. You don't need 613 requirements to get to heaven. Israel couldn't get there under that system anyway. It was just a "warm up," leading to Jesus.

Reactions: marks

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The way they have these holidays to work is definitely pagan.

Do you mean idols like Saint Nick? Santa Claus? Easter bunny? I've never read anyting in scripture that talks about an Easter egg hunt either.

Most people can tell you that, Christmas is Jesus's Birthday! But they'll also take their kids down to see Santa Claus and overload them with presents. Kids arent jumping out of bed on Christmas morning yelling Happy Birthday Jesus! They yell, let's get the presents !!

So...can a person serve two masters? Because if one wants to honor Jesus on His Birthday...(For Real)...then the kids dont get presents. It's not their birthday. You either celebrate Jesus's Birthday, or you celebrate something else. Which would immediately make it about something else besides Jesus, and where's the honor to Jesus in that?

Reactions: bro.tan

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have Jesus. You don't need 613 requirements to get to heaven. Israel couldn't get there under that system anyway. It was just a "warm up," leading to Jesus.

No one can get there through observing the law. The law was provided to teach mankind that there are penalties for sin and so they need a Savior. Then Jesus came and modifed the contract.

Maybe we're not still obligated to the 613 levitical laws, but what about the 10 Commandments? The Spirit of the Lord will not lead you sin. Be ye perfect just as I am, it says. Do you realize what replaced the 613 levitical laws? Ye are to abide in Christ.

I think this is a New Testament Commandment.

John 15:
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.../KJV

It seems clear. Abide in Christ. (This is how you have relationship with the Lord also). There is no law, but there is the Spirit of God with you. It doesnt say abide on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. This means moment by moment every day. (It's not hard). But when we go into the world for anything then we are not abiding in Him like it says to. And v6 said these branches will be cast into the fire.

When we do almost anything in the world, we walk away from Jesus and leave Him behind. One action movie cant hurt, right? Fornicating once is a mere slip, right? An hour of porn? Drugs? Drink. I could go on and on. But when we choose to turn away from the Lord and indulge in anything from the world is when we stop abiding in Him. So we have to be careful and guard our hearts diigently and not lose focus upon the Lord.

Remember? As soon as Peter took his eyes off of Jesus and looked around at the world and the waves...he started sinking!

Help me Lord !!!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
The armour of God humility is against all the many workers of iniquity, Christ does not know, with no fear of God and only boasting themselves..

Characteristics of the workers of iniquity:

Psalm 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

Psalm 94:4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?

Psalm 125:5 As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the Lord shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity: but peace shall be upon Israel.

Proverbs 10:29 The way of the Lord is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Proverbs 21:15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

Randy Kluth

Apr 27, 2020
Pacific NW
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can get there through observing the law. The law was provided to teach mankind that there are penalties for sin and so they need a Savior. Then Jesus came and modifed the contract.
It was a *completely different contract!*
Maybe we're not still obligated to the 613 levitical laws, but what about the 10 Commandments? The Spirit of the Lord will not lead you sin. Be ye perfect just as I am, it says. Do you realize what replaced the 613 levitical laws? Ye are to abide in Christ.
I'm glad you said nobody is under the 613 obligations of the Law of Moses! I'm much less concerned about Christians who say we must obey the 10 Commandments. We are, after all, obligated to follow Christ, and all 10 Commandments were fulfilled in him.

I would only say that observing the Sabbath Day is a vestige of the Old Covenant, and not anything that following Christ today requires of us. He fulfilled the Sabbath Day by enabling us to be righteous *every day of the week,* including Saturday and Sunday! ;)
I think this is a New Testament Commandment.

John 15:
3 Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you.

4 Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me.

5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

6 If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

7 If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you.

8 Herein is my Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be my disciples.../KJV
Yes, Jesus said these things to those still under the Old Covenant, but they are perennially true. Whether OT or NT we all must follow Jesus. In the NT, however, we follow Jesus not under the Law of Moses, but rather, as under a new priesthood with a new temple and a more simplified code of conduct. But it still requires faith.
It seems clear. Abide in Christ. (This is how you have relationship with the Lord also). There is no law, but there is the Spirit of God with you. It doesnt say abide on Sunday and Wednesday evenings. This means moment by moment every day. (It's not hard). But when we go into the world for anything then we are not abiding in Him like it says to. And v6 said these branches will be cast into the fire.

When we do almost anything in the world, we walk away from Jesus and leave Him behind. One action movie cant hurt, right? Fornicating once is a mere slip, right? An hour of porn? Drugs? Drink. I could go on and on. But when we choose to turn away from the Lord and indulge in anything from the world is when we stop abiding in Him. So we have to be careful and guard our hearts diigently and not lose focus upon the Lord.

Remember? As soon as Peter took his eyes off of Jesus and looked around at the world and the waves...he started sinking!

Help me Lord !!!
Yes, good preaching. We all need to be taught to abide in Jesus, who was sinless. When we fall short, we must quickly return to him, and try to remain focused on him. Amen!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Peoples words seek to take armour away, here again for you guys regarding falling short. ( naked without armour)

Ephesians 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

Romans 8:30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

1 Peter 4:1 Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
2 That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What I said is that it "appeared" to me that you were affected by a wrong use of the word "perfect." And I thought that not without warrant. You claimed that the young man was fairly good, when the reality was, he fell short. So he wasn't "perfect" in any sense whatsoever, not in terms of commitment and not in terms of following the Law.

His observance of the Law was notable and noble, but was not perfect. He lacked something vital that kept him from being viewed as "perfect" in the matters of compliance and observance. You said this:

"So Jesus says if thou be perfect, that means the young was really close to being perfect, but the young had great riches that he couldn't let go..."

This is why I questioned your use of the word "perfect" because if you saw the word properly as a term indicating "compliance," then you would've realized that the young man was not even close to compliance. He was good at observing the letter of the Law. But he was far from compliant since his observance lacked the essential spirit of the Law, which was to serve God Himself.

You seem to think that observing the letter itself is really close to perfection, whereas the whole lesson of the story is that is falls fatally short of what a person requires to actually be perfect with respect to God's Kingdom rule. It may be that we're just dancing on the head of a pin, but I suppose the whole point I'm trying to make is that as important as keeping the Law was under OT terms, it was never the essential thing in terms of the spirit of the Law.

Just as following God Himself was at the core of observing the Law, so following Christ is the core of observing the Moral Law contained in the Gospel. But in following Christ a person in the NT era no longer needs to observe the Law at all!

Conservative church denominations hold to *apostolic teaching* and to Scriptures. Observing the Sunday tradition is purely tradition--not law! If that is your basis for claiming the "churches have gone astray" you're on extremely weak grounds!

Oh I see--you're a KJV only guy! Again, you have a very weak foundation for claiming only you have it right, and everybody else has it wrong! KJV only is itself very weak, since the Bible was written in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Greek. The original KJV was obviously based on only some available manuscripts. This is editorializing, which is hardly a matter of sinless effort.

I would dispute this. Jesus required observance of every law in the Law of Moses, but he was only requiring it of Israel *before the cross!* Once he died on the cross, it must be noted that the veil of the Temple was torn in two, indicating the way had been opened to Eternal Life, rendering observance of the Law a dead letter. Moral Law, of course, continued, but requirement of Man under contract of the Law was gone.

peace in the mighty name Jesus

Reactions: Randy Kluth

bro.tan

Dec 11, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Let's lake a look at this battle...

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, and prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. (Revelation 12:7-9)

No matter how powerful the devil is, the Lord has someone stronger. Now you see Satan and all the other evil spirits or unclean spirits are running around on the earth.

Take a look at what the other angels said after this battle.

And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night. And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death. Therefore rejoice ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time. (Revelation 12:10-12)

Notice how happy the angels were when Satan was cast out. But look how they gave us a warning. “Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! For the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.” Woe is right. We have enemies running around and we can't even see them. ...a 3rd part of an innumerable amount of angels. These are spirit beings they never sleep or get tired, and they were here before the dinosaurs.

The Lord will save His people the same way as He did before in Egypt, just on a larger scale. This time He will save them from all over the world. They came out from Egypt with Pharaoh's army on their heels. Note the similarity below.

And when the dragon saw that he was cast unto the earth, he persecuted the woman which brought forth the man child. And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time from the face of the serpent. And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood (Revelation 12:13-15)

The man-child is of course Jesus. The woman represents the nation of Israel physically and spiritually. When the Lord brought Israel out before He stated, “Ye have seen what I did unto the Egyptians, and how I bare you on eagles' wings, and brought you unto myself "(Exodus 19:4).

In Revelation, we have the same statement. “And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle.” This is symbolism; we know Israel walked into the wilderness.

This time when the sign comes to pass stated in Matthew the 24th chapter verse 15 through 16 you must find your own means of transportation. Whatever it may be, plane or boat it will be at no cost to you. The same place the Lord took Israel before is where you must be at the time appointed: not before or after. And when those of us that keep the Law get there you don't have to worry about food or water it will be provided for us. This is why the verse states, “that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time. This is the great tribulation, which will last 3 ½ years (time one year, times plural two years and a half of time ½ year). The flood represents an army; this is none other than EU’s army. But it will be to no avail. This is when the statement used by the so-called Christians today will come into affect, “no weapon formed against me shall prosper.” The angels will have charge over us that make it. If you don't make it into the wilderness, what ever you do, do not accept the mark of the beast.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Think about this for a moment. Does Satan have friends among men? No! He is the destroyer. His mission is to destroy us if we are good or bad. Not one man or woman upon this earth can go into battle against him without the armor of God.
Can you provide a detailed description of this destroyer for us?
An origin story?
Thanks
F2F