Qualities of Biblical Prophets

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
What do you think were the qualities of the Biblical prophets that you think made them great leaders?

For example, David was a man after God's own heart. Was it anything in them that contributed to their successful leadership or was it simply that they had the Holy Spirit to lead them?

I'd say from 1 Samuel 16 it seems to me that God chooses people based off of their heart.

But the Lord said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart.”

He(God)knew them before they were born of woman ,ie flesh

Reactions: DuckieLady

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We can't reasonably expect this every time. At that time, yes, if they were wrong, they were killed. But the 100% thing isn't exactly accurate.

Yes it was accurate. In the OT if one called a prophet spoke anything in the Lords name that did not come to pass- they could be stoned!

Do you think Jeanne Dixon was a prophetess of God? She was about 80% accurate

How about Nostradamus? He is about 90% accurate. Where do you draw the line when the Bible says that one false prophesy made a prophet a false prophet!

Here's an interesting one for anyone reading:

We can ALL know the future.
It's in Revelation.

I fully agree! For I teach eschatology on a college level for many years now. Where todays "prophets" have gone wrong is date setting, describing things in the Revelation that are just not so and so on.

Reactions: Mayflower

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it was accurate. In the OT if one called a prophet spoke anything in the Lords name that did not come to pass- they could be stoned!

Do you think Jeanne Dixon was a prophetess of God? She was about 80% accurate

How about Nostradamus? He is about 90% accurate. Where do you draw the line when the Bible says that one false prophesy made a prophet a false prophet!

I fully agree! For I teach eschatology on a college level for many years now. Where todays "prophets" have gone wrong is date setting, describing things in the Revelation that are just not so and so on.

I don't know about Jeane Dixon, but it looks like she's a psychic and on the same level of Edgar Cayce. I wouldn't listen to either them, the Bible clearly says not to. That's already a given for anyone who has a hint of common sense.

Where is the evidence that she was 80% accurate? The only things I can see is that she wasn't accurate, especially about the world ending in 2020.

I never researched Nostradamus because I don't like what I sense from him and anything I ever heard was very general and any theories seemed like puzzles being forced to fit together. We see people do that today with the trumpets in Revelation.

But I didn't say it. The Bible did. That was the point of posting Deuteronomy 18:22. Regardless of unreasonable human expectations in history, the Bible itself clearly states that human error is possible and not to be afraid of it.

I don't pay attention to most "prophets." That doesn't mean that I don't believe that they exist.