Question about evolution/creationism/intelligent design

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(kriss;42662)
We need to have a conversation about this dearest ArnieI do absoulty agree with you to a point that morning to evening is the rule to follow with time as Bulinger also points out, but Im not convinced that the creation Week can be held to the time of manAs it (time as we know it)did not exsist from the beginning I rather lean toward the fact that the one day morning to evening in Genesis creation week are Gods Days.Normally when "Do not be ignorant" is said a great mystery or important knowledge is being revealed unto us 2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day [is] with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.So if creation week is measured in Gods days each day, morning to evening, is equal to 1000 human years making the creation week 7000 years long but changing little as to the time line of Adam to today. looking forward to your thoughts.
Hi kriss (and everybody)Here is a bit more of why I go for a 6 day Creator as opposed to Darwinism or old world theories. Many thanks.The short 6 days of creation are required because of the inherent harmony designed into nature. All the plants , animals , water life , seasons , have to be in place at the same time to function as designed. 6 days of creation and then God rested on the seventh day. He instructed his people (and us) to also rest on the seventh day , this is repeated over and over later in the bible. They are literal days. They are nothing else. We are to work 6 days and rest on the seventh just as God created in 6 days and rested on the seventh. No other interpretation is possible. To do otherwise we must also only have Sabbath every 6000 years. The store owners would love it. I would not. 2Peter3:8 (With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, ) If anyone wishes to use this to show that 6 days of creation can equal 6000 years fine , but just for a minute. Using those rules of interpretation I can then claim the privilege of being able to use the very next sentence (and a thousand years are like a day) and we arrive right back at 6 literal days. These claims of 1= 1000 have no merit. They never have. Furthermore to Use Peter in such a manner is completely out of context. He is addressing the impatience of believers who await the return of Christ and tells them not to interpret it as slowness. Even today 2000 years have now gone by (in our measurement) , but we also are not to interpret it as slowness. Thousands of years of time has no relevance to God. Time is not a function of his environment. He is timeless. It is called eternity. Eternity is a dimension where there is no time factor. Time references are given for us because time is a function of our location . Time-Space-Matter are interactive functions in our known universe. Albert Einstein was the first to show this just within the last 90 years of modern science. I find it interesting (and so did Albert Einstein) that the first words of Genesis cover these 3 items of higher physics ... in the beginning (time) God created the heavens (space) and the earth (matter). No author on his own could make this stuff up. Moses wrote it down over 3000 years ago. The words of Genesis are accurate as written. All of them. Even the very first sentence.For these and many other reasons I accept the Genesis record and am unable to accept Darwinism theories. Furthermore , Darwinism is bleeding all over the place recently , especially within DNA and Gnome studies. 70% of modern scientists no longer believe in Darwinism. They have difficulty admitting this publicly and generally they do not. One of the remaining options would have to include a Creator, This they also do not want. For this reason they have come up with the new slogan of "intelligent design". This is the origin of the new slogan. On a positive note , it is a jump ahead of the old monkey-people story.Many thanks to all.Arnie M.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Sorry Arnie I cant buy your reasoning if there is no sun yet there can not be a 24 hr dayand the 1000 day as a year is also spoken in Psalms.And Christ fulfilled that is became our Sabbath (rest) it is no longer a Day and God rested on the 7000th Day almost six thousand have sense passed the millieum will be the last thousand days and then there will be a New Heaven a New earth and God will again rest on that 7000 th day (which is one day to him) Otherwise every six days God has to take a day off I dont think that happens.1000 year day is also the key to understanding the times mentioned in Rev.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
Evolution is just as must a faith based religion as Creation and Intellegent Design. Big difference is that Creation and ID are being proven everyday and evolution is still just a bunch of theories that change with the wind.I am a Southern Baptist born again 8 years ago and preparing for seminary. I do not take anyones word for anything, I guestion all and hold fast to that which I have found to be true and evolution doesnt fit the criteria.

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(RobinD69;43167)
Evolution is just as must a faith based religion as Creation and Intellegent Design. Big difference is that Creation and ID are being proven everyday and evolution is still just a bunch of theories that change with the wind.I am a Southern Baptist born again 8 years ago and preparing for seminary. I do not take anyones word for anything, I guestion all and hold fast to that which I have found to be true and evolution doesnt fit the criteria.
You have said it very well Robin. To be an evolutionist takes a thousand times the faith of the creationist. And when you think of it they treat Darwanism just like it is a religion. Yet they laugh at our religious faith. Go figure.Best wishes on your seminary studies.

Cybella

Mar 25, 2008
(arniem;43201)
You have said it very well Robin. To be an evolutionist takes a thousand times the faith of the creationist. And when you think of it they treat Darwanism just like it is a religion. Yet they laugh at our religious faith. Go figure.Best wishes on your seminary studies.
Why does being an evolutionist take more faith?

arniem

Mar 17, 2008
(kriss;43159)
Sorry Arnie I cant buy your reasoning if there is no sun yet there can not be a 24 hr dayand the 1000 day as a year is also spoken in Psalms.And Christ fulfilled that is became our Sabbath (rest) it is no longer a Day and God rested on the 7000th Day almost six thousand have sense passed the millieum will be the last thousand days and then there will be a New Heaven a New earth and God will again rest on that 7000 th day (which is one day to him) Otherwise every six days God has to take a day off I dont think that happens.1000 year day is also the key to understanding the times mentioned in Rev.
I dont recall saying anything about the sun and 24 hour days.I said all aspects of creation have to be in place at the same time for nature to function properly.I do not recall God requiring to take every 7th day off. he said he created for six and rested on the seventh. I find it interesting many folks who do not accept the literal days of creation and the young earth of only 6000 years , they will try to turn midstream and be quick to say that it has been 6000 years since creation was finished. Something is contradictory here.God will not be resting during the millenium. He will be down here reigning with some of us as his assistants. Satan is the one who is "resting" in chains in the Abyss.Most of all , what I could never understand , for the life of me , is why some Christians do not want God to have created in only six days. Why not?? Why also do many not want 1000 years of millenium to be literal.If we can change those couple of things , we can then change everything in the bible , and then we are in trouble. There are some things that are extremely difficult to understand in the bible , but guess what , they are there for a purpose and they make sense in the proper time.There are many many of these things that at times makes absolutely no sense but are completely accurate. One quick example would be the bible sentence where it says "everything that can be seen is made of things that cannot be seen"Can you imagine the head scratching by the scholars and translaters over that sentence, the debates and arguments over it ?? It is just in our modern day we now know everything is made up of invisible atoms , molecules etc. I am glad the translators and scribes did not change those words. Modern science has proven for us the words were accurate as they were written , and proves words recorded by Moses are accurate , God , who knew all along about atoms wrote it as such. We now should not be changing the words. Our case falls completely apart at that moment.We are entitled to "not understand" many things but we are not to change them to suit ourselves. A day is a day , a thousand is a thousand .Talk laterArnie

Amira

Dec 18, 2007
I have been away for a while (oh, another project... ), but I just wanted to thank everyone for their replies.
smile.gif

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
(Cybella;43210)
Why does being an evolutionist take more faith?
What must be considered is that we have just as much if not more archeological evidence for creation that we do for evolution.We also have the Bible which is proven accurate on a daily basis. This would cover much of the scientific theories where the Bible claims things as facts.The only portions of evolution that can be proven are also proven within the Biblical text, such as micro evolution or adaption.We have the Holy Spirit, some in great abundance and other slightly less, depending on our level of our walk with the Lord. Science only has theories, mans logic, and mans limited understanding of physics, all of which rely on theories and a limited understanding of math.They need plenty of faith to believe in something without proof, while we have plenty of proof for our faith.