Question and Answer Game

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A few snail...and bulk web-mail.

One of the greatest thing I am thankful for, IS; that I believe in the Lord God.

What is a great thing you have put at the head of your list to be thankful for?

I have to say - the revelation of the Father heart of God...for me it was like being saved all over again, it was that powerful . On the natural side..a good, solid and faithful husband. :)

If you could live one day of your life over which day would it be?

Reactions: Taken
B

brakelite

If you could live one day of your life over which day would it be?
Tricky question. My marriage day, and the birthdays of my kids, were likely the most important, but were fraught with consternation, worry, panic, and trepidation. I do not want to live through that again.
One happy, peaceful day I remember was when single and enjoying prefect surf with a friend all day, just the two of us. if you have any idea what surfing is like, with the crowds and the hassles that come with 30 or more people fighting for one wave....Ended the day totally exhausted, but completely satisfied.
Screenshot_2018-10-21-09-30-44.png

Reactions: Taken and Helen

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
At a Church.

Any preachers in your family?
A. Yes my Uncle Jim was a Methodist lay preacher, but he and my aunt were very 'old school'. They owned a grocers shop and he made ice cream but when we visited on a Sunday we weren't allowed to have either ice cream or sweets and we were only allowed to play hymns on their piano and not the other pieces we had learned.

Q. What do you do on Christmas eve?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A. Yes my Uncle Jim was a Methodist lay preacher, but he and my aunt were very 'old school'. They owned a grocers shop and he made ice cream but when we visited on a Sunday we weren't allowed to have either ice cream or sweets and we were only allowed to play hymns on their piano and not the other pieces we had learned.

Q. What do you do on Christmas eve?

Our Tradition is Family gathering.

This Christmas, will any military family members be overseas?

B

brakelite

A. I don't have and family in the armed forces.
Q. What's the nicest present you ever got?
I know you mean Christmas present, but the nicest present was a birthday present...my oldest daughter.

And I forgot to ask a question last post...so...no, not two...do you have close family you won't see this Christmas...if so, feel for you.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A. I don't have and family in the armed forces.
Q. What's the nicest present you ever got?

I typically am the one who takes photos and thus am rarely In the candid photos with my children. I mentioned that to my kids and they pooled their photos, got photos from relatives, copied them all and made an album for me.

And a few years ago, nearly everything we owned was stolen...A few sentimental things, have been replaced as gifts, copies of items that were stolen.

Those are the nicest I would say.

Like the multiple choices of products in the grocery stores?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I know you mean Christmas present, but the nicest present was a birthday present...my oldest daughter.

And I forgot to ask a question last post...so...no, not two...do you have close family you won't see this Christmas...if so, feel for you.
A. On Christmas day it will be just the two of us and maybe a niece for dinner. But my sister usually comes over and has a meal with us a few days beforehand and I shall be going to my daughter's on Christmas eve and my other two children will also come to visit but not on the actual day as they both have their own families. We have spent the last couple of Christmases with my younger daughter and all her grown up kids.

Q. Do you like bacon butties?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I typically am the one who takes photos and thus am rarely In the candid photos with my children. I mentioned that to my kids and they pooled their photos, got photos from relatives, copied them all and made an album for me.

And a few years ago, nearly everything we owned was stolen...A few sentimental things, have been replaced as gifts, copies of items that were stolen.

Those are the nicest I would say.

Like the multiple choices of products in the grocery stores?

A. It is nice to have a wider variety of choice than ever, so yes I do but more often than not stick to what I know and do my grocery shopping online.

Q. Do you have a pet?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
How do you decide which niece to eat?

I probably would, but first,I have no idea what they are, and second,I don't eat pig.
Ah well bacon is 'pig' so you wouldn't. A bacon buttie is a bacon sandwich.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes.
Face-time is our most frequent go to option.

Ever been to an American Indian Reservation?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A. It is nice to have a wider variety of choice than ever, so yes I do but more often than not stick to what I know and do my grocery shopping online.

Q. Do you have a pet?

Yes. A dog that someone dropped off a couple of years ago in secluded woods near our property. He has been with us since.

What is your favorite hobbies?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah well bacon is 'pig' so you wouldn't. A bacon buttie is a bacon sandwich.

Yum!! Yes, Like bacon sandwiches...American toasted BLT is our most often choice for a sandwich.

Is fudge a staple during the Christmas season at your home?

B

brakelite

Ever been to an American Indian Reservation?
No, but have visited and stayed on the NZ equivalent...called Marae. Not a precise equivalent, because the Maori were never forced to live there, but it is their ancestral homeland with traditionally a church,a meeting house where visitors sleep in a communal arrangement, and a dining hall. Always adjacent or nearby to ancestral grave yard.

Are Indian reservations positive environments...read of a lot of issues similar to aboriginesin Australia.FB_IMG_1576062470797.jpg

B

brakelite

No...Pavalova log. Similar to a jam sponge roll but mirangue instead wrapped around fruit with toasted coconut all around.

Are visitors coming to you, or are you visiting?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, but have visited and stayed on the NZ equivalent...called Marae. Not a precise equivalent, because the Maori were never forced to live there, but it is their ancestral homeland with traditionally a church,a meeting house where visitors sleep in a communal arrangement, and a dining hall. Always adjacent or nearby to ancestral grave yard.

Awesome.

Are Indian reservations positive environments...read of a lot of issues similar to aboriginesin Australia.

I think anywhere a tribe, clan, likeness of people homestead, gather, to THEM is positive, regardless of what outsiders think.

Have you ever participated in a pie/food eating contest?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No...Pavalova log. Similar to a jam sponge roll but mirangue instead wrapped around fruit with toasted coconut all around.

Are visitors coming to you, or are you visiting?

Been traveling in an RV last few years, so we have been the "visitors" for holidays, that include a typical table sit together meal.
Do have property and entertain for a day long more casual gathering and can accommodate overnighters and their pets.

Are you more of a home-body or on the go Person?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yum!! Yes, Like bacon sandwiches...American toasted BLT is our most often choice for a sandwich.

I love fudge. (reading another post it made it seem like fudge is a dessert but over here it is a sweet ie candy)

Do you prefer sweet or savoury snacks?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I love fudge. (reading another post it made it seem like fudge is a dessert but over here it is a sweet ie candy)

Do you prefer sweet or savoury snacks?

To me, dessert is not part of an evening meal, but rather something eaten after the meal...from a formal cake or a brownie with ice cream and fruit or a couple of chocolates, pudding or more informal candy bar or cookies.

I like both, depends on what I have on hand.

Music, TV or conversation during supper?