Question and Answer Game

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A. Yes my Uncle Jim was a Methodist lay preacher, but he and my aunt were very 'old school'. They owned a grocers shop and he made ice cream but when we visited on a Sunday we weren't allowed to have either ice cream or sweets and we were only allowed to play hymns on their piano and not the other pieces we had learned.

Q. What do you do on Christmas eve?

Me too Pat, all our family going back until 1159 have had a pastor in the family. Family trees are fascinating. :)

On Christmas eve my daughter started the Flemish idea , and now it is a tradition... giving books wrapped in plain brown paper. ( After going to the late night service)

At what point did you stop believing in 'Father Christmas'...and who told you it was not true? :)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Me too Pat, all our family going back until 1159 have had a pastor in the family. Family trees are fascinating. :)

On Christmas eve my daughter started the Flemish idea , and now it is a tradition... giving books wrapped in plain brown paper. ( After going to the late night service)

At what point did you stop believing in 'Father Christmas'...and who told you it was not true? :)
My sister and I had heard rumours at school when I was about ten or eleven, so one Christmas we searched the house when our parents were out and found stuff on the top shelf of the high cupboard - we must have been like monkeys to get up to it. And then they were there on Christmas morning so we just knew then that the rumours were true.

Q. What is your favourite musical?

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My sister and I had heard rumours at school when I was about ten or eleven, so one Christmas we searched the house when our parents were out and found stuff on the top shelf of the high cupboard - we must have been like monkeys to get up to it. And then they were there on Christmas morning so we just knew then that the rumours were true.

The Sound Of Music!
Q. Favorite flower

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Well if it can be called a musical...as it's lots of singing...LOL
It has the be Michael Caine and "The Muppets Christmas Carol." I watch it every Christmas and love it...it's very touching.
( or #2 the light opera "The Mikado"...I love that too... ) Most film ones aren't my favourite ...maybe "White Christmas" , love that.

What is the very first thing that you do when Spring arrives?

Reactions: Pearl

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Sound Of Music!
Q. Favorite flower

I guess I am just boring, and have to say A White Rose. But I do LOVE the tiny violet too.

What do you usually like to do on a long , hot , summer evening .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Well if it can be called a musical...as it's lots of singing...LOL
It has the be Michael Caine and "The Muppets Christmas Carol." I watch it every Christmas and love it...it's very touching.
( or #2 the light opera "The Mikado"...I love that too... ) Most film ones aren't my favourite ...maybe "White Christmas" , love that.

What is the very first thing that you do when Spring arrives?
A. I look forward to having my first outdoor cuppa of the year, either at home or in town.

Q. Do you shop for things online?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I guess I am just boring, and have to say A White Rose. But I do LOVE the tiny violet too.

A. I love to sit out with a drink and someone to chat to.

Q. What gets you really angry?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since I hate the humidity here, stay inside with the air on or, go to the lake and be refreshed by the breeze, also a wonderful place to pray.
Q. Cursive or print?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
A. I look forward to having my first outdoor cuppa of the year, either at home or in town.

Q. Do you shop for things online?

I only buy Video's on Amazon on line. I am one of those wimpy people who hate putting my credit card on line!! hahah
So no, not really. ( Good question though...)

Do you plan to go away for a vacation this year , or not?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Since I hate the humidity here, stay inside with the air on or, go to the lake and be refreshed by the breeze, also a wonderful place to pray.
Q. Cursive or print?

I am always cursive...Dave is always print. No idea why he does that!! LOL

Do you sleep with any 'white noise' or water sounds etc?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am always cursive...Dave is always print. No idea why he does that!! LOL

Do you sleep with any 'white noise' or water sounds etc?

No, but wouldn't mind rain as white noise.
Q. Minimalism or nick knacks and decorations all over the walls?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My attitude at times!
Q. Like camping in a tent?

Never ever been, but I am sure I would hate it...I hate any creepy crawlies...so wouldn't be able to sleep thinking of them! :D

(Pat has good questions I am running out of them ...)

Did you ever have long pigtails ( or loose hair) right down to your waist as a child.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never ever been, but I am sure I would hate it...I hate any creepy crawlies...so wouldn't be able to sleep thinking of them! :D

Did you ever have long pigtails ( or loose hair) right down to your waist as a child.

Ha! Never...our dad cut our hair and we all seemed to look the same :eek:
I too am pretty much out of questions.
Q. Text or talk?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, but wouldn't mind rain as white noise.
Q. Minimalism or nick knacks and decorations all over the walls?

I've gone minimal now the grandkids have all grown...but I used to have loads of photo's everywhere....I only have one of our last dog now. I say goodnight to him as he is by my bed. ( will there be animals in heaven...thats what I want to know :D )
So, for me, less is more...even with my Christmas decorations this year.

Can you still cut your toe nails without an effort like you used to.
( mine is more like gymnastics these days :D)

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

A. As a child I had very long hair which I wore in plaits mostly or ringlets for special occasions - I hated having the rags put in and having to sleep on them.

Q. What did you buy with your first week's wage? Mine was £3 and I bought a paper nylon sticky-out petticoat for my sister.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ha! Never...our dad cut our hair and we all seemed to look the same :eek:
I too am pretty much out of questions.
Q. Text or talk?

Now THAT is funny!!! :D
Talking every time...some days I can't stop LOL

Do you have eggs and bacon as a breakfast , or as a meal during the daytime?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've gone minimal now the grandkids have all grown...but I used to have loads of photo's everywhere....I only have one of our last dog now. I say goodnight to him as he is by my bed. ( will there be animals in heaven...thats what I want to know :D )
So, for me, less is more...even with my Christmas decorations this year.

Can you still cut your toe nails without an effort like you used to.
( mine is more like gymnastics these days :D)

Very difficult as I can only bend so far now, I end up cutting my skin allot. (And, YES, I do believe there will be animals in Heaven...("the lion laid down with the lamb...")
Q. What book are you reading right now (if any)