Question and Answer Game

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we never watch "TV" either.
What I do is to pick our favourite British shows and watch them on DVD.
We have been in Canada 43 years...but we were in our 30's when we left England ...so our roots are 'back there'. NOT the England which now is...but the lovely England before the 70's. It is ruined now. ( no more comment there! :) )

I said all that to say...our Screen time is mostly re-watches. :)
The upside of being old is ...it is always new...we can't ever remember the plot!!!!

The beauty of buying our DVD'S is that we always choose no sex, no language , with very little violence. We just finished re-watching "Jonathon Creek " it's a fun mystery series. You will have never heard of that. :D

You can see, I also write "books". LOL

City dweller or country?

We have some older dvds we like also.... Mamas family and Andy Griffet. Sanford and Son. :D

We live in a small town which isn't big city or out in the middle of nowhere. I love it. As far as preference, I am from Houston, Texas, but never liked living there. I love the country far better. Just because you are born in an oven, doesn't make you a turkey!

Do you like to be in pictures? My husband hates to, but I am a ham.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you like to be in pictures? My husband hates to, but I am a ham.

I like to be in photo's mainly for the memory it triggers when looking back through them. David is usually grumpy and sighs when asked to stand still for a photo. But, he photographs well, and I don't !!!! :)

Is your husband good at remembering dates, birthdays , anniversaries etc?

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I like to be in photo's mainly for the memory it triggers when looking back through them. David is usually grumpy and sighs when asked to stand still for a photo. But, he photographs well, and I don't !!!! :)

Is your husband good at remembering dates, birthdays , anniversaries etc?

Oh yes! And ironically I am not. Lol. But I remeber everything with baby girl, and ironically he doesn't. :D

O you have fur babies?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
O you have fur babies?

The only furry thing we have is a 8 3/4 year old black Lab.
... recycled from a breeding kennel.
Lived in a barn until she was 4 with many other breed dogs :(
She had never seen stairs and had to learn. She was terrified of busses or trucks passing her...she has come a long way in the 'almost' five years.
She cannot stand us out of her site..and will never stay alone.

We've always had dogs ...love 'em.

Are you a heavy sleeper or do you dream?

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, we never watch "TV" either.
What I do is to pick our favourite British shows and watch them on DVD.
We have been in Canada 43 years...but we were in our 30's when we left England ...so our roots are 'back there'. NOT the England which now is...but the lovely England before the 70's. It is ruined now. ( no more comment there! :) )

I said all that to say...our Screen time is mostly re-watches. :)
The upside of being old is ...it is always new...we can't ever remember the plot!!!!

The beauty of buying our DVD'S is that we always choose no sex, no language , with very little violence. We just finished re-watching "Jonathon Creek " it's a fun mystery series. You will have never heard of that. :D

You can see, I also write "books". LOL

City dweller or country?
Do you have cable? I pay 10 bucks per month for PUREFLIX
...don't watch allot but if I do, it is all clean and Christian ♥
My heart is still in the country but, God had other plans for me...am in the city now.

Pasta or meat and potatoes?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm hard choice Nancy! I say pasta!!!!

Did you go to your high school prom?

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Instruments-stringed, horns or keys :D

Nancy...that question is too hard for me...it goes over my head?
Oh, Dah...:rolleyes: I have finally got it, you mean musical instruments.
( I work in a doctors office LOL)

I'd pick keys every time...love the piano.

Q... What is the first thing to you 'check out' when meeting someone new..
Hair, Eyes or teeth ?

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nancy...that question is too hard for me...it goes over my head?
Oh, Dah...:rolleyes: I have finally got it, you mean musical instruments.
( I work in a doctors office LOL)

I'd pick keys every time...love the piano.

Q... What is the first thing to you 'check out' when meeting someone new..
Hair, Eyes or teeth ?
What was the fastest answer to prayer you can remember?

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Fastest. Hmmmm. I am unsure about that one, but when I was in college, we had no car, and I was walking to work to McDonald's and catching rides to college. Well my mom told me this prayer she had. She told God it didn't have to be a Cadillac, but we really needed a car and to please give us one. The very next day, my aunt called my mom up and said that she got a new Lexus and wanted to give us her old Cadillac (which wasn't old really at all). This car lasted us for a very long time. Just specifically how mom prayed and we got a Cadillac, because God can. That was pretty amazing.

What is your favorite movie?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What is your favorite movie?

My favourite Movie of all time is Michael Cain and Maggie Smith in "Curtain Call". It's an old one now...but we love it. In fact we love anything Michael Cain. ( as you can tell, we are very into British actors LOL )

What is your favourite month of the year?

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My favourite Movie of all time is Michael Cain and Maggie Smith in "Curtain Call". It's an old one now...but we love it. In fact we love anything Michael Cain. ( as you can tell, we are very into British actors LOL )

What is your favourite month of the year?

Hmmm probably December. I love Christmas and going to see the lights, the snow, and Christmas caroling. It is going to be even more fun now with our daughter.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine was a split second.... from about eight miles away. My wife "saw" me being crushed, and shot out a "Flash Prayer." The same moment, a 250 pound load was thrown off to my side as I fell backward from a truck with my arms wrapped around that piece of machinery. I landed on my back, and it hurt some. But the load never touched me. It was like something pulled it out of my arms.

It happened so fast, I didn't even have time to think of praying, myself.

Reactions: Mayflower and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mine was a split second.... from about eight miles away. My wife "saw" me being crushed, and shot out a "Flash Prayer." The same moment, a 250 pound load was thrown off to my side as I fell backward from a truck with my arms wrapped around that piece of machinery. I landed on my back, and it hurt some. But the load never touched me. It was like something pulled out of my arms.

It happened so fas t, I didn't even have time to think of praying, myself.

Whoa- Guess He's not done with you yet! Glad you were okay.

Reactions: Willie T

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whoa- Guess He's not done with you yet! Glad you were okay.
Well, I have no idea why He isn't. Just last night, I lay in bed and my mind went back over at least 100 incidences of times that I did something REALLY bad. I sure don't deserve to be still living.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:
Reactions: Willie T

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who here still follow the faith they grew up in, if any at all.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Who here still follow the faith they grew up in, if any at all.

Not sure that I quite understand that question.
The faith /denomination that I grew up in was the Church of England and the Brethren Church...then into the Methodist.
While in all three I had no faith of my own, but those are the places I was taken until I was 15.
So , no...I did not stick with the faith I grew up in.

Later at 23 I joined a Holiness Mission where I got saved.
Was there 10 years, but did not stick with that....

Was that the answers you were after? :)

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure that I quite understand that question.
The faith /denomination that I grew up in was the Church of England and the Brethren Church...then into the Methodist.
While in all three I had no faith of my own, but those are the places I was taken until I was 15.
So , no...I did not stick with the faith I grew up in.

Later at 23 I joined a Holiness Mission where I got saved.
Was there 10 years, but did not stick with that....

Was that the answers you were after? :)
Sure, yes, it does answer my Q. Just wondering because I was raised Catholic and, pretty much all of my cousins, Aunts and Uncles, are still Catholic and according to some, they are still practicing (mostly not tho) Catholicism-BECAUSE they were raised that way and, would never think of leaving their church. Kind of like, well, I was raised this way and will die this way. All of my siblings have become saved through an assembly of God church...but the cousins etc. are Catholic in name only and do not truly know Jesus. I have a friend who, when I try to bring up the Lord, she gets stiff and just say's "I'm Catholic" cannot talk about Jesus with her... ♥ Kk...must feed 3 dogs now! See ya's later!

Reactions: Helen