Question For JW's

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jesus was created by Jehovah as the archangel Michael before the physical world existed, and is a lesser, though mighty, god.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that when Jesus was born on earth, he was a mere human and not God in human flesh.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jesus was resurrected spiritually from the dead, but not physically in a body
Really?

Luke 24
39 Behold My hands and My feet, that it is I Myself. Handle Me and see, for a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see I have."
40 When He had said this, He showed them His hands and His feet.
Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the second coming was an invisible, spiritual event that occurred in the year 1914.
1914? lol
Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the Holy Spirit is an impersonal cosmic or life force of God and not a distinct person.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe there are two peoples of God: (1) the Anointed Class (144,000) will live in heaven and rule with Christ; and (2) the “other sheep” (all other believers) will live forever on a paradise earth.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe hell is not a place of eternal suffering but is rather the common grave of humankind. The wicked are annihilated—snuffed out of conscious existence forever.
Thanks! I would like to hear more if you know more about JW doctrines.

Last edited:
Reactions: Behold

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do JW's believe you are gods who will rule over non JW's in God's eternal Kingdom?

Comments from non JW's welcome.
I'm not a JW ... the official JW belief is that ONLY 144,000 will receive a heavenly reward, using Revelation 7 as their proof text. They believe that the 144,00 will receive immortality and be like God. They will rule over mankind for 1,000 years.

RR

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... there's nothing to be gained from debating a JW: you're not going to change their mind and they aren't going to change yours. Such only cause amenity.
I tend to agree, however that can be said of any denomination. I personally have found when they can no longer refute the scriptural evidence presented to you, they shut down and the conversation ends.

Most JW's don't like to be enlightened, because when they are, they have to admit that what they have been taught and believed all their life is a lie.

RR

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not a JW and extremely not a fan of JW beliefs.

That being said, there's nothing to be gained from debating a JW: you're not going to change their mind and they aren't going to change yours. Such only cause amenity.
But it can be quite revealing. One JW here says our Bibles are Satanic. And it does generate conversation. lol

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't know "non denominational believe in 'Universalism'.
Being Non-denominational simply means being independent of mainline churches; it doesn’t adhere to the man-made traditions and doctrines favored by the major churches. It means not be restricted to a single religious denomination. It can refer to any faith, including Jainism, Baháʼí Faith, Zoroastrianism, Unitarian Universalism, Neo-Paganism, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, and Wicca. In the context of Christianity, non-denominational churches are not tied to any specific religious organization, leadership, or hierarchy. They seek to practice a unique approach to traditional Christian worship.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll meet Him soon. Ask Him why He said:

Matthew 25
41 Then He will also say to those on the left hand, 'Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
But if the Devil's home is hell, wouldn't he be right at home?

RR

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They believe in two salvations. One heavenly, the other earthly. 144,000 are chosen from earth (yes made up of JW's) who will reign over the earth with Jesus.
So, Christians go to Heaven and JW's stay on earth?

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Do JW's believe you are gods who will rule over non JW's in God's eternal Kingdom?"

No answers from JW's yet!
You'll probably never get a direct answer from them. So let me ask you. You believe Christians go to heaven? Do you believe that Christians shall be like Jesus when they get to heaven? (1 John 3:2) Does not the Scriptures teach Christians who go to heaven will receive immortality? (1 Timothy 6:16; 1 Cor. 15:53, 54) Then doesn't that mean they'll be God's in their own right?

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You'll probably never get a direct answer from them. So let me ask you. You believe Christians go to heaven?
When? Lazarus was in a place of comfort after he died. After the return of Jesus? His eternal Kingdom will be on Earth.
Do you believe that Christians shall be like Jesus when they get to heaven? (1 John 3:2) Does not the Scriptures teach Christians who go to heaven will receive immortality? (1 Timothy 6:16; 1 Cor. 15:53, 54)
I really don't think the Bible tells us precisely. We will be "like Him" in some ways, but we certainly won't be God.

1 John 3
2 Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is.
Then doesn't that mean they'll be God's in their own right?
God's? There's only one God.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jesus was created by Jehovah as the archangel Michael before the physical world existed, and is a lesser, though mighty, god.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that when Jesus was born on earth, he was a mere human and not God in human flesh.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that Jesus was resurrected spiritually from the dead, but not physically in a body

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the second coming was an invisible, spiritual event that occurred in the year 1914.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe that the Holy Spirit is an impersonal cosmic or life force of God and not a distinct person.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe there are two peoples of God: (1) the Anointed Class (144,000) will live in heaven and rule with Christ; and (2) the “other sheep” (all other believers) will live forever on a paradise earth.

Jehovah’s Witnesses believe hell is not a place of eternal suffering but is rather the common grave of humankind. The wicked are annihilated—snuffed out of conscious existence forever.
According to your analysis given, jws do not believe the Holy Scriptures and they do not worship the True Living God.