QUESTION: Virgin Mary, Holy Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rene Asologuitar

Feb 5, 2022
Seattle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi!
Can you help me unrstand why I am being bashed after posting Salve Regina under "Praise Forum".
Thank you for your help.
Rene

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi!
Can you help me unrstand why I am being bashed after posting Salve Regina under "Praise Forum".
Thank you for your help.
Rene
Hey Rene,

You are being bashed because the Salve Regina is to Catholic like. You are on a Protestant forum that doesn't praise the Mother of God like He did.

Mary

Reactions: Rene Asologuitar

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi!
Thank you for your help.
Rene

Protestantism saw Mary worship for what it was, Worship of Semiramis, the "queen of heaven" of the Babylonian religion, which makes Jesus to be Tammuz. Do some research on this to understand this point.

Is Mary Blessed? Yes. Do protestants in general underesteem Mary? Yes. But she is not to be worshipped or prayed to. Just as no true saint of God would want to be prayed to or worshipped in their life nor in their life to come, for they know All glory belongs to Christ Jesus by whose Blood we overcome. All who wish to place themselves as an intermediary between God and man are usurpers of the Authority of Christ Jesus who is the ONLY mediator between God and man, that includes a Catholic Pope, the queen of heaven, or a Protestant preacher.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; (1 Timothy 2:5)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s a giant factory that produces nothing but millions of fundamentalists!

there job one is accuse! bash! Beat you over the head with the Bible alone!

pride presumption and arrogance are the high virtues of the camp of heretics!

be happy that your in the communion of saints!

Remember we are not called to be successful only faithful!

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There’s a giant factory that produces nothing but millions of fundamentalists!

Just like there is a giant factory (Parochial schools, Jesuit and otherwise) that produce a bunch of Catholic Apologists that quote the dogma of the Catholic church devoid of free thought and self criticism.

;)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like there is a giant factory (Parochial schools, Jesuit and otherwise) that produce a bunch of Catholic Apologists that quote the dogma of the Catholic church devoid of free thought and self criticism.

;)

I wish!

where does the Bible sanction freethinkers?

Unity of faith can only have one arbiter of truth and the same faith!

Who is the arbiter of truth!

You can decide.
You can decide what is true.
You can decide what is truth.
You can decide right and wrong.

Not one of these are found in scripture!

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19
Instruction is found 33

Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Colossians 2:7
Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!
Matt 28:19-20 Lk 1:4 Jn 20:21 acts 8:31 Rom 1:5 col 2:7 1 Tim 3:15
matt 18:17

Christ and His church are one! acts 9:4 Acts 5:32 Jn 15:1-5

Reactions: David H.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 14:6 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Lk 1:4 That thou mightest know the certainty of those things, wherein thou hast been instructed.

Matt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Acts 8:31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught…

Matt 18:17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.

1 Tim 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

Truth must be revealed by God, and in its fullness in the sacred deposit of faith by Christ to his church! Eph 4:5 Jude 1:3 and must be taught by the church, or proposed for our belief by the apostles!

I think we both agree with John 14:6, Jesus is the truth. It is in knowing Him personally that we come to know the truth. The role of the church, the Apostles, the prophets is for the perfecting of the saints. Ephesians 4:11-16. A saint does not need a church, a priest, a prophet to teach them as they are taught by the Spirit of truth.... This is what I mean by free thinking.

How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Psalm 119:103)

We have liberty in Christ Jesus, not captivity to dogma of a church. Until you come to see this in your life, you will forever be captive to the Nicolaitanism of the institutional church, and never realize that you are member of the Body of Christ which is vibrant and free and alive in the Spirit.

but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Ephesians 4:15-16)

My Hope and prayer is that you will come to see this one day, soon. I Love the institutional churches by whatever stripe they come in so long as they are pointing to Christ Jesus as the way the truth and the life, I also know as institutions of men they are all flawed as to "err is Human", and I Know that life and liberty come with the Spirit, and dwelling in the arms of our savior, not in the walls of a building made with human hands.

Do You understand what I am saying?

Jesus is The Lord.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we both agree with John 14:6, Jesus is the truth. It is in knowing Him personally that we come to know the truth. The role of the church, the Apostles, the prophets is for the perfecting of the saints. Ephesians 4:11-16. A saint does not need a church, a priest, a prophet to teach them as they are taught by the Spirit of truth.... This is what I mean by free thinking.

How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mouth! (Psalm 119:103)

We have liberty in Christ Jesus, not captivity to dogma of a church. Until you come to see this in your life, you will forever be captive to the Nicolaitanism of the institutional church, and never realize that you are member of the Body of Christ which is vibrant and free and alive in the Spirit.

but speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ: From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love. (Ephesians 4:15-16)

My Hope and prayer is that you will come to see this one day, soon. I Love the institutional churches by whatever stripe they come in so long as they are pointing to Christ Jesus as the way the truth and the life, I also know as institutions of men they are all flawed as to "err is Human", and I Know that life and liberty come with the Spirit, and dwelling in the arms of our savior, not in the walls of a building made with human hands.

Do You understand what I am saying?

Jesus is The Lord.

Matt 16:18-19 shall not prevail
Jn 8:32 truth
Jn 16:13 without error

must be taught or instructed
Lk 1:4 Matt 28:19 acts 8:31

You can decide.

Not one of these are found in scripture!

Found in scripture!
Taught is found 79 times
Instructed is found 19
Instruction is found 33

Church or communion of saints is required!

1 Corinthians 12:13
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You can decide.

The Holy Spirit is the arbiter of truth in us (God with us, Emmanuel). 1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit is the arbiter of truth in us (God with us, Emmanuel). 1 John 2:27 But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

then why do you all teach contradictory doctrines

Why is John teaching them?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

then we don’t need a Bible do we?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then why do you all teach contradictory doctrines
Because Liberty breeds plurality, not uniformity to Dogma. Unity comes with the perfecting of the saints.... many members one body In Christ. The diversity is all part of God's plan for the church to enable them to overcome Human pride (Original sin).

Why is John teaching them?
Because they were still "children of the faith" (1 John 2:1)

then we don’t need a Bible do we?
That is ridiculous to say.... Infants need milk until they can digest meat. (1 Corinthians 3:1-4)

Can you digest the meat of the Word? Or are you still suckling on "mother church"?

David H.

Aug 25, 2020
michigan
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God does not want automatons, but free thinkers who have submitted their will to His will, freely and willingly, under no fear.