question

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
clouds represent this world, here. there are no clouds inside those pearly gates. visions are for things to come,and for all.dreams are for you.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
gregg;73585]clouds represent this world said:
Hi Gregg, Why do you say "clouds represent this world?" I ask because.... Revelation 1:7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced Him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.I don't believe they are literal clouds but still wonder about your statement.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
if your visions have clouds in them it is telling you of things pertaining to here this world,earth.clouds is a symble for the time or place your vision will take place

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
gregg;73595]if your visions have clouds in them it is telling you of things pertaining to here this world said:
I see...it pertains to visions. I don't have them so wouldn't know. But, thank you for your reply....I too am from Alabama. It is a pleasure to meet you. :)

Christian Commando

Nov 8, 2007
Well hold on, lets back up a sec here. what was spoken in a much earlier responce was true, that if visions/dreams are of God, they will show to be inline with His Word. This goes for the symbolic representations of things seen in those visions/dreams. For instance- "Clouds" That Scripture related to of Christ "returning in the clouds", is given by the Scripture that declares He will return with 10,000s of His Saints. (The clouds in one, represent the ressurrected Saints surrounding Him as He bodily returns.) Why? Rev. 19 shows how, just before He returns, the "wedding of the Lamb to His Bride" takes place. What happens? The "Bride"- (every Believer), is given beautiful, fine white linen clothing to wear. Thus, because of this, it looks as tho, when those still on Earth see Jesus bodily returning, He is surrounded by "clouds", even tho are really the "Body of Christ" surrounding Him. But now, because a Scripture that describes the Rapture as Christ meeting us in the "clouds", these are literal "clouds" in the atmosphere around earth. thus, those "clouds" , are symbolic of Christ being surrounded by His Saints at the calling of them to meet him there. As such, anytime any vision/dream is to be interpreted, the whole picture of such a thing must be considered, from all aspects seen in it, to clarify what the actual focal point of it is. Walls- Also- realize, according to descriptions of visions shared, there were no clearly depicted "walls" as is given by Jesus to John in Rev. about the "New Jerusalem". Therefore, if this really was Jesus, He was actually then, standing at the "Gate" to God's Heaven, not the "New Jerusalem." The "New Jerusalem" is not Heaven, it is a "New City". For God declares after the GWTJ, He will replace the old Heaven with a new one, an old Earth with a new one and the old Jerusalem with a new one. All 3 are distinctly shown as seperate things, thus must be kept as such. Thus, unless God declares the "Gates" to Heaven are made of pearls, that question would fit. but since that also relates to the Gates of the "New Jerusalem", it could not have been Jesus standing at the "Gates" of that "new City". As such, every aspect of any vision that is of God, needs to be interpreted thru God's word, by virtue of the usage of any given symbolic points, in relation to how God used them in His Word. In that respect, people can more easily understand the meanings behind specific aspects they see, catch thier attention, actions done, objects viewed or seen used etc in them. This includes objects, material things, people, creatures, events witnessed, etc. Now... while God has gifted me with "Discernment", that does not mean I can interprete any and all dreams. But only those, of which God, by the Holy Spirit, opens up understanding to me, thru prayer and reading and studying Scriptures. While God has lead me to interpete many dreams/visions over the years, I've only been able to do that which God has taught me about, thru prayer and from His word, as the Holy spirit has revealed what God has chosen for me to understand. God Bless!!

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
no way do clouds represent saints.should we say the clouds of christ instead of the body of christ or the cloud instead of the church / clouds of god or sons of god which is it?

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
gregg;73605 said:
no way do clouds represent saints.should we say the clouds of christ instead of the body of christ or the cloud instead of the church / clouds of god or sons of god which is it?
Gregg....Commando has a valid point. I too believe they are the elect returning with Him. They are the "clouds of witnesses" Paul spoke of.

gregg

Oct 16, 2009
arab
sure thing there are clouds of witnesses but, clouds don't always represent witnesses.the topic was a golden gate resting on a cloud in a vision, how we got here is your guess.

Im4GOD

Sep 13, 2009
Well it wasn't just a gate on the clouds I also saw JESUS on the clouds in a seperate vision about 3 times I also saw JESUS standing in an archway made of angels on clouds with a mass amount of people around me

Christian Commando

Nov 8, 2007
God's Word teaches us, when Christ prepares to return, the Saints are gathered from the 4 corners, which means the 4 corners of Heaven, for in Rev. a "wedding" in Heaven of the "Bride" to the "Lamb" occurs right before that return. And as mentioned, they are given gorgeous beautiful bright white raiment to wear for the wedding. Fact is tho, Saints of the past, up to the present are already in Heaven with the Trinity. Therefore, what that vision means of Christ on the clouds surrounded by Saints, could refer to now, or possibly after the Rapture. There has to be a Rapture, because there are numerous references of the "Body of Christ" in Heaven before Christ's Return, with the last one refering to that wedding. So, more indepth study would have to be done about details of that vision to understand its meaning. Not always do visions of Christ have to do with future events such as Christ's unfinished work for man and this physical world. I've known some to refer to helping to show a strengthening of faith and Service for Him thru someone being assured by Christ of a position or level of Service someone may be called for. God Bless!!

sniper762

Sep 5, 2007
many dream dreams and see visions. the truth in the devinity of their origin lies within those that BELIEVE it.