Questions For A Catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My relies to mcorba in blue.

Quote: Anastacia,

Hey, you say here "Quote: Anastacia," but you didn't quote me anywhere in this post.

Did you argue as vociferously in Favour of Catholicism when you practised it?

- Hey you didnt answer the question, is that because the answer was a resounding Yes?

You didn't see my answer? Here, I'll try to explain it better to you.... I didn't have the Truth, so no, I didn't try to get people to see the Catholic way. When I received the Truth, I must speak up. Like I said in my last post to you.....the time I remember defending the Catholic religion was with the same old denial comment "no, we don't worship Mary."

I m not trying to find ways to be offensive, all I am trying to point out herenis that we often change or shift our views
through life, and this means we have to sometimes question what our own Truth is, at different stages.

I'm not going to stop talking about the Truth. If you don't believe the Truth now, it is important that you have heard it.

No one here doubts the Truth that Christ is our saviour and there is much else we agree on.

The Bible speaks of different Jesus' people can receive. So, I don't think there cam be any agreement like you say.

Did you read the article I gave the link to about a former Catholic priest?

So I wonder what the value of some of the dense, entangled arguments have been, really.

We have differing variations of our own Truths, and yours and mine may never agree.
Does that mean that by my not subscribing to your exact beliefs, that I am not a Christian, in your eyes?

I just cannot comprehend someone having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and staying in the Catholic Church. Now, if a person is still a baby Christian, and is being bothered by being in the Catholic religion, but has not left it yet completely, that I understand. But I do think they will eventually leave it completely. Again, I can't imagine anyone staying in a false religion when they have the Truth living inside them.

mcorba

Aug 7, 2010
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Quote Anastacia:

I'm not going to stop talking about the Truth. If you don't believe the Truth now, it is important that you have heard it.

Anastacia, wow, it really is as I suspected - your concept of what is true for everyone is purely based on what you believe.
This makes you like a fundamentalist, who is not open minded to other views or opinions.

You are claiming to have full possession of the Truth, whilst anyone who disagrees languishes in their delusions.
No wonder we have gotten nowhere in 13 pages trying to discuss issues.

How did you come to be sole proprietor to the truth?
Is it a heavy burden to carry?

Should we just listen to you to have our incorrect views fixed?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
My replies to Templar81 in blue.
Kissing feet is a sign of respect, obediance and love as well as penitance. It doesn't mean you worship the person who's feet you kiss. It is beautifull gesture, what is wrong with it? Peter was the Pricne of the Apostales and it makes sense he should be shown the proper respect
Did you read about what Peter told Cornelius when he fell at Peter's feet in reverence? Peter made him get up, he told him "Stand up!" and he said "I am only a man myself." See Acts 10:26.

and the Pope is the successor of Peter so once again it makes sense that he should be shown the proper respect.
There is no such thing as "successor of Peter" and, the pope should never allow anyone to throw themself at his feet. A Christian would say what Peter said to Cornelius.

About saints, so what if they are rotten and smell a bit, they are still saints. Their bodis arn't desicrated they are treated with honour and the utmost respect.
Do you think it is only respectful to dig up a loved one and put them in a glass box to pray to them?

God has chosen to use these people in both life and death as his vessals as a means of working miracles and to further bring about his kingdom. Wether a saint rots or not is entirely immaterial.
Every dead body rots. The Bible tells us that we return to ashes.

Some staints like Cuthbert never rot, they just dry out a bit like mummies or bog bodies but other rot like anyone else and some take a lot longer to rot. You know when they exumed St Cuthbert about a century and ahalf ago he still ahd his eyes, they were shrivelled but still there. If you don't bliebe this man was holy then read about him in the Ecclesiastical Hsitory of the English people by Bede or the Vita Cancti Cuthberti or Bede's Metrica Vita Cancti Cuthberti.

I can see how into your Catholic religion you are. Did you read the article about the former Roman Catholic priest?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Quote Anastacia:

Anastacia, wow, it really is as I suspected - your concept of what is true is purely based on what you believe.
This makes you a hardcore fundamentalist, who is not open minded to other views or opinions.

You are claiming to have full possession of the Truth, whilst anyone who disagrees languishes in their delusions.
No wonder we have gotten nowhere in 13 pages trying to discuss issues.

How did you come to be sole proprietor to the truth?
Is it a heavy burden to carry?

Should we just listen to you to have our incorrect views fixed?

That is ridiculous for you to think that I am the only one with the Truth. Though the road is narrow....there are people who know the Truth.

I must say, if you are in the Catholic religion, then you are being a hypocrite here, because Catholic religion says they are the only church with the fullness of God.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
That is ridiculous for you to think that I am the only one with the Truth. Though the road is narrow....there are people who know the Truth.

I must say, if you are in the Catholic religion, then you are being a hypocrite here, because Catholic religion says they are the only church with the fullness of God.

Do you have the fullness of God?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
That is not the question I asked. I asked, "Do you have the fullness of God?"

I've asked you a question first when I asked if you would read the article about the former Catholic priest. It's not a long article. Won't you please read the article and then discuss it with me?

And you never even answered my other question I asked, and that is if you looked at the videos of the decayed "saints" being venerated?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
I've asked you a question first when I asked if you would read the article about the former Catholic priest. It's not a long article. Won't you please read the article and then discuss it with me?

And you never even answered my other question I asked, and that is if you looked at the videos of the decayed "saints" being venerated?

First of all, Anastacia, I have already seen those weblinks you posted of former Catholic priests. They all come from anti-Catholics. There are more Catholic priests in the Catholic Church who have not left the Catholic Church. If what that former Catholic priest is saying is true, there should be a mass exodus of Catholic priests all over the world. Instead, there in an increase of Catholic priests and seminarians espeically in Africa and Asia. As for the decayed saints, I have seen it already as well. That does not shock me. The bodies of loved ones who passed away is not evil in my eyes. Apparantly, in your eyes those bodies are evil. The body of my mother who passed away is not evil in my eyes and neither are those who lost their loved ones. If you want to call bodies of everyone's loved ones evil....so right ahead. A day will come when one of your loved one will die and you will see their remains put in the earth before your eyes too.

Now, do you have the fullness of God.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Do you think it is only respectful to dig up a loved one and put them in a glass box to pray to them?

I would be immensely proud to have a saint in the family, so no I woudln't mind, but since it takes years and years to get people canonised I can't see it happenning plus unl;ess you are Roman Catholic or Orthodox it is very difficult to get canonized even if you did have the miracles and lived a holy life and could command bears to bring you firewood and birds to bring your food.

Every dead body rots. The Bible tells us that we return to ashes.

Some rot and some don't. Not rotting is just one sign amoung many. Some had the flesh boiled off their bones like Thomas Aquinas, so that they could be put in anossiary. I keep telling you St Cuthbert didn't rot., so no! not everyone rots. Returning to the earth refers to the fact that our lvies on earth are short and we will die bodily. If they don't rot then it is a sign of holiness and wether a body rots or not it has returned to the earth.

If we all return litterally to the earth then how do you explain cremation?

I can see how into your Catholic religion you are.

Thank you!. I do like the Catholic religion but would it surprise you to learn that I'm not actually a ROMAN Catholic at all.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
First of all, Anastacia, I have already seen those weblinks you posted of former Catholic priests. They all come from anti-Catholics. There are more Catholic priests in the Catholic Church who have not left the Catholic Church. If what that former Catholic priest is saying is true, there should be a mass exodus of Catholic priests all over the world. Instead, there in an increase of Catholic priests and seminarians espeically in Africa and Asia. As for the decayed saints, I have seen it already as well. That does not shock me. The bodies of loved ones who passed away is not evil in my eyes. Apparantly, in your eyes those bodies are evil. The body of my mother who passed away is not evil in my eyes and neither are those who lost their loved ones. If you want to call bodies of everyone's loved ones evil....so right ahead. A day will come when one of your loved one will die and you will see their remains put in the earth before your eyes too.

Now, do you have the fullness of God.

I'm not going to answer any questions you have for me. You lied about looking at the link I gave. And you lie and twist what I say. I didn't say dead bodies of loved ones are evil. It is evil what the Catholics do with the dead bodies. Since you lie and twist, don't ask me questions.

And for the curse you tried to put on me here---everyone can see who is evil.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
No where in the Bible does it tell anyone to either dig up decayed bodies, nor place them in glass caskets, nor to venerate them with bows, kisses, or incense. You can't look at the displays of the dead and decayed bodies and see for yourself how evil it is?

Anastacia, the above is from your post. Anyone who has ever been to a funeral always looks at a dead body. There is nothing evil about the deceased of a loved one nor is there anything evil about looking at it. If you REALLY feel that it's the practice that is evil, then your statement should have been written in this way, "the veneration of dead saints and relics is evil."The fact that you did NOT word it that way shows your real feelings.

What curse? Are you telling me that all your loved ones will live on earth forever? The fact that you call our loved ones who have passed away as evil says more about you.

I'm not going to answer any questions you have for me.

You won't answer a Yes or No question? :lol: All I asked if "Do you have the fullness of God?" that requires only a "yes" or "no." If you cannot answer that question about yourself, why should any Catholic listen to you?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Here then, Selene, here are some pictures what the Catholics do---they exume decayed bodies of people who died and were buried. They put the decayed bodies in glass caskets to be prayed to, bowed to, and kissed.

3saint.jpg

truthquest

May 23, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After a fashion, though, each church makes this assumption; everyone assumes their own interpretation at least to to some degree to be the correct one (otherwise, why would they believe it?), or at least the "best" reflection of the truth. It may sound condescending when it's actually articulated, but the viewpoint that "these people with whom I don't agree are close enough/agree on the essentials," is virtually the only way a unity can be structured in a heterogeneous group. If you think about, when you say that "all who seek to do with will of our Father in Heaven are my brothers and sisters," you're saying something fairly similar; those whose beliefs with which I do not agree entirely/exactly still follow enough of the same belief to be considered my brothers and sisters.
No, I don't believe it's similar. First of all, I didn't say that only my church has the fullness of the gospel and that the other churches have enough of the truth to be Christian. There is a big difference between what I said and this statement. I really believe that we need to stop making claims about and arguing over who or what church is the greatest here on earth.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Here then, Selene, here are some pictures what the Catholics do---they exume decayed bodies of people who died and were buried. They put the decayed bodies in glass caskets to be prayed to, bowed to, and kissed.

Is that any different when police officers exhume dead bodies because new evidence came up in the crime? Is that any different from what your people do to the ancient dead people and animals that I see in your museums in the United States. Did you also not put them on display and kept them well-guarded? When Mary Magdaline and the other women went to the tomb of Jesus to annoint His dead body (despite the fact that the body was already sealed in the tomb) any different?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
So, you have a picture of a dead saint and people are looking at it. You want to explain why you have bones of human and animal artifacts in glass cases of your museums and people looking at them? What is the difference?

Of course, you cannot explain the difference. What do I expect from someone who cannot even answer a question that requires a "yes" or "no" answer? :)

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
So, you have a picture of a dead saint and people are looking at it. You want to explain why you have bones of human and animal artifacts in glass cases of your museums and people looking at them? What is the difference?

The Catholics dig up buried remains of "saints" to be venerated. And this is normal to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.