Questions For A Catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Quote: You are in a religion that follows doctrines taught by demons -

Selene, it feels like we arguing with a bunch of demons!

How did the RCC kill off the true church, please do explain....

(I await more long, somewhat vague quotes about the Truth...)

----

Quote: You just have to throw in a rude comment to me.

Anastacia, its not rude to say you constantly keep telling us what the Truth is without realising how pious you sound -

You keep saying you want to help us, well we are trying to help you too...

Quote: I am just naming behavior Anastacia - and I am sorry, but you made your self the topic when you hijacked the thread.

Amen to that! Gimme some truth.... :D

When you can't back up your doctrines with scripture.....you attack personally the other posters.

If I say that Catholics believe doctrine taught by demons---I show you scripture for that! So get off attacking me personally. If you want to go against my beliefs and call it wrong---then try to prove it with scriptures---and not your own dense opinion of what you think how I sound.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you suspect that i will some way attempt to trick you... with as you call it, "slight of hand"? I really am here to share what I believe that I have. I would hope that that is also your purpose in being here. What good will trickery accomplish in the eyes of God? We cannot "trick" God and if we are trusting in Him fully all of the time we cannot be "tricked" either. Of course, the two conditions for never being "tricked" must be met: "trusting Him fully and "all of the time"!

It is th strangest thing - there is so much paranoia about people's intentions -- I think it all goes back to how evil some people believe human beings are.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anastacia

Amadeus is actually making good points

Why are you accusing him of repeating himself when you constantly

1. Accuse people of 'sounding like they do not even know God at all' whenever they disagree with you

2. Accuse people of being 'guilty of exactly what they are accusing you of' whenever they name your behavior

3. Constantly post pictures of relics, over and over and over again

4. Are still talking about catholics being commanded to bow (meaning worship according to your false understanding) to statues?

5. Do not listen, which causes people to bend over backwards to make their point, to no avail.

You are a one trick pony Anastacia - you are old news and yet you criticize amadeus for trying to make a point

I guess that as soon as I agree with a Catholic on a single point or post, I am d.a.m.n.e.d according to some! If this is the reward for such agreement then probably every non-Catholic on the forum ihas the same reward. Is this then a good reason to become a Catholic?

All I can say is, give God the glory in all things!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you can't back up your doctrines with scripture.....you attack personally the other posters.

If I say that Catholics believe doctrine taught by demons---I show you scripture for that! So get off attacking me personally.

Ah - thank you for posting your third defense - one of my favorites yet I forgot to mention it:

'When you can't back up your doctrine with scripture you attack personally the other posters'

Hilarious!

Anastacia. if I was really attacking you personally - you would know it. Once again, I am merely naming your behavior - the reason you think it is an attack is because your comments / behavior are really nasty, and have been for at least the last 27 pages

I guess that as soon as I agree with a Catholic on a single point or post, I am d.a.m.n.e.d according to some! If this is the reward for such agreement then probably every non-Catholic on the forum ihas the same reward. Is this then a good reason to become a Catholic?

Welcome Home, Brother!!!

HAHA

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Ah - thank you for posting your third defense - one of my favorites yet I forgot to mention it:

'When you can't back up your doctrine with scripture you attack personally the other posters'

Hilarious!

Anastacia. if I was really attacking you personally - you would know it. Once again, I am merely naming your behavior - the reason you think it is an attack is because your comments / behavior is really nasty, and has been for at least the last 27 pages

Welcome Home, Brother!!!

HAHA

I better not name your behavior. I'd for sure get kicked off this site for that, um yeah, figure it out. I have to answer to God, that's why I don't name your behavior. You've got to get off making me the topic. If you want to talk about me, then use scripture.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I better not name your behavior. I'd for sure get kicked off this site for that, um yeah, figure it out. I have to answer to God, that's why I don't name your behavior. You've got to get off making me the topic. If you want to talk about me, then use scripture.

Trolls do not make the demands or rules on my thread, Anastacia. And I have no idea what you are insinuating about my behavior. As for your behavior, it reminds me of a 9 year old bickering on the playground. You have badgered and personally attacked every person you have decided is defending catholicism along with Catholics themselves, with your wicked accusations

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Trolls do not make the demands or rules on my thread, Anastacia. And I have no idea what you are insinuating about my behavior. As for your behavior, it reminds me of a 9 year old bickering on the playground. You have badgered and personally attacked every person you have decided is defending catholicism along with Catholics themselves, against your wicked accusations

I guess if the owner of this site lets you get away with attacking without scriptures....then it must be okay with him that you do this. Also, I guess it's okay for you to keep changing the name of this thread. Who's the 9 year old? I'd laugh, but it's too dense to laugh about. I guess it's up to me to get this thread back on track and off of me.

So, what do you think about your religion's practice of digging up the buried and displaying them for veneration?

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess if the owner of this site lets you get away with attacking without scriptures....then it must be okay with him that you do this. Also, I guess it's okay for you to keep changing the name of this thread. Who's the 9 year old? I'd laugh, but it's too dense to laugh about.

We've reported your many personal, rude attacks, Anastacia, but to no avail. I decided to confront you myself for your malicious accusations and intentional misreading of our opinions of Catholic doctrines. I agree that dense is a good way to describe your concrete interpretations of scripture and explanations of doctrine. As far as changing the name of the thread, I am following your lead - you changed the focus of this thread with you attacks, long ago.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
You just can't stop your self, can you, aspen? Don't you have any control?

You don't hit the hard stuff once in a while, do you? Don't answer.....just putting that out there.

I have condemned no one! I have not condemned you! Why do you and the others say things that aren't true? Don't you have any respect for following the truth?

I'm asking you....tell me where I've condemned you? Do you think you can just come on here and say any lie about people? Never mind, you will just twist something

up to say to me.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just can't stop your self, can you, aspen? Don't you have any control?

You don't hit the hard stuff once in a while, do you? Don't answer.....just putting that out there.

Wow. So now you are accusing people who disagree with you of being drunkards?? Vicious.....

I guess you will stop at nothing to slander everyone in your way....

I have met some angry, irrational people online, but your behavior is actually surpassing my experience.

I think you really need to stop Anastacia - you have crossed the line - every word you type is recorded on this site and Heaven, for that matter.....sheesh

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have called for this thread to be locked several times

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah....I see the other threads aspen is on. No one makes it stop there either.

What needs to stop on my other threads? Are you suggesting that I should be banned for disagreeing with you, now?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Oh, if we got into a lot of details about a lot of things we would undoubtedly find that there are still quite a few disagreements between us. However, if you are right and I am wrong on any point, or vice versa, wouldn't we both sincerely want to be put on the Lord's side of the issue. This should be a primary reason why we are here on this forum; that is to share what we have with others and also to listen to what others have. If we are hearing God's voice, will He not then correctly direct our steps along His pathway, whether it be mine, or yours, or simply His?

My brother, I am certain that there will be some things we will disagree on. After all, I did say that I agree with many things in your post. I never said that I agreed with all of them. :) This thread was originally formed so that Catholics can answer questions that non-Catholics may have regarding our beliefs in order to dispel any misconceptions that they may have or may have heard. Unfortunately, as you can see, the thread has been hijacked by fundamentalists who have their own agendas in mind.

In Christ,
Selene

Isn't it sad....that she not only attacks Catholics, but even non-Catholics who show any kind of support for them. Welcome aboard.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anastacia believed I was attacking her when I was just listing her behavior - it did stop her - she practically scurried from the light

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No, I canot give you such a list, and neither could you!
I don't have to because I never made the unsubstantiated claim that you did which in essence was mere speculation without a scrap of evidence, said probably to let off steam and to hide the truth.

How do you know that Paul never a killed man physically or spiritually? we may believe that he did not, but we do not know it!
As usual you have skirted the issue with the usual obfuscation.

Absolutely! What criteria do you think God would use to determine who is to be promoted and who is to remain at the bottom... or even to be cast into outer darkness?
I assume that this a weak attempt at some sort of joke?

Trolls do not make the demands or rules on my thread, Anastacia
Your thread was catholics answering questions. This thread is now naming troll behaviour thread so it is not yours.

This thread was originally formed so that Catholics can answer questions that non-Catholics may have regarding our beliefs in order to dispel any misconceptions that they may have or may have heard. Unfortunately, as you can see, the thread has been hijacked by fundamentalists who have their own agendas in mind.
Try answering some questions then. I am still waiting for answers to all these questions....

1. And where in scripture does it say to pray to the Holy Spirit? Just a straight forward answer of specific verses would be appreciated, not some waffle about, this that and the other.

2. That wouldn't be any chance your way would it, so like the rcc which has its people saying the same thing over and over and over again. And please don't say they don't. I have been in enough catholic meetings to know that they do.

3. Are you saying we should follow the teaching of scripture?

4. But you claimed all these saints are alive in heaven already. If that is the case, why do they need to be resurrected back to life?

5. And how do you imitate Christ?

6. What has the second death got to do with what you are saying? You are just making it up as you go along.

7. Where does it say in scripture that God approves of denominations?

8. Chapter and verse please for what you are claiming here?

9. Sorry, I don't have Cahters in my bible. Is that the catholic version?

10. How do you know he is a better man than me? I would like some irrefutable evidence please. Otherwise retract the statement.

11. Since when has a dictionary been a commentary on the bible?

12. And you said goodbye a long time ago so how come you are still here?

13. Can you show me where I said that?

14. That wouldn't be any chance your way would it, so like the rcc which has its people saying the same thing over and over and over again. And please don't say they don't. I have been in enough catholic meetings to know that they do.

15. Well Selene, what would you call this if not purile, infantile and very unclever?

16. Chapter and verse please. NOT WAFFLE.

17. Chapter and verse please that says you are to pray TO the Holy Spirit. NOT WAFFLE.

Marksman, you should become a politician, you are so extremely slippery at answering difficult questions –
And from the list above, you are very slippery at NOT answering questions.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Try answering some questions then. I am still waiting for answers to all these questions....

Marksman, the reason I no longer answer your questions is because this are examples of your responses:

From Marksman: I don't have to because I never made the unsubstantiated claim that you did which in essence was mere speculation without a scrap of evidence, said probably to let off steam and to hide the truth.

From Marksman: As usual you have skirted the issue with the usual obfuscation.

From Marksman: I assume that this a weak attempt at some sort of joke?

The truth is...you are not at all interested in listening to our answers. Your only interest here is to degrade and belittle. Of course, you DID state how the true Church was killed off.....and then you made that laughable attempt of saying that you were talking in metaphors. :lol: LOL!!!!! When you tried to cover yourself up by saying that you were speaking in metaphors....that was even more funnier than you saying that the true Church was killed off. :lol:

At any rate, I hope that you and your family have a happy and safe Christmas, Marksman. God bless.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not exactly the idea I had for spending Christmas morning, but I will now be locking this thread.

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in the wide range of how not to carry out Christianity in this thread. And believe me, it's on all sides. While it is the duty of forum staff/owners to keep a forum running, it's not a duty to police each and every post and close the topic when a few members cannot handle themselves in a mature manner. This is why we banned denominational discussions for a long time. When you come into a community and setup shop for your denomination in a thread or threads, this is usually what happen. I agree that there should be a Christian standard of behavior for members who are not a part of the denomination, but there is a point where when you stir the pot the results are not guaranteed to mix 100%.

I'd also caution that using willpower and restraint is a Christian ideal across any denomination.

[bible=Matthew 10:14]
And if anyone will not receive you or listen to your words, shake off the dust from your feet when you leave that house or town.
[/bible]

That is not a statement or invitation for anyone to leave the forum, but I think it clearly says that there are times not to push an issue or to consider how you're attempting to witness. When you are responding to someone else, there is also a time where you think in how you respond. Attacking the messenger is one of the worst ways to get your point across.

Topic closed and the original name is restored.

Status
Not open for further replies.