Questions For A Catholic

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Read on Wikipedia about the Capuchin Crypt. Here is the link: http://en.wikipedia..../Capuchin_Crypt

From the article on Wikipedia....

The Capuchin Crypt is a small space comprising several tiny chapels located beneath the church of Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini on the Via Veneto near Piazza Barberini in Rome, Italy. It contains the skeletal remains of 4,000 bodies believed to be Capuchin friars buried by their order.[sup][1][/sup] The Catholic order insists that the display is not meant to be macabre, but a silent reminder of the swift passage of life on Earth.[sup][2][/sup]

Described by Frommer's as "one of the most horrifying images in all of Christendom",[sup][3][/sup] large numbers of the bones are nailed to the walls in intricate patterns, many are piled high among countless others, while others hang from the ceiling as light fixtures.

Read more about the Capuchin Crypt on Wikipedia.

Did you read how the Crypt is located beneath the church, in Rome Italy. And how the Catholic order insists that the display of the skeletal remains of 4,000 bodies is a silent reminder of the swift passage of life on Earth?!
Did you read how the bones are nailed to the walls in intricate patterns...others hang from the ceiling as light fixtures?!

crypt7.jpg

Roman Catholic Cardinal has published a picture of him self inside this crypt. A Vatican approved church.

crypta.jpg

Here we see the skeletons dressed up as Monks.

crypt2.jpg

Look carefully...these are all skulls and bones, and two corpses. This crypt in the heart of Rome.

crypt3.jpg

The Roman Catholic priests even hung a skeleton on the ceiling to be venerated.

crypt4.jpg

One should reason that madness and insanity made the Vatican faithful make this kind of "art" to decorate a place of worship.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
What is grotesque or horrifying about the bones the Lord made to hold up our bodies? Also, do you have a question to post?

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
What is grotesque or horrifying about the bones the Lord made to hold up our bodies? Also, do you have a question to post?

Because of Satan and sin we all die. The Catholics venerate death...that's something that might be pleasing to Satan. If you can't see anything wrong with digging up those who have been long time buried, and decorating a church with the remains....then you can't see much of anything.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
Should we not be reminded of death, and the reasons for it? If we did not know of death, is there not a danger of these lessons being forgotten?

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Because of Satan and sin we all die. The Catholics venerate death...that's something that might be pleasing to Satan. If you can't see anything wrong with digging up those who have been long time buried, and decorating a church with the remains....then you can't see much of anything.

We do not venerate death. Jesus also died, and He did not commit any sins. Jesus died to save us. Christ conquered death, and that is why I have no fear of death. Why should I fear death or even be horrified of it? Those bodies were created by God, not by Satan.

There are even people who carry the ashes of their loved ones in urns after their bodies have been cremated. Death is a reality and someday, we will all face that reality. However, because Christ has conquered death, it should not be viewed as an end.....but the beginning of our new life with God in His kingdom. Death is not something to mourn about because Christ already conquered death and in Him, we have eternal life.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Should we not be reminded of death, and the reasons for it? If we did not know of death, is there not a danger of these lessons being forgotten?

Dead bodies are to be buried....not buried then dug up 30 years later and put up for display to be venerated. If there is nothing wrong what the Catholics do, and it is even the right thing in your eyes.....then why don't you go dig up the remains of your loved ones and display them in your house?

We do not venerate death. Jesus also died, and He did not commit any sins. Jesus died to save us. Christ conquered death, and that is why I have no fear of death. Why should I fear death or even be horrified of it? Those bodies were created by God, not by Satan.

There are even people who carry the ashes of their loved ones in urns after their bodies have been cremated. Death is a reality and someday, we will all face that reality. However, because Christ has conquered death, it should not be viewed as an end.....but the beginning of our new life with God in His kingdom. Death is not something to mourn about because Christ already conquered death and in Him, we have eternal life.

Yes you do venerate death. You venerate death when you have dead people's remains on display. Who said you should fear death? How do you compare keeping the ashes of a loved one in a urn who was cremated...to burying a loved one, waiting a while, then digging them up, putting them in a glass casket, or using their remains for decoration in your house? And you say death of our bodies should be viewed as the beginning of our new life with God in His kingdom---our new life with God starts when we are saved on earth!

But I guess I'm not talking to sensible people here.

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Having spent the first 22 or so years of my life Catholic I have witnessed both the twisted lengths that Catholics will go to in order to justify or give validity to their practices.
I have also personally experienced the punishment from within for questioning and refusing to go along blindly.

The justification of using the bones of random individuals as decorations is farsical. There is no reason or benefit for doing so.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Anastacia
Yoius ay you used to be a Catholic, what are you now? I mean what denomination?

I belong to the body of Christ. I do not claim a denomination, not even non denominational. I am continually learning and growing in my personal relationship with the Lord. My religion is to take care of my family, my children, and to help my brother and sister in need. When I do want to be around a large group of Christians to pray with, praise God and sing songs with, or to share in the Lord's Supper....then I will visit a church that doesn't believe in infant baptism, doesn't believe in nowadays speaking in tongues, no calvinsism, and they must believe Jesus is God, and they must believe in the life of the spirit even after the physical death of the body....those are five main doctrines, that if one avoids a church with false beliefs in those areas, then one can avoid many other false doctrines within those denominations as well.

I love God's truth, and not a religion's or denomination's truth. I believe believers have a responsibility to do like the Bereans....to examine the scriptures to see if what we are taught is true.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
Dead bodies are to be buried....not buried then dug up 30 years later and put up for display to be venerated. If there is nothing wrong what the Catholics do, and it is even the right thing in your eyes.....then why don't you go dig up the remains of your loved ones and display them in your house?
People do this. My friend Lara's family has her grandfather's skull as a reminder that even in death he is with them still.
(No, this does not mean she worships her dead grandfather or whatever.)

Yes you do venerate death. You venerate death when you have dead people's remains on display.
How do you know what someone else venerates? You can look at pictures, but you can't look into another's heart.

But I guess I'm not talking to sensible people here.
Seriously, please stop with the personal attacks.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
Having spent the first 22 or so years of my life Catholic I have witnessed both the twisted lengths that Catholics will go to in order to justify or give validity to their practices.
I have also personally experienced the punishment from within for questioning and refusing to go along blindly.

The justification of using the bones of random individuals as decorations is farsical. There is no reason or benefit for doing so.

I hear what you are saying. Just a fast story---I remember being 7 years old, the day before first holy communion....the nun explained how before we can have our first holy communion, we are to give our first confession in the confessional to the priest. I approached the nun privately to ask what was I to confess. She told me things I did wrong. I told her like what? She said like talking back to my mom and fighting with my brothers and sisters. I told her that I don't do those things. She said then you don't get to have your first holy communion tomorrow. So I went in the confessional and lied that I talked back to my mom and fought with my brother and sisters.
Even as a young child I knew that calling the priests "Father" and having statues was obviously against what the Word of God says.

People do this. My friend Lara's family has her grandfather's skull as a reminder that even in death he is with them still.
(No, this does not mean she worships her dead grandfather or whatever.)

How do you know what someone else venerates? You can look at pictures, but you can't look into another's heart.

Seriously, please stop with the personal attacks.

You need to stop coming on here and telling me not to do things that you yourself do. You are the one who personally attacks.

You ask "how do you know what someone else venerates?" Haven't you been reading my posts?!? The Catholic religion commands the veneration of the bodies of their dead "saints."

Now stop coming on here and speaking of things you are not serious about....and that is God's Word.

You are proven to be not sensible when you defend what the Catholics do with the dead. Either you are not sensible, or you just like to be part of their wickedness.

1 Corinthians 1:15 I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
When have I personally attacked you? If my words have been taken that way, I apologize. I've merely been trying to get everyone in the thread to keep the debate civil, and focused on the issues discussed.

Venerating a dead body isn't the same as venerating death.

I am quite serious about God's word. I happen to disagree with you, that is all.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
When have I personally attacked you? If my words have been taken that way, I apologize. I've merely been trying to get everyone in the thread to keep the debate civil, and focused on the issues discussed.

Venerating a dead body isn't the same as venerating death.

I am quite serious about God's word. I happen to disagree with you, that is all.

You can't even admit when you are wrong. Instead of saying sorry for falsely judging me and that you did not know Catholics are commanded to venerate dead remains.....you just avoid that truth, and instead twist it all and just say that "venerating a dead body isn't the same as venerating death."

We are told to humble ourselves. Start believing and obeying God's Word....amazing things will happen.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
Yes you do venerate death. You venerate death when you have dead people's remains on display. Who said you should fear death? How do you compare keeping the ashes of a loved one in a urn who was cremated...to burying a loved one, waiting a while, then digging them up, putting them in a glass casket, or using their remains for decoration in your house? And you say death of our bodies should be viewed as the beginning of our new life with God in His kingdom---our new life with God starts when we are saved on earth!

I do not venerate death. I know myself better than you or anyone. So, when I say that I do not venerate death....that means, I do not venerate death. Yes, our new life begins with God in His kingdom because in the end, the earth will pass away. The earth is not my home. Heaven is my home because only God's kingdom is eternal. The earth is not eternal.

And why does it bother you so much that Catholics venerate their loved ones and the saints. What we do is not even hurting you. So, we venerate the angels and saints in Heaven....so what? How is that hurting you?

I love God's truth, and not a religion's or denomination's truth.

If you love God's truth so much, then why do you spend so much energy attacking Catholics? Does your happiness depend on attacking other people's faith and putting other people down? Does putting other people down make you feel better about yourself?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
" hear what you are saying. Just a fast story---I remember being 7 years old, the day before first holy communion....the nun explained how before we can have our first holy communion, we are to give our first confession in the confessional to the priest. I approached the nun privately to ask what was I to confess. She told me things I did wrong. I told her like what? She said like talking back to my mom and fighting with my brothers and sisters. I told her that I don't do those things. She said then you don't get to have your first holy communion tomorrow. So I went in the confessional and lied that I talked back to my mom and fought with my brother and sisters.
Even as a young child I knew that calling the priests "Father" and having statues was obviously against what the Word of God says."
- Anastacia

-- I remember having Mass at least once a week and having to go to confession. Many of us simply couldn't think of anything to confess so we would talk while kneeling in the pews and coming to an agreement as to who would confess what so that the priest wouldn't think we were all confessing the same thing.

As I mentioned at an earlier time, I remember getting in sooooooooo much trouble when I asked why, if Jesus is our very best friend and loved us enough to die for us, that we would need to ask Mary or any of the Saints to intercede for us.

I made it worse by asking where specifically it states that Mary was taken bodily into heaven. I was physically punished when I pointed out that Mary did indeed have other children after Jesus because they were mentioned specifically in the Bible.

God encourages us to dig deeper and know him as intimately as posible. The Catholic church taught me to obey and accept without question or else I was a sinner.

deprofundis

Dec 3, 2010
You can't even admit when you are wrong. Instead of saying sorry for falsely judging me and that you did not know Catholics are commanded to venerate dead remains
I, in fact, did apologize for any of my words which were misconstrued as judgments. In case that was not clear, I did not intend any words I said to judge you, personally; my comments were directed at your arguments, not you as an individual. If you felt I judged you, my apologies for being unclear.

.....you just avoid that truth, and instead twist it all and just say that "venerating a dead body isn't the same as venerating death."
Well, I don't believe that they are the same. You and I simply disagree.

We are told to humble ourselves. Start believing and obeying God's Word....amazing things will happen.
I do believe, and I do my utmost to obey God's Word.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
-- I remember having Mass at least once a week and having to go to confession. Many of us simply couldn't think of anything to confess so we would talk while kneeling in the pews and coming to an agreement as to who would confess what so that the priest wouldn't think we were all confessing the same thing.

As I mentioned at an earlier time, I remember getting in sooooooooo much trouble when I asked why, if Jesus is our very best friend and loved us enough to die for us, that we would need to ask Mary or any of the Saints to intercede for us.

I made it worse by asking where specifically it states that Mary was taken bodily into heaven. I was physically punished when I pointed out that Mary did indeed have other children after Jesus because they were mentioned specifically in the Bible.

God encourages us to dig deeper and know him as intimately as posible. The Catholic church taught me to obey and accept without question or else I was a sinner.

I never had any negative experiences in the Catholic Church, and I am happy being a Catholic. I probably had better priests and nuns. :D

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
I do not venerate death. I know myself better than you or anyone. So, when I say that I do not venerate death....that means, I do not venerate death. Yes, our new life begins with God in His kingdom because in the end, the earth will pass away. The earth is not my home. Heaven is my home because only God's kingdom is eternal. The earth is not eternal.

And why does it bother you so much that Catholics venerate our loved ones and the saints. What we do is not even hurting you. So, we venerate the angels and saints in Heaven....so what? How is that hurting you?

If you love God's truth so much, then why do you spend so much energy attacking Catholics? Does your happiness depend on attacking other people's faith and putting other people down? Does putting other people down make you feel better about yourself?

When your religion tells you to venerate dead remains....then I know what you do and believe. And what do you mean "yes, our new life begins with God in His kingdom because in eht end, the earth will pass away"? Our life begins with God when we are saved and receive the Holy Spirit! Jesus says the kingdom of heaven is within us.

I love God's Word. Out of love I try to help other people to see the Truth, but most people like you only get mean and mad and are not thankful. This hurt me more than I can say. But, I still must speak up. The Bible says expose darkness. There might be a day when what I say helps you. There might be someone who it helps to read what I try to explain, but they don't say anything. I am always learning....and I want to share what I have learned, and I have learned so much from others too.

" hear what you are saying. Just a fast story---I remember being 7 years old, the day before first holy communion....the nun explained how before we can have our first holy communion, we are to give our first confession in the confessional to the priest. I approached the nun privately to ask what was I to confess. She told me things I did wrong. I told her like what? She said like talking back to my mom and fighting with my brothers and sisters. I told her that I don't do those things. She said then you don't get to have your first holy communion tomorrow. So I went in the confessional and lied that I talked back to my mom and fought with my brother and sisters.
Even as a young child I knew that calling the priests "Father" and having statues was obviously against what the Word of God says."
- Anastacia

I wonder how it is that we asked those questions....yet so many people in the Catholic religion don't. Maybe we were more spiritual than the average person? And maybe those people who love and defend the Catholic religion actually have received another spirit. I do wonder.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house
When your religion tells you to venerate dead remains....then I know what you do and believe. And what do you mean "yes, our new life begins with God in His kingdom because in eht end, the earth will pass away"? Our life begins with God when we are saved and receive the Holy Spirit! Jesus says the kingdom of heaven is within us.

I love God's Word. Out of love I try to help other people to see the Truth, but most people like you only get mean and mad and are not thankful. This hurt me more than I can say. But, I still must speak up. The Bible says expose darkness. There might be a day when what I say helps you. There might be someone who it helps to read what I try to explain, but they don't say anything. I am always learning....and I want to share what I have learned, and I have learned so much from others too.

You do not know what I do and believe. You are not me. You do not even know me; therefore, you do not know what I do and believe. Do not compare yourself with me because I am not you and you are not me. Maybe when you were a Catholic, you probably worshiped those statues. But me? I knew that those statues were just stone, so you cannot compare your experience with mine.

Anastacia, if you wish to be of this world, I do not have a problem with that. But I am not of this world. The earth is not my home. God's eternal kingdom is my home.

Anastacia, this is what the Bible says:

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words: going forth out of that house or city shake off the dust from your feet.

Whatever religion you are in, I want no part of it. I am happy being a Catholic. :) So, you do not need to convince me of your kind of truth.

Anastacia

Oct 23, 2010
You do not know what I do and believe. You are not me. You do not even know me; therefore, you do not know what I do and believe. Do not compare yourself with me because I am not you and you are not me. Maybe when you were a Catholic, you probably worshiped those statues. But me? I knew that those statues were just stone, so you cannot compare your experience with mine.

Anastacia, if you wish to be of this world, I do not have a problem with that. But I am not of this world. The earth is not my home. God's eternal kingdom is my home.

Anastacia, this is what the Bible says:

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words: going forth out of that house or city shake off the dust from your feet.

Whatever religion you are in, I want no part of it. I am happy being a Catholic. :) So, you do not need to convince me of your kind of truth.

If you are so happy being a Catholic, then fine for you, but don't tell me what I can and can't do. I'm going to speak up when I want to. What don't you get about that? And, it's not just about Catholic you. Okay? So back off.

And what you say here doesn't make any sense. You call yourself a Catholic, and then you say I don't know you---if you call yourself a Catholic---then I know you as a Catholic! Catholic religion commands to venerate statues! Do you not remember you defended that belief? You defend things that are against the Word of God.

You might believe what you are saying is sensible and right, and I've heard you and don't agree. Now I do not want you to continue to talk this nonsense to me anymore. So stand back, because I have the right to post.

Status
Not open for further replies.