Questions for an atheist

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Peace and blessings unto you all

I just want to know what you all think are some good questions to ask an atheist. Or statements or verses that will get them to thinking. Also what is the best approach?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Mr Bride... As E = mc2 so I think that creation came in existence with energy and light as m (mass) = energy (E/c2) and there are three varieties...

Natural - Everything that has weight is basically cooled E/c2 (plasma)
Intellectual - Our thinking can produce a light
Spiritual - E (Energy, motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (Faith, hope, charity, joy)

It is of my belief that most atheists hearts have been hardened to the spiritual, so the first thing I would do is make sure that they behold good wholesome character... Next, for the big boom to have occurred someone had to instigate it. In which happened with these words... "Let there be light!" There are also miracles within the human body as the ability to sense sight and sound. If the earth were not in an exact place it would either be too hot or too cold. If our eyes were not perfectly designed they would be unable to focus the reality around them. All of which came by intelligent design, in which God the Father is the designer!

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
rockytopva,

re: "All of which came by intelligent design, in which God the Father is the designer!"

And the usaual response would be; "Who designed the designer?"

Job one

Jan 9, 2008
Western USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
rockytopva, Said:

re: "All of which came by intelligent design, in which God the Father is the designer!"

And the usaual response would be; "Who designed the designer?"

Too many want an instant "pat" answer, but are unwilling to put forth the effort to search deeply enough to get the answers. If an atheist or anyone else really wants the answer, then one must prepare to go to the source, who in this instance is the creator himself.

First one should understand the keys to understand the things of God as taught in: I Corinthians 2:9-14 also see James 1:5-6.

I find it a bit amusing that the proponents of the "Big Bang" theory cannot provide any clear evidence to their supposed theory.....
One more thing one should consider is that "The Big Bang Theory" is definitely not science!

There is to date no evidence to support such a theory.

There is no laboratory evidence to support such a theory.

Science cannot replicate the tenants of the theory in any laboratory.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
So to you, the world's cosmologists are just really, really bad at their jobs? Or are they part of some grand conspiracy?

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted something ealier in another forum in regards to this. If an athiest will take the time to find reasons to say God doesnt exist, that means a small part of him potentially acknowledges the possibility of God. The Bible is the oldest book. Unlike others, it wasn't written by somoene a few hundered years ago claiming to be a prophet. It was written by holy men of God. If they didn't write it, then who did.... Ask them to answer that one... Oh, and how do prayers get answered?? Ask those.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Mr.Bride said:
Peace and blessings unto you all

I just want to know what you all think are some good questions to ask an atheist. Or statements or verses that will get them to thinking. Also what is the best approach?
Go to the Creation Science website and you will find there 15 questions atheists can't answer. I have used several of them and sure as eggs are eggs, no one has been able to answer them.

rstrats

Sep 6, 2012
Question for a theist - what might be a conservative figure for the number of prayers that are being made world wide at any given moment?

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
Reactions: DogLady19

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
River Jordan said:
If you're talking about this site...

https://creationsciencestudy.wordpress.com/2014/06/10/clever-questions-atheists-cant-answer/

...then the reason people aren't answering them is because the questions are so ridiculous.
[SIZE=18.6666564941406px]Let me tell you a true story. A student who was a christian at a secular university who was taking a course in biology, was confronted with evolution by her lecturer. Not to be outdone, she asked the lecturer one of the 15 questions. Now, if the question was ridiculous, you would think that a professor of biology would know so what happened? The professor could not answer the question and did not say it was ridiculous. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=18.6666564941406px]​What actually happened was the student was called to the head of Biologies office and told that she must not ask questions like that if she wanted to stay on the course. No mention of the question being ridiculous so one has to assume that the question was not ridiculous. [/SIZE]

pom2014

Dec 6, 2014
Most of those questions are ludicrous.

Who cares about Ray what's his name and his banana?

Honestly what does this do but play into the hands of the enemy.

Division is a weapon. They wield it well.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
pom2014 said:
Most of those questions are ludicrous.

Who cares about Ray what's his name and his banana?

Honestly what does this do but play into the hands of the enemy.

Division is a weapon. They wield it well.
Obviously the university did not think they were so I will go with them.

River Jordan said:
If you weren't there, how did you know it was a true story?
How do you know the bible is a true story? You weren't there.

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
You're not making sense. You said it was a true story, but as soon as you're asked a specific question you answer "I don't know". So again, on what basis did you claim it was a true story?

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what marksman said is not unusual. there are professors and teachers getting fired just for discussing the different views of creation. if science admits that God exists then satan will lose i big foothold that he has over nonbelievers and believers alike. for example darwin's theory has been proved false and yet it is in science books as truth and darwin's theory was proved false over 50 years ago. to say that 50 years is not enough time to correct the mistake and republish the book is wrong.

God bless

River Jordan

Jan 30, 2014
7angels said:
there are professors and teachers getting fired just for discussing the different views of creation.
Like who?

if science admits that God exists then satan will lose i big foothold that he has over nonbelievers and believers alike.
"Science admits that God exists"? Um....science isn't a person who talks you know. There are all sorts of scientists who believe in God, many of them fairly famous. Ever hear of Francis Collins?

for example darwin's theory has been proved false and yet it is in science books as truth and darwin's theory was proved false over 50 years ago. to say that 50 years is not enough time to correct the mistake and republish the book is wrong.
What exactly are you talking about?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the book "The Death of Evolution" by Jim Black Ph.D he says that a Dr. Roger Penrose, a British mathematician did a study of the probability of the universe being able to sustain life occurring by chance and found that the odds of that happening to be 1 in 1010 123 (that is expressed as 10 to the power of 10 to the power of 123). That to say the least is mindboggling. Therefore Dr. Penrose's calculations place the odds of life happening as Darwin reckoned it did at more than a trillion, trillion, trillion times less likely than Zero.

Black obtained this information from Penrose's book "The Emperor's New Mind: Concerning Computers, Minds, and the Law of Physics."

Such information would suggest that the claims of evolution are complete and utter bunkum or that those who claim to believe it have a faith that is totally beyond the realm of credibility. That being the case, the atheist evolutionist has to look twice before claiming that the truth based on faith is laughable.

DogLady19

Apr 15, 2015
One of the first things I do when encountering an atheist is make it clear that the Bible was never intended to be a history or science book. The Bible does not explain creation in any scientific fashion... For instance, in Genesis 1:1, the word "created" does not mean that it didn't exist, then suddenly it did. It means more like the word "made", in the context that we "made" our beds this morning. The bed already existed, we just fashioned it the way we wanted it.

So, when an atheist throws out verses in Genesis as a creation of the universe story, they are not understanding the context, nor the actual etymology of the words used in the story.

The Bible is the story of God's relationship with man. It is not the story of how the universe came to be.