Questions no anti-divinity can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Both Satan and Jesus quoted the scriptures. What was the difference? Is there a difference between dead words spoken by someone dead and the Word spoken from the heart of a person quickened by the Holy Spirit?

do you think Jesus is just "a person" quickened by the Holy Spirit???

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you're saying you don't know Jesus?
Do you ask that because you do not understand my response to you? You want a direct answer? First go back and start answering all of my questions to you on my last four posts. This is supposed to be a discussion, isn't it?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
do you think Jesus is just "a person" quickened by the Holy Spirit???
Were Jesus bones broken? Have any of your bones been broken? Until you have seriously answered some of my questions don't expect any answers from me!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Were Jesus bones broken?
Not a bone of His was broken, as we know from Scripture. That is why not of bone could be broken of the Passover lamb. And the reason is that believers are members of His body -- "of His flesh, and of His bones" (Eph 3:30).

Reactions: post

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Deity" would be more appropriate. It means that Jesus is fully God. And how can any rational person deny that after reading the Gospels?
That word "Rational takes us back to logical, doesn't it? What happens then to faith? Is a man's pathway of knowledge better than the path of faith that God sets before us?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

"For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith." Rom 1:17

What happens to knowledge and faith too without charity/love?

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity/love, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

Reactions: Azim

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Were Jesus bones broken? Have any of your bones been broken? Until you have seriously answered some of my questions don't expect any answers from me!

it is readily apparent that i should not expect any "answer" from you =p

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus of Nazareth is the Word of God.
Then what is your Bible?
What are we to be?

"And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us" John 1:14

"Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;
That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us:" John 17:20-21

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is" I John 3:2

And the Word is also God (John 1:1-3).

Yes, and...

"Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou." Gen 41:40

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him." John 13:16

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.John 14:28

I certainly admit that I am living for God by faith as per the definition expressed in Heb 11:1. Therefore I do not insist that I have all the correct answers to everyone's questions. But I do believe what I believe.

If you and @post are also living for God by a similarly defined faith, why are you pressing this issue as if you knew absolutely better than Apostle Paul did when he included himself among those in the "we" in I Cor 13:12? Was his vision also still not yet to the "then" of "face to face" when he wrote those words? Is your vision without doubt clearer than his was in that moment?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is readily apparent that i should not expect any "answer" from you =p
Only the sign of Jonas! Unless you in 'turn about is fair play' answer any of my questions...

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not a bone of His was broken, as we know from Scripture. That is why not of bone could be broken of the Passover lamb. And the reason is that believers are members of His body -- "of His flesh, and of His bones" (Eph 3:30).
So then what do these unbroken bones mean to us? What is the purpose of a skeleton?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So then what do these unbroken bones mean to us? What is the purpose of a skeleton?
There is no skeleton. Christ is alive in Heaven and all His bones are intact. But His literal flesh and bones (His body) has spiritual significance in that the spiritual Body of Christ consists of each and every child of God as a "member" of that Body. All members of the Body must be in harmony with each other, and no member is less significant than another. Naturally Christ is the Head of that Body.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Then what is your Bible?
The Bible is the written Word of God and Jesus is the eternal Word of God, who was with the Father from eternity. Therefore every word of Christ is a word of God, and every word given by God the Holy Spirit to the prophets and apostles (in Hebrew and Greek) is also a word of God.
What are we to be?
We are to be disciples of Christ and diligent students of the written Word of God. In the English language it is the King James Bible. In other languages there are equivalent translations.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is the purpose of a skeleton?

in the case of Ezekiel 37, it speaks of the eternal existence of the soul -- existence being quite a different matter than 'living' and 'dead' as God defines life & death

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible is the written Word of God and Jesus is the eternal Word of God, who was with the Father from eternity. Therefore every word of Christ is a word of God, and every word given by God the Holy Spirit to the prophets and apostles (in Hebrew and Greek) is also a word of God.

We are to be disciples of Christ and diligent students of the written Word of God. In the English language it is the King James Bible. In other languages there are equivalent translations.
Those are the answers I often hear from people. My own answer would be a bit different. God's answer is the one that ultimately matters!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no skeleton. Christ is alive in Heaven and all His bones are intact. But His literal flesh and bones (His body) has spiritual significance in that the spiritual Body of Christ consists of each and every child of God as a "member" of that Body. All members of the Body must be in harmony with each other, and no member is less significant than another. Naturally Christ is the Head of that Body.
in the case of Ezekiel 37, it speaks of the eternal existence of the soul -- existence being quite a different matter than 'living' and 'dead' as God defines life & death
Reread my question. I made no mention of Jesus' skeleton!

According to Bing this is the definition:

Skeleton Definition: The skeleton is the supporting framework of an organism . It is typically made out of hard, rigid tissue that supports the form of the animal’s body and protects vulnerable organs.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, Jesus is not divine because he was born, which means created from procreation, right?
No his human nature was but he is also divine eternal uncreated begotten not made in his divinity