Questions no anti-divinity can answer

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess! none have, and I’ve tried!

Divinity of Jesus Christ

My questions never answered!

1 jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Psalm 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Exodus 34:6
And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Only God can grant men peace

Jn 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

my peace!
Gods peace!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

how can a man be the life?
God is life

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

in the new creation God also breathed life into them

Jn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

lk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Only God has blinding glory

Acts 9:1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Only God have the commandments only God can change them!
Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
Only God has this power!
Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Only God!
John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Only God can be this!
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Only God!

Heb 2:16 For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

God became man!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess! none have, and I’ve tried!
Divinity of Jesus Christ
What is divinity?
Is it something God cannot share with us if He so chooses?

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

What does that "be like him" mean?

My questions never answered!
And because no one answers you or makes an effort to do so, does that always make you right and them wrong? What is God saying to you? Have you asked anyone what God is saying to them?

Only God can grant men peace
my peace!
Gods peace!

"And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

What gifts has God given to men? [See I Cor 12]What gifts has He Not given to men? Is there any limitation on what may give to men if He so chooses? How about peace?

Has any man ever spoken by the anointing of God, Words which brought peace into someone else's heart?
And what is it that the children of God have?

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matt 5:9

how can a man be the life?
God is life
Only God has blinding glory
Only God have the commandments only God can change them!
Only God can be this!
Only God!
Can God do all things?
If, yes, why would you say that God cannot give a man glory?
Could not the glory of God be manifested in or through a man? Has He not done it before?

"And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him."
Exodus 34:29

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." II Cor 3:18

God became man!

Reactions: Wrangler

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is divinity?
Is it something God cannot share with us if He so chooses?

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

What does that "be like him" mean?

And because no one answers you or makes an effort to do so, does that always make you right and them wrong? What is God saying to you? Have you asked anyone what God is saying to them?

What gifts has God given to men? [See I Cor 12]What gifts has He Not given to men? Is there any limitation on what may give to men if He so chooses? How about peace?

Has any man ever spoken by the anointing of God, Words which brought peace into someone else's heart?

And what is it that the children of God have?
"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matt 5:9

Can God do all things?
If, yes, why would you say that God cannot give a man glory?
Could not the glory of God be manifested in or through a man? Has He not done it before?

"And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses' hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him."
Exodus 34:29

"But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord." II Cor 3:18
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

divine means uncreated and eternal

yes we share in the nature of God thru grace and union with the mediator and communion with all the saints

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[/QUOTE]

divine means uncreated and eternal[/quote]
Does it? That may be one valid definition, but is it the only one? Before asking others about divinity, would it not have been be a good idea to clarify your meaning?

yes we share in the nature of God thru grace and union with the mediator and communion with all the saints

So then you have clarified your beliefs, but have you proven anything to anyone who did not already believe as you believe? Is it not so, that every believer in the One God, Catholic or Protestant other, lives for God by faith?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

divine means uncreated and eternal[/quote]
Does it? That may be one valid definition, but is it the only one? Before asking others about divinity, would it not have been be a good idea to clarify your meaning?

So then you have clarified your beliefs, but have you proven anything to anyone who did not already believe as you believe? Is it not so, that every believer in the One God, Catholic or Protestant other, lives for God by faith?[/QUOTE]

Are there rules of faith or is it spiritual anarchy?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are there rules of faith or is it spiritual anarchy?
Spiritual anarchy as I believe you mean it may exist indeed, but should we presume that everyone who is not where we are is an anarchist? Until we are living for God by absolute knowledge rather than by faith, how can we know how right or wrong the other guy is?

By "faith" I mean it hopefully as it is described/defined here:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spiritual anarchy as I believe you mean it may exist indeed, but should we presume that everyone who is not where we are is an anarchist? Until we are living for God by absolute knowledge rather than by faith, how can we know how right or wrong the other guy is?

By "faith" I mean it hopefully as it is described/defined here:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1
The church of the apostles teach us
Matt 28:19 Jn 16:13 Jn 8:32 they have the truth and instruct us Lk 1:4

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The church of the apostles teach us
Matt 28:19 Jn 16:13 Jn 8:32 they have the truth and instruct us Lk 1:4
Your verses of scripture are fine, but what you have not said is what you believe to be the identity of the "church of the apostles".

Do you believe that anyone who has made a different identification of that "church" has any hope on their present road toward God? Do you believe that anyone making a different identification than yours can be on the road toward God?

To whom are all of your cited verses of scripture addressed? The apostles alone or to every person who has access to a Bible and read it?

Do you believe that any person reading those verses, or any part of the written Bible, may have the Holy Spirit within quicken those verses so that he can understand God's message to men?

Reactions: Azim

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your verses of scripture are fine, but what you have not said is what you believe to be the identity of the "church of the apostles".

Do you believe that anyone who has made a different identification of that "church" has any hope on their present road toward God? Do you believe that anyone making a different identification than yours can be on the road toward God?

To whom are all of your cited verses of scripture addressed? The apostles alone or to every person who has access to a Bible and read it?

Do you believe that any person reading those verses, or any part of the written Bible, may have the Holy Spirit within quicken those verses so that he can understand God's message to men?

there is only one church Jn 10:16

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there is only one church Jn 10:16
I agree!

"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another." Rom 12:5

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many." I Cor 12:12-14

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." Col 1:18

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree!

"So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another." Rom 12:5

"For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
For the body is not one member, but many." I Cor 12:12-14

"And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence." Col 1:18

good verses

Reactions: amadeus

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it not so, that every believer in the One God, Catholic or Protestant other, lives for God by faith?

some believe God is one, but their faith is not in Him

Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”
(Galatians 3:12)​

some have faith, but not in the Truth

Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either
(1 John 2:23)​

Reactions: Mama Etna

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
some believe God is one, but their faith is not in Him

Yet the law is not of faith, but “the man who does them shall live by them.”
(Galatians 3:12)​

some have faith, but not in the Truth

Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either
(1 John 2:23)​
So then back to Pontius Pilate's question: What is truth? Pilate in the moment he asked the question almost certainly did not know the answer.

Jesus told us that he was truth, but how well do any of us know Jesus? How clearly do we see his face? Not seeing his face, may we not still love him? Apostle Paul describes where we are... but not knowing and seeing it all clearly does not cause problems so much as not loving Jesus, the Truth, anyway.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

We do live for God by faith rather than by knowledge,... right?

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

W must love Him even when we do not see him clearly! Then when and if we grow will not our vision move toward that "face to face". Are we all lost while our vision is still as seeing through a glass darkly? I think not. The important thing is to love even when we cannot see clearly!

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:28

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So then back to Pontius Pilate's question: What is truth? Pilate in the moment he asked the question almost certainly did not know the answer.

Jesus told us that he was truth, but how well do any of us know Jesus? How clearly do we see his face? Not seeing his face, may we not still love him? Apostle Paul describes where we are... but not knowing and seeing it all clearly does not cause problems so much as not loving Jesus, the Truth, anyway.

"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." I Cor 13:12

We do live for God by faith rather than by knowledge,... right?

And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:" II Thess 2:10-11

W must love Him even when we do not see him clearly! Then when and if we grow will not our vision move toward that "face to face". Are we all lost while our vision is still as seeing through a glass darkly? I think not. The important thing is to love even when we cannot see clearly!

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:28

Why does Paul say to warn those who teach false doctrine and to treat them like they are accursed?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does Paul say to warn those who teach false doctrine and to treat them like they are accursed?
What is God's plan?
What is the purpose of those who would attempt to bend the Word of God to their own profit?
Why is it that some suppose that when they are working to fill their own treasure houses that they are walking toward the Light?

How would we even know that someone's doctrine is false? How do we know that our doctrine held is Not false? How do we know when to remain silent and when to speak?

Reactions: Helen

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How would we even know that someone's doctrine is false? How do we know that our doctrine held is Not false?

You think that scripture is indecipherable and the idea that there is an actual Spirit of God who teaches us and opens our mind, is a lie?

Unitarian universalism is about as far from the truth as one can get.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think that scripture is indecipherable and the idea that there is an actual Spirit of God who teaches us and opens our mind, is a lie?
I believe that the scripture is a barren place needing to be quickened in a person by the Holy Spirit. Many people and probably most churches teach people to quench the Holy Spirit so all that is taught from the scriptures remains a dead message.
When it is quickened within us it is Not indecipherable!

Unitarian universalism is about as far from the truth as one can get.

In order to know what you say is true without a doubt, I would have to know absolutely all of God's Truth for men. Who knows His Truth so well?

Reactions: Azim

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that the scripture is a barren place needing to be quickened in a person by the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 4:12
the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

In order to know what you say is true without a doubt, I would have to know absolutely all of God's Truth for men. Who knows His Truth so well?

have you heard of Jesus Christ?

You seem to celebrate ignorance as a virtue, but the word calls it destruction.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 4:12
the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

have you heard of Jesus Christ?

You seem to celebrate ignorance as a virtue, but the word calls it destruction.
What or who is the Word of God? Do you believe that an unopened, unread Bible setting on the shelf in a person's home has ever divided soul and spirit, joint and marrow, or discerned the thoughts and intents of the heart?

Consider the following verses:

"Then the devil taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple,
And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.
Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God." Matt 4:4-7

Both Satan and Jesus quoted the scriptures. What was the difference? Is there a difference between dead words spoken by someone dead and the Word spoken from the heart of a person quickened by the Holy Spirit?