Quitting vaping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cassandra So vaping lower levels of nicotine instead of getting it through cigarettes really worked for you, then. So did it maybe help any other smokers in your family, similarly, maybe? Often if it demonstrably works for someone, then others might be more willing to try it in order to cut down and eliminate the nicotine eventually....
Nobody else smokes. I haven't smoked or vaped in years.

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Cassandra So vaping lower levels of nicotine instead of getting it through cigarettes really worked for you, then. So did it maybe help any other smokers in your family, similarly, maybe? Often if it demonstrably works for someone, then others might be more willing to try it in order to cut down and eliminate the nicotine eventually....

Wanna know what inspired my father to quit smoking? When I was in high school, he got me my first 10-speed bike. He liked it so much, he got himself one. And he quickly figured out you can't smoke and ride a bike in the Rocky Mountain foothills. Quit cold-turkey. Probably added years to his life.

I wish Mom had quit. Emphysema is a slow, miserable death. :(

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Wanna know what inspired my father to quit smoking? When I was in high school, he got my first 10-speed bike. He liked it so much, he got himself one. And he quickly figured out you can't smoke and ride a bike in the Rocky Mountain foothills. Quit cold-turkey. Probably added years to his life.

I wish Mom had quit. Emphysema is a slow, miserable death. :(
@Lambano Sorry for your loss. Let's hope others are inspired to quit...

Reactions: Lambano

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey. fluffers! I had the same problem. what I did was to take my ejuice from 27% down to 0 % It took a while, but get the kind that tastes like tobacco. When you get to 0%, after 2 weeks, the nicotine should be out of your system and you can quit. It works. Or if you are brave, you came do 0% now. It still tastes like tobacco, so you can fool your mind. I suggest gradually,but if you want, go for it! ♥
thanks! i wish i could take the time for that, but magnanese isn't the nicotine. its in the actual fluid to make the vapor. the toxicity part happens when it is inhaled.

i looked over articles that disprove what the doctors are warning about, and they all link back to vape companies. go figure

every time i go back to the ecig, i have severe cognitive difficulties

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
thanks! i wish i could take the time for that, but magnanese isn't the nicotine. its in the actual fluid to make the vapor. the toxicity part happens when it is inhaled.

i looked over articles that disprove what the doctors are warning about, and they all link back to vape companies. go figure

every time i go back to the ecig, i have severe cognitive difficulties
@FluffyYellowDuck So do you find that at least in that sense temporarily, cigarettes work better? (at least, comparatively...)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@FluffyYellowDuck So do you find that at least in that sense temporarily, cigarettes work better? (at least, comparatively...)
I'm not really sure how to choose. I made sure to remind myself when I started vaping, if life gets "too weird" again, its that things fault. It did. I remembered too late.

Havent touched it yet today because it makes me sick and I hate that thing.

So, IDK, I guess use it to quit for six months, but don't use it for 10+ years.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have a stronghold lol

Anyway, I quit smoking a while back, but switched to vaping. But I am researching Manganese (? yeah, i can't spell that) toxicity and I have concerns about it, so I want to test my theory about things by tapering off and quitting for good.

if you wouldn't mind praying God helps me be patient with myself and everyone around me, I would be grateful.
thank you

:Hug: Father, strengthen Ducky to stop vaping and become completely free from this stronghold. Help her with any symptoms she may have. In Jesus Name, Amen.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy How are your nicotine levels coming along these days? I think you have found vaping to be an excellent way of getting off cigarettes, right?

It will be 15 years in June been off tobacco. Started with 46 grams of nicotine (which BTW, is not what kill you, just keeps you hooked) now down to 6 mg. Been on these all these years. I have done EXTENSIVE research on all things vape. If one want's to listen to and believe the "news" about these things...ummm, "they" are bought and have sold out decades ago for lies...so many powerful folk wish us all to go back to tobacco with the 4000 plus chemicals. And we already KNOW that tobacco KILLS!
My e liquid holds only Propylene Glycol, six mg. of nicotine and only a tiny bit of flavoring as, Ny does not allow anymore flavors other than menthol or tobacco...I guess they think that adults don't like flavors anymore :rolleyes:
Here is a very small list of what Propylene Glycol is used in, you could drink it and it wouldn't hurt you:
  • Seasoning blends
  • Dried soups
  • Salad dressings
  • Baking mixes for foods like cakes, muffins, cinnamon buns, biscuits, cupcakes, and pancakes
  • Powdered drink mixes
  • Flavored teas
  • Soft drinks
  • Alcoholic beverages
  • Food coloring
  • Flavoring extracts
  • Highly processed snacks
  • Fast foods
  • Flavored popcorn
  • Cake frosting
  • Ice cream flavors
  • Mass-distributed baked desserts
  • Marshmallows
  • Dried coconut shreds
  • Sauces
  • Sour cream
  • Potato salad
  • Macaroni
  • Cheese‌

Apart from using it as a preservative and flavor enhancer, food manufacturers also use propylene glycol as an emulsifier, a texturizer, and a processing aid to enhance food's appearance.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww…mayflower called you ducky. I think it suits you. :)
I just received a Christmas card from a colleague in Yokohama. He included a picture of his new baby girl - dressed up as a fluffy yellow duck. :)

(She’s absolutely adorable!)

Last edited:

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@FluffyYellowDuck

Give the vaping over to God, I did with respect to smoking 50 cigs a day, and my desire to smoke was taken from me after being splashed, in an afternoon around the year 1989. Heredity issues then came to the fore after that and I have been using a machine now every night for just over 25 years to stay alive. That too was God's solution for me as well, a number of years later.

Losing weight is my focus at present and I am slowly winning in that area as well, with God's help.

Shalom

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i do like ducky. lol thank you guys! i failed a bit today.

the old juice didn't bother me, but the blu brand seems different. i don't know what is in it.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@FluffyYellowDuck

Give the vaping over to God, I did with respect to smoking 50 cigs a day, and my desire to smoke was taken from me after being splashed, in an afternoon around the year 1989. Heredity issues then came to the fore after that and I have been using a machine now every night for just over 25 years to stay alive. That too was God's solution for me as well, a number of years later.

Losing weight is my focus at present and I am slowly winning in that area as well, with God's help.

Shalom
Great you managed to quit, Sir.... :)