Quitting vaping

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have a stronghold lol

Anyway, I quit smoking a while back, but switched to vaping. But I am researching Manganese (? yeah, i can't spell that) toxicity and I have concerns about it, so I want to test my theory about things by tapering off and quitting for good.

if you wouldn't mind praying God helps me be patient with myself and everyone around me, I would be grateful.
thank you

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
i have a stronghold lol

Anyway, I quit smoking a while back, but switched to vaping. But I am researching Manganese (? yeah, i can't spell that) toxicity and I have concerns about it, so I want to test my theory about things by tapering off and quitting for good.

if you wouldn't mind praying God helps me be patient with myself and everyone around me, I would be grateful.
thank you
@FluffyYellowDuck Hoping it works out for you....

The context of vaping matters a lot, I guess; for some ppl it's not an end in itself, but is means to the end of quitting cigarettes and for some ppl it does work. The next stage - that of possibly quitting vaping also - can be following the prior groundwork of having quit cigarettes.

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t you get popcorn lungs from vaping? Some say vaping is worse than smoking the actual cigarettes.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t you get popcorn lungs from vaping? Some say vaping is worse than smoking the actual cigarettes.
yes, some flavors contain the same chemical that causes popcorn lung. I think smoking puts risks at a long term distance, but vaping has negative consequences in a shorter time.

the Flintstones AND
doctors lied to us with smoking, i think vaping will turn out to be the same kind of lie

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have a stronghold lol

thank you

Praying Fluffy, just keep cutting down on the nicotine level :)

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
if this mag toxicity mess causes hallucinating, and exists in the vape stuff, stay away from it

i have had real experiences, but also ones where i know its me. i also think if we can consider dmt, opium, as demonic doorways then maybe we should consider these things cause harm and it is not cool.

the bible time pagans that i cant remember right now intentionally used "spirits" for messes kind of like that

Reactions: Lambano

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
if this mag toxicity mess causes hallucinating, and exists in the vape stuff, stay away from it

i have had real experiences, but also ones where i know its me. i also think if we can consider dmt, opium, as demonic doorways then maybe we should consider these things cause harm and it is not cool.

the bible time pagans that i cant remember right now intentionally used "spirits" for messes kind of like that
Philippians 4 does stress the importance of sound and wholesome thinking, in keeping with a prayer life, so anything which does prove to be unsettling should indeed be avoided.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
i have a stronghold lol

thank you
well fluffy, hope it goes well with what you've set your mind to. My issue has never been vaping; my issue has been flapping.....bleedin' pain in the neck or should I say, the wings. All that flapping in my past never really got me off the ground but it did strengthen my shoulder muscles :)

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i have a stronghold lol

thank you
Hey. fluffers! I had the same problem. what I did was to take my ejuice from 27% down to 0 % It took a while, but get the kind that tastes like tobacco. When you get to 0%, after 2 weeks, the nicotine should be out of your system and you can quit. It works. Or if you are brave, you came do 0% now. It still tastes like tobacco, so you can fool your mind. I suggest gradually,but if you want, go for it! ♥

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hey. fluffers! I had the same problem. what I did was to take my ejuice from 27% down to 0 % It took a while, but get the kind that tastes like tobacco. When you get to 0%, after 2 weeks, the nicotine should be out of your system and you can quit. It works. Or if you are brave, you came do 0% now. It still tastes like tobacco, so you can fool your mind. I suggest gradually,but if you want, go for it! ♥
fool my mind....hmmmm

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yes!!! When i was an inpatient at a mental hospital (major depression) we were allowed coffee to drink. I could never figure out why, but we didn't care. One day I asked one of the nurses if the coffee we drank had any effect on our medication. She informed me that it was decaf. We were surprised, as we always needed a cup or two of it in the morning to get going. Placebo effect.

Same thing now. I quit drinking coffee, and now drink a coffee substitute. I know it is just chicory rye and barley, but guess what? 1 cup and I'm wide awake. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Oh yes!!! When i was an inpatient at a mental hospital (major depression) we were allowed coffee to drink. I could never figure out why, but we didn't care. One day I asked one of the nurses if the coffee we drank had any effect on our medication. She informed me that it was decaf. We were surprised, as we always needed a cup or two of it in the morning to get going. Placebo effect.

Same thing now. I quit drinking coffee, and now drink a coffee substitute. I know it is just chicory rye and barley, but guess what? 1 cup and I'm wide awake. :)
@Cassandra My wife drinks decaffeinated coffee in the evening.....

Reactions: Cassandra

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

@Cassandra So vaping lower levels of nicotine instead of getting it through cigarettes really worked for you, then. So did it maybe help any other smokers in your family, similarly, maybe? Often if it demonstrably works for someone, then others might be more willing to try it in order to cut down and eliminate the nicotine eventually....