Random Acts of Kindness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guilt can be good or evil with humans. One can be on a guilt trip of some abuser. So it is important to recognize when we feel guilty for doing something wicked and when that guilt is beat into us.
Emotion is prior to thought.
Good & evil is a belief.
The belief is dispelled by feeling emotion (by no longer suppressing emotion).

There is no experience of “we feel guilty”.
One Is never feeling on behalf of others.
There’s an experience of the thought, ‘we feel guilty’.
These beliefs about emotions are dispelled by the feeling of emotions.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"misquotes"?

Yes, misquotes!

I dont rewrite his quotes.

I take the main point,

This was the main point:

quote it..... and i just address it.
This is you addressing it (one of many, I might add!):

Sometimes he posts a lot of unrelated verses, and never explains them, as he can't.
So, i'll just delete all that.

Yes, you do "delete all that" and more!!!

Im only interested in giving him the exposure that he keeps earning based on the specific things he writes, and that is what "quote".

Actually, it is quite obvious that you don't quote, you misquote!

And if you aren't interested in being honest, I can't help you!

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes make myself slightly crazy by pondering whether I can actually ever do ANYTHING that is actually good. To most people, I seem extraordinarily generous. BUT, even in a random act of kindness for a complete stranger who has no idea who I am, I can't avoid self-satisfied thoughts such as "Wow, what a good person I am!" I can't avoid "That guy may not know who I am, but he thinks I'm wonderful!' Even, perhaps, "God saw that and is happy with me!" I suppose in a way it's the ultimate lesson in humility - that even when you do something that by any objective standard is truly kind and generous, you can't keep human pride out of the equation.
Human pride (already) isn’t in the equation.

A perceiver is never perceived.

Neither a doer nor human has ever been experienced.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fact that they can read, is not going to work out in your favor.
I think you are counting on dishonest people all being dishonest in the same way. Sure people hate the truth I speak...so you have some that will agree with you...not because they like you...but because they hate the truth as much as you do.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As not to guilt trip & reinforce the separate self of thoughts… hate’s an emotion… felt alongside… thoughts.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Sure people hate the truth I speak.

It it was truth, they wouldn't hate it and God wouldn't reject it.

You have to remember @Episkopos .. .you are on a "Christian" forum, and what you say, offends this reality, most of the time.

Now, on Youtube, your videos find their correct home, as that place is a ditch of deception.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
I think you are counting on dishonest people all being dishonest in the same way.

Its a lot of arrogant pride that declares that the members here, are "dishonest", if they dont agree with your bizarre teaching.

And your most recent cheerleader, is writing lies.

Its amazing in a bad way, how you affect people on this Forum.

They end up just like you.

Reactions: Phil .

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like how there is anger yet no one who’s angry, there’s honesty & dishonesty yet no one who’s dishonest or honest.
Similarly, arrogant is judgment, whereas arrogance is like the weather which is not in need of a weatherwoman.

• Haha
Reactions: Cyd

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It it was truth, they wouldn't hate it

Really??? The Bible shows the opposite. Jesus spoke truth yet he was more hated, to the point of death, than loved. Paul was stoned for speaking lies??? ;) I dont't think so!! Why was Paul hated....it was his testimony that was hated....his testimony of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 5: 10-12
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

and God wouldn't reject it.

... and you are the purveyor of what God rejects??? wow!!!!!:oops:
in post #63 I showed how you work....

Prov. 6: 16-19:
These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:

A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,

A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

The Lord help you!

Last edited:

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really??? The Bible shows the opposite. Jesus spoke truth yet he was more hated, to the point of death, than loved. Paul was stoned for speaking lies??? ;) I dont't think so!! Why was Paul hated....it was his testimony that was hated....his testimony of Jesus Christ.

Matthew 5: 10-12
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.

Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

... and you are the purveyor of what God rejects??? wow!!!!!:oops:
in post #63 I showed how you work....

Prov. 6: 16-19:
These six things the Lord hates,
Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:

A proud look,
A lying tongue,
Hands that shed innocent blood,

A heart that devises wicked plans,
Feet that are swift in running to evil,
A false witness who speaks lies,
And one who sows discord among brethren.

The Lord help you!
Bible doesn’t say Jesus was hated. That would be an added (mis)interpretation.

Same for Paul.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Same for Paul.

John 15:18-27

King James Version

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

John 15:18-27​

King James Version​

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But this cometh to pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
27 And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.
Still, nowhere in there does it say Jesus (or Paul) were hated.
The Bible wasn’t written with emotional suppression.

You have never experienced being hated.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Some people will see speaking of kindness in a positive way as going against the faith of Christ. I say that it's the opposite. If a person feels threatened by others doing good works, acts of charity and kindness...then their religion is vain.

Against love there is no law. And we are commanded by God to love others as ourselves.

What I think people will do is ignore the commandment of Jesus ...to love sacrificially as He did....and instead take away the righteousness of the righteous away from them in order to justify themselves in their disobedience to God.

Why not let God judge those who are outside the faith...as Paul teaches we should do (judge not)...and rather consider our own ways by working out our own salvation with fear and trembling?

Last edited:

Cyd

Nov 10, 2023
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Same for Paul.
John 7:7
The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

Oh and if that is your website what religion are you?

Phil .

Nov 1, 2022
Midwest.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.
Lucky seven’s!
Still, nowhere in there does it say Jesus (or Paul) were hated.

Oh and if that is your website what religion are you?
Tell Me what a you is and I’ll tell you, but then of course you isn’t asking.

From the forum guidelines…
As taught by Jesus:
Do unto others as you would have done unto yourself.
Forgive others. Accept & allow forgiveness for yourself.
Lean not on your understanding, but on Truth-God-Love.
Proper use of thought and speech is not to condemn, embarrass, isolate, exclude or shame; but to help the suffering to heal, the blind to see, and the oppressed to liberate.

Bear in mind Jesus wasn’t religious.

Laurina

Feb 28, 2023
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Bible doesn’t say Jesus was hated.
The world cannot hate you; but me it hates, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil.

And He was killed because... hmmmm

Matt. 5:11

People would act like this because..... okay, it's not love,....but you say it's not hate, so what is it??

Luke 4:28-29
And all they in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath,
And rose up, and thrust him out of the city, and led him unto the brow of the hill whereon their city was built, that they might cast him down headlong.

This is just anger, not hate?? Okay let's look some more....

Matt. 12:14
Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.

Mark 3:6
And the Pharisees went forth, and straightway took counsel with the Herodians against him, how they might destroy him.

Luke 6:11
And they were filled with madness; and communed one with another what they might do to Jesus.

John 5:18
Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that God was his Father, making himself equal with God.

That would be an added (mis)interpretation.
Truly???

Same for Paul.

Acts 13:45
But when the Jews saw the multitudes, they were filled with envy, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting and blaspheming.

Acts 14:19
And there came thither certain Jews from Antioch and Iconium, who persuaded the people, and having stoned Paul, drew him out of the city, supposing he had been dead.

2 Cor. 11:25
Thrice was I beaten with rods, once was I stoned, thrice I suffered shipwreck, a night and a day I have been in the deep;

Think why people reacted so strongly against Paul...if they hated Jesus, it follows that they would hate anyone who follows Him.