Rant: I am just irritated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took offense to something said to me today. Basically I felt like it was demeaning.

Someone was basically giving me an order and ended the phrase with "shouldn't be too hard." So I answered a question and said (verbatim) "And don't talk to me like that, please."

So I got loads back about how I "attacked" them by defending myself.

My view is why don't you just sit right down and listen to me. I get to set that bar for how I'm treated, so pfffft on that. Why do I have to sit there and be told for 40 minutes worth of texts that I'm attacking someone instead of getting an "I'm sorry."

It's draining.

Why should anyone else set my standard bar?

It's my standard bar isn't it!

Do a little limbo dance under it
if you want it lower

OK /rantend

Just needed someone to talk to and just Bleh at

We all need to let steam off from time to time. God never said that once said people would never be able to irritate us again. He did say be angry but don't sin, don't let the sun go down on your anger. So if you need to let off steam, go ahead and erupt! Better than holding it in and having it turn to bitterness.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Someone was basically giving me an order and ended the phrase with "shouldn't be too hard."

"Someone" gave you an order implies authority.

Does the person who said this have authority over you?

No, only God does.

Wow. That's not what it says throughout Scripture, e.g.:
  1. Exodus 20:12
  2. Romans 13:1
  3. Hebrews 13:17
  4. 1 Peter 2:13
  5. 2 Thessalonians 3:14
  6. Titus 3:1
  7. Luke 20:25
My guess is this person actually does have authority over you and that not acknowledging that hierarchy is the foundation of your rant.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, only God does.

Fluffy, God has set many people in authority over us.

Government leaders
Pastors
Parents (if we live at home)
Husband (for the wives)
Police
Bosses and so on.

We are to obey them even if they are nasty in speech. It is with a humble and obedient spirit that we can win that person. It is okay to blow off steam, because yes even the most steadfast believers can get very irritated when people are abusive. But if they are a person in authority over you and are not asking you to disobey the clear teachings of Scripture, you are bound to obey them even if they are nasty.

This is written here:
1 Peter 2:17-19
King James Version

17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.

18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

This also means interpersonal relationships with those who have authority over us.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Someone" gave you an order implies authority.

Wow. That's not what it says throughout Scripture, e.g.:
  1. Exodus 20:12
  2. Romans 13:1
  3. Hebrews 13:17
  4. 1 Peter 2:13
  5. 2 Thessalonians 3:14
  6. Titus 3:1
  7. Luke 20:25
My guess is this person actually does have authority over you and that not acknowledging that hierarchy is the foundation of your rant.
No, I am not married.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Government leaders
Pastors
Husband (for the wives)
Police
Bosses and so on.

We are to obey them even if they are nasty in speech. It is with a humble and obedient spirit that we can win that person. It is okay to blow off steam, because yes even the most steadfast believers can get very irritated when people are abusive. But if they are a person in authority over you and are not asking you to disobey the clear teachings of Scripture, you are bound to obey them even if they are nasty.

This is written here:
King James Version

18 Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear; not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

19 For this is thankworthy, if a man for conscience toward God endure grief, suffering wrongfully.

This also means interpersonal relationships with those who have authority over us.
None of those either lol

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Government leaders
Pastors
Husband (for the wives)
Police
Bosses and so on.

This is written here:
King James Version

I don't agree that we are to obey them no matter what. Nor do I think this is what scripture teaches

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) Thank you.

You're welcome. :)

Government leaders
Pastors
Husband (for the wives)
Police
Bosses and so on.

This is written here:
King James Version

Oh and I suppose that George Floyd wasn't supposed to open his mouth and say he couldn't breathe and just allow himself to take it no matter what and be suffocated to death!!! :mad:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I took offense to something said to me today. Basically I felt like it was demeaning.

Someone was basically giving me an order and ended the phrase with "shouldn't be too hard." So I answered a question and said (verbatim) "And don't talk to me like that, please."

So I got loads back about how I "attacked" them by defending myself.

My view is why don't you just sit right down and listen to me. I get to set that bar for how I'm treated, so pfffft on that. Why do I have to sit there and be told for 40 minutes worth of texts that I'm attacking someone instead of getting an "I'm sorry."

It's draining.

Why should anyone else set my standard bar?

It's my standard bar isn't it!

Do a little limbo dance under it
if you want it lower

OK /rantend

Just needed someone to talk to and just Bleh at
Hebrews 12:10

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you @Heart2Soul!

Although I have to say I wasn't wrong. This person is emotionally and verbally abusive and always has been to the point it has given me horrible symptoms of CPTSD and I constantly have to work myself through it. (I'm not going to explain too much but that's the biggest point)

I am just learning to stand up to it. I know I won't ever win anyway but at least I can know I tried.

A LOT of psychological manipulation, gaslighting, victim blaming, crazy making, etc.

Is this the hacker person too, Fluff? I would say if there are texts, to save them. You can definitely get an order for this person I think. I'd recommend it...

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oh and I suppose that George Floyd wasn't supposed to open his mouth and say he couldn't breathe...
Had Floyd not tried to pass off counterfeit money while high on Fentanyl and heroin, everything would have been completely normal. Had Chauvin been smart enough to make a proper arrest, he would not have been in the hot seat either. So Floyd is not Saint Floyd as some would have you believe. He had a criminal record. And Chauvin was just plain stupid (as were the rookies who stood by doing nothing).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never stated there was no authorities over us,

My argument was against the thinking that we MUST obey them no matter what.

We are warned against enslaving authorities:

Galatians 5:1 "Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage."

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to obey them even if they are nasty in speech. It is with a humble and obedient spirit that we can win that person.
"Stop talking like that! That shouldn't be to hard!"

An order, rudely put, from someone who has no authority over you.

Just making an example.

Not meaning to pick on you!

:)

Much love!

Reactions: DuckieLady

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, maybe I WILL rant a bit!

I just put half a dozen on ignore! I'm so tired of people who show their meanness when you disagree with them. Presumption, assumption, misrepresentation, quoting out of context, Oh it goes on and on. And the name calling, and all those little . . . Getting a grip now . . . thanks for letting me share . . .

Hi, I'm Mark! I'm an . . . . .

Much love!

:confused:

Reactions: dev553344

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler, I don’t believe you are considering everything. Yes, submit to authorities wherever God places you, but there are many places where men and women did not do that too, and they did well. Like the apostles, when they were forbid to preach the name of Jesus, did not submit to the governmental authorities, or the midwives, when they lied and said the Hebrew women birthed before they could arrive and did not kill the babies as the governmental authority ordered.

Tone

Dec 24, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler, I don’t believe you are considering everything. Yes, submit to authorities wherever God places you, but there are many places where men and women did not do that too, and they did well. Like the apostles, when they were forbid to preach the name of Jesus, did not submit to the governmental authorities, or the midwives, when they lied and said the Hebrew women birthed before they could arrive and did not kill the babies as the governmental authority ordered.

Yeah, these examples are of people who had an understanding of what the true authority was/is in context.

They saw past the usurpers and submitted to the real power.

It's like people who think that cops and politicians are the authority...they're not, in fact, the common tax payer has more authority than them.

The real authority here in the U.S. is the Constitution. And for believers, we are to obey said authority so long as it does not violate the highest authority of His Law.