Rant: I am just irritated

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
When we are told to contravene God's word, we are to respectfully decline, accepting whatever consequences may follow. See Daniel 3.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree that we are to obey them no matter what. Nor do I think this is what scripture teaches

Of course there is always the caveat that we do not obey them if they ask us to violate Scripture. Otherwise as the saying goes- if it ain't illegal, immoral, or unbiblical we are required to obey those in authority over us. Or face the consequences for refusing to obey.

Reactions: DuckieLady

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're welcome. :)

Oh and I suppose that George Floyd wasn't supposed to open his mouth and say he couldn't breathe and just allow himself to take it no matter what and be suffocated to death!!! :mad:

That is silly. But remember this, if a person can say they can't breather, they are lying! for someone cannot speak unless air is passing the vocal chords. That does not excuse the cruelty of Chauvin but there is far more to that incident than is reported in the leftist media.

And saying something hurts is not disobeying authority, it is conveying a fact!

In China if the police tell you to shut up and you speak- they may kill you! That is wrong! We are not to obey authorities if they are demanding we go against SCripture.

But maybe we should consider that the only time Jesus opened His mouth before the Sanhedrin at His illegal trial is when Caiaphas demanded by god for Jesus to say if He was Messiah. Other wise He kept silent and didn't even defend Himself except once.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Stop talking like that! That shouldn't be to hard!"

An order, rudely put, from someone who has no authority over you.

Just making an example.

Not meaning to pick on you!

:)

Much love!

I didn't think you were.

but people speaking rudely is something we should learn to handle with grace and mercy. Remember we are here to model Christ and not defend our rights not to be mistreated.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn't think you were.

but people speaking rudely is something we should learn to handle with grace and mercy. Remember we are here to model Christ and not defend our rights not to be mistreated.
Yes. And the flesh bristles at such behavior. We need to understand that's what's happening.

It sounds like our own thought, because that used to be me. I was that man of flesh, bristling at the slightest offense, so he sounds like me. But God's child doesn't feel that way. God's child recognizes a need, and responds in love.

So we need to sort our thoughts out.

Much love!

Reactions: Ronald Nolette

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had Floyd not tried to pass off counterfeit money while high on Fentanyl and heroin, everything would have been completely normal. Had Chauvin been smart enough to make a proper arrest, he would not have been in the hot seat either. So Floyd is not Saint Floyd as some would have you believe. He had a criminal record. And Chauvin was just plain stupid (as were the rookies who stood by doing nothing).

I never said that the officer was the only one in the wrong though.

That is silly. But remember this, if a person can say they can't breather, they are lying! for someone cannot speak unless air is passing the vocal chords. That does not excuse the cruelty of Chauvin but there is far more to that incident than is reported in the leftist media.

Well maybe he could breathe a little bit but I don't think he was being literal. He just meant that he could barely breathe.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said that the officer was the only one in the wrong though.

Well maybe he could breathe a little bit but I don't think he was being literal. He just meant that he could barely breathe.

Well literal or just over reaching, if he could speak, he could breathe and thus could not die of asphyxiation. the cops were wrong, but not guilty of murder.