RAPTURE QUESTIONS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ezekiel 37 has absolutely nothing to do with the Resurrection/Rapture of the Church. The entire prophecy of Ezekiel is about redeemed and restored Israel after the Second Coming of Christ.

Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. (v 11)
I indeed don't see the church in the OT at all...

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ezekiel 37 has absolutely nothing to do with the Resurrection/Rapture of the Church. The entire prophecy of Ezekiel is about redeemed and restored Israel after the Second Coming of Christ.

Then he said unto me, Son of man, these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts. (v 11)

That statement certainly is false.

The Ezekiel 37 chapter is SPECIFICALLY about the day of Christ's coming to gather His saints, and restore the kingdom of Israel with the joining back together of both houses. This is IMPOSSIBLE to miss, for it is clearly written!

So once again, you reveal you follow other things than the written Word of God.

I indeed don't see the church in the OT at all...

You all are saying the same thing.

The post Cross church is not pre-Cross.

They all are dead humans in the past.

The Second Coming is not for the dead humans in their graves. It is for the living humans on earth who are dead in their sins, or redeemed by Christ. The church is not to be confused with lost humanity. The church is removed first. Then Jesus Christ the Lamb deals with the rest living on the earth. Dead people from thousands of years ago are not brought back to life. The physical earthly condition is restored, but the restoration is only completed until after the battle of Armageddon, and all humanity is dead. THEN COMES THE RESURRECTION PERIOD! But only the way Revelation 20 describes it. Some will be raised to reign and populate the earth. The rest will be raised in the GWT. If you all cannot figure out who the church is from Adam till today, and when the church is presented to God as one complete body, stop guessing. You will find out soon one way or the other.

Paul says the church is not hindered by death. The rapture is not a resurrection. The dead in Christ have been raised and changed. That was completed on the Cross. Why is this hard to comprehend? Raised to walk in newness of life is physical death. We literally have to die (buried with Christ) first. The new life is in Paradise at physical death. Baptism does not give someone actual death and a new body. Physical death and resurrection is the spirit of baptism. If you all stay in the ground after death and do not go to Paradise, you all were never baptized in Christ. You be hanging out there till the GWT.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Timtofly In terms of the primary context, I wouldn't use the term church to refer to what was manifested before Pentecost, the birthday of the church (Acts 2).

As by one man sin entered and death by sin. So as by one man came the redemption. The Holy Spirit body of fellowship with other believers happened at Pentecost. The church is the restoration of both Jews and Gentiles. All of Adam could be restored since Adam, not just a minority of humanity.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
As by one man sin entered and death by sin. So as by one man came the redemption. The Holy Spirit body of fellowship with other believers happened at Pentecost. The church is the restoration of both Jews and Gentiles. All of Adam could be restored since Adam, not just a minority of humanity.
I do see ppl from both a Jewish and Gentile background in the church.

Paul does see the three groups of ppl: Jews, Gentiles and the church of God (1 Cor. 10.32).

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They CAN NOT comprehend.

Amen!

Glory to God,
Taken

Strange, since Apostle Paul in 1 Thessalonians 5:1-9 was pointing to God's cup of wrath poured out upon the wicked on the FINAL DAY of this world, which is what the "sudden destruction" upon those who say, "Peace and safety" is about.

Paul was talking about this 'wrath' that will end the tribulation...

Rev 19:11-16
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and He That sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He doth judge and make war.
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself.
13 And He was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and His name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed Him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of His mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it He should smite the nations: and He shall rule them with a rod of iron: and He treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

16 And He hath on His vesture and on His thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
KJV

That's the wrath those in Christ are not appointed to per Apostle Paul. That is the "day of the Lord" that will come "as a thief in the night" that Paul spoke of. It is the FINAL DAY of this present world. And it is the DAY when Jesus comes to gather His Church. The pre-trib rapture doctors are telling lies against God's Word, and they will have their reward.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, strange you are responding TO...
Eh who knows.

This is what is strange, but what you said Amen to...

"The rapture will usher in the day of wrath, which will be seven years long."

That of course is false. The gathering of the Church doesn't happen until after... the tribulation is over, like Jesus taught in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27. And per the OT prophets, the day of God's wrath upon the wicked will occur at an instant, suddenly, which is where Apostle Paul got the idea of the "sudden destruction" upon the wicked in 1 Thess.5. What do you not understand about the word "sudden"? How can sudden mean 7 years?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what is strange, but what you said Amen to...

"The rapture will usher in the day of wrath, which will be seven years long."

That of course is false. The gathering of the Church doesn't happen until after... the tribulation is over, like Jesus taught in Matthew 24:29-31 and Mark 13:24-27. And per the OT prophets, the day of God's wrath upon the wicked will occur at an instant, suddenly, which is where Apostle Paul got the idea of the "sudden destruction" upon the wicked in 1 Thess.5. What do you not understand about the word "sudden"? How can sudden mean 7 years?

Your addressing me is nonsensical.
Address my quotes.

BY the way, The Tribulation is in 7x3 events during 7 yrs, and 1,000 yr Kingdom on Earth, Judgement, destruction thereafter, then renewing.

If you want to be ON Earth during the Trib...
Enjoy the events and stench of Death.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your addressing me is nonsensical.
Address my quotes.

BY the way, The Tribulation is in 7x3 events during 7 yrs, and 1,000 yr Kingdom on Earth, Judgement, destruction thereafter, then renewing.

If you want to be ON Earth during the Trib...
Enjoy the events and stench of Death.

If you want to have a competent conversation, then you'll have to begin addressing the Scriptures I have provided, instead of doing all that whining.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to have a competent conversation, then you'll have to begin addressing the Scriptures I have provided, instead of doing all that whining.

There is no expectation on my part to have a worthy conversation with you.
I do not have to address anything you have said. You speaking to me in fragments is nonsensical. If telling you that is Whining...WHO cares?
If you simply want to lecture...spout Scriptural verses...and demand another address Them...which means what?
Explain them to you?
Wonder if you are attempting to use them as a support for a claim?
Wonder if you are attempting to use them against something I have said?
Who knows?
N sur dnt wnt 2 let u no u R NT mkn a rsonbl request. U won't get it.