Re Spirit baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
All I am saying is your heart is closed to the subject of baptism your flesh has determined that you know and no longer need to study the subject may you have peace in your beliefs.
My heart was opened by God to be baptised in the Spirit....no, it’s the Spirit that has determined that I know what it means to be birthed in the Spirit, God testified with my spirit 31 yrs ago that I’m his child...

Does God testifying to our spirit make sense to you?

Romans 8:16 Context​

13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

Reactions: St. SteVen

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My heart was opened by God to be baptised in the Spirit....no, it’s the Spirit that has determined that I know what it means to be birthed in the Spirit, God testified with my spirit 31 yrs ago that I’m his child...

Does God testifying to our spirit make sense to you?

Romans 8:16 Context​

13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live. 14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. 15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. 16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. 18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Yes sister I agree we must walk in the spirit our salvation does not stop at our new birth but as you have faithfully pointed out we must walk in the spirit until our Lord calls us home. Our difference is how we get the spirit and I think God spells it out we are not fully understanding what God is trying to tell us because we depend too much on our own understanding.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes sister I agree we must walk in the spirit our salvation does not stop at our new birth but as you have faithfully pointed out we must walk in the spirit until our Lord calls us home. Our difference is how we get the spirit and I think God spells it out we are not fully understanding what God is trying to tell us because we depend too much on our own understanding.
I fully understand what God testified to my spirit, 31 yrs ago....that I’m Born Again/ God’s child.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t understand what I’m saying.....as you say, we are all a work in progress and we’re all at different stages in our spiritual growth....

Will leave it there have a nice day and God Bless.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we could say the same about you

This is not a valid argument
First did you read all I have had to say on this subject? I really do not want to have to repeat myself.
Then we will say you have so answer me a few questions. Did Peter speak from the spirit not say that the baptism in the name of Christ was for remission of sin and the giving of the spirit if not how not it read it word for word from Gods word so show me how it did not mean what it said which was wrong it doesn't remit sin as told or it does not give the spirit as told?

Where go you see a command to be baptized in the spirit to receive the power of confirming the word isn't that different from the indwelling spirit and comes about by laying on of hands as seen in Acts 19 please show me why it is not as recorded.

Please show me why all the connecting scriptures that deal with the baptism in the name of Christ is miss written in the bible
If you want me to believe you then you must take these scriptures and show me how the were miswritten.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I fully understand what God testified to my spirit, 31 yrs ago....that I’m Born Again/ God’s child.

It doesn’t matter if you don’t understand what I’m saying.....as you say, we are all a work in progress and we’re all at different stages in our spiritual growth....

Will leave it there have a nice day and God Bless.
You have a very blessed day my sister enjoyed your feed back

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did try to show you all the scriptures God has given to prove he meant what he said.
Wow. Like you really need to do that?

If you follow the study it shows beyond doubt.
Your superior opinion again?

Sorry I seem to stand alone but you are missing out on the beautiful things water baptism does .
I am fully appraised of the value of baptism.
Do you understand how many people you are damning with your foolish opinion?

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
First did you read all I have had to say on this subject? I really do not want to have to repeat myself.
Then we will say you have so answer me a few questions. Did Peter speak from the spirit not say that the baptism in the name of Christ was for remission of sin and the giving of the spirit if not how not it read it word for word from Gods word so show me how it did not mean what it said which was wrong it doesn't remit sin as told or it does not give the spirit as told?

Where go you see a command to be baptized in the spirit to receive the power of confirming the word isn't that different from the indwelling spirit and comes about by laying on of hands as seen in Acts 19 please show me why it is not as recorded.

Please show me why all the connecting scriptures that deal with the baptism in the name of Christ is miss written in the bible
If you want me to believe you then you must take these scriptures and show me how the were miswritten.
Do you understand what the Living word of God is saying here?

John 3:8​

“The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.”

And this scripture....what do you think it means?

Hebrews 4:12

New International Version

12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow. Like you really need to do that?

Your superior opinion again?

I am fully appraised of the value of baptism.
Do you understand how many people you are damning with your foolish opinion?
I am not try to damn anyone but get out what God has said I quoted scripture not my words but scripture if it offend that is not me but the spirit trying to get you to open your eyes all I am doing is quoting scripture on a subject that is hard to take

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not try to damn anyone but get out what God has said I quoted scripture not my words but scripture if it offend that is not me but the spirit trying to get you to open your eyes all I am doing is quoting scripture on a subject that is hard to take
Playing the "God card" then, to win the debate. Boo!
What about the scriptures we shared with you?

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That saw cuts both ways.
Why do you pretend that your opinion is superior to that of others?
all I am doing is quoting scripture on the subject that is all just showing how the scriptures line up on this topic sorry if it offends but it is not my word but the scripture we are told to study

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A public declaration.

Acts 2:41 NIV
Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

@David in NJ
But you left out that the fact of the message had to add baptism in Christ name in it for the remission of sin and giving the spirit do you think that the baptism in Christ does infarct remit sin and give the indwelling spirit as Peter said or was just speaking his opinion?

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But you left out that the fact of the message had to add baptism in Christ name in it for the remission of sin and giving the spirit do you think that the baptism in Christ does infarct remit sin and give the indwelling spirit as Peter said or was just speaking his opinion?
Have you been water baptized?
Testify to what happened, please. Thanks.

I asked you earlier if you had the Baptism with the Holy Spirit with evidence.
I don't recall seeing any response.