Re Spirit baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Desire? Yes, AFTER, he was told about it and it's need! Needed for what? Forgiveness of sins, becoming part of the body of Christ, receiving the gift of the Spirit. He knew nothing about baptism until Philip told him. He knew nothing very much of anything including Christ.
Yes brother this I agree with thank you for your response Amen brother.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um

John wroteJesus gospel

Andjesus said if you want to be born again,that is why he came here To be risen on the cross so that whoever believes in him will not die, but live forever.

You need to make acts and John agree..
Yes I gave a sloppy hurried answer and need to come back and do a better job with God's word. I will try to get back to this and give it the time it deserves

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Desire? Yes, AFTER, he was told about it and it's need! Needed for what? Forgiveness of sins, becoming part of the body of Christ, receiving the gift of the Spirit. He knew nothing about baptism until Philip told him. He knew nothing very much of anything including Christ.
That seems rather naive.
He was a well educated individual of some status, that had traveled a great distance to acquire a scroll of
the Prophet Isaiah. (at great expense) And driving a chariot. (like someone driving a Corvette today)

Knew nothing? Get real.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
um

John wroteJesus gospel

Andjesus said if you want to be born again,that is why he came here To be risen on the cross so that whoever believes in him will not die, but live forever.

You need to make acts and John agree..
John was the begging Gospel of Christ the gospel John wrote was looking for the kingdom to come the kingdom had not come yet. It is point to the cross of Christ it tells what will happen when the kingdom comes. The spirit is not given in Johns gospel because Christ
John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Therefore the baptism in water and in spirit has not come to play it is in the future when the kingdom comes. in the meantime Jesus is baptizing for remission of sin unto repentance because the baptism in his name that he will baptize with has not come into play for the baptism Jesus is to baptize with in the new king is into his death so all of the gospel John is giving is waiting for the kingdom to come

In Acts the kingdom has come, it came into being after the cross was fulfilled now the new covenant comes into play the old has passed away with the new testator of the new covenant

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Acts is a continuation of the gospels of Matthew Mark Luke and John it finishes the gospels the others was leading up to Acts and Acts is the completion of What God had plan for mans redemption.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John was the begging Gospel of Christ the gospel John wrote was looking for the kingdom to come the kingdom had not come yet. It is point to the cross of Christ it tells what will happen when the kingdom comes. The spirit is not given in Johns gospel because Christ
John 7:39 (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)
Therefore the baptism in water and in spirit has not come to play it is in the future when the kingdom comes. in the meantime Jesus is baptizing for remission of sin unto repentance because the baptism in his name that he will baptize with has not come into play for the baptism Jesus is to baptize with in the new king is into his death so all of the gospel John is giving is waiting for the kingdom to come

In Acts the kingdom has come, it came into being after the cross was fulfilled now the new covenant comes into play the old has passed away with the new testator of the new covenant

Hebrews 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

Acts is a continuation of the gospels of Matthew Mark Luke and John it finishes the gospels the others was leading up to Acts and Acts is the completion of What God had plan for mans redemption.

With that opening of the holy spirit now on man. The written Gospels for them at that time they had in my opinion before Ad 70. They where able to go back and spiritually understand, things as well. The entire time except when Jesus spoke clearly to his apostles, the parables where unknowable to them. An example would be when Jesus propechied about the signs of the times, for them to look for and watch for and to be ready, they continued on even after this death, reminded of those things too by the spirit.

There is so much today by and through this life being lived for Christ in which truly can be helped in any individual who ask the Father openly either in said prayer outloud or inwardly that he will help anyone who calls out to him.

Luke 11:13

Revelation is an interesting book cause what he did not know before he knew then.

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That seems rather naive.
He was a well educated individual of some status, that had traveled a great distance to acquire a scroll of
the Prophet Isaiah. (at great expense) And driving a chariot. (like someone driving a Corvette today)

Knew nothing? Get real.
With all due respect sir did you read the story as God had it recorded I ill post it for your viewing

Acts 8:
26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

read it carefully not as to miss what is said
The spirit sent Philip ot this poor soul who was reading he prophet Esaias and Philip asked if he undestood what he was reading and He answered How can I, except some man should guide me? So Philip began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Now it said nothing about Philip preaching baptism but apparently he did while preaching Jesus (The gospel of Christ) otherwise why would the unlearned eunuch asked to be baptized in water must have heard it in the gospel of Christ you think? I bet is was the same one Peter preached on the day of Pentecost when he opened the doors to the church and God started adding to the church those responding this way to the gospel call.
Same gospel from Peter given him by the spirit from God same one Philip preached as well as Paul and all of Gods spokesmen until this day.

Biblical proof that to preach Jesus (the gospel) is to preach the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38

Hope this answers your question and thanks for hearing me out May we always speak the oracles of God and keep searching the scripture for in them are the words of truth and eternal life.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With all due respect sir did you read the story as God had it recorded I ill post it for your viewing

Acts 8:
26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him read the prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And he said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip that he would come up and sit with him.

32 The place of the scripture which he read was this, He was led as a sheep to the slaughter; and like a lamb dumb before his shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation his judgment was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? for his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the prophet this? of himself, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

read it carefully not as to miss what is said
The spirit sent Philip ot this poor soul who was reading he prophet Esaias and Philip asked if he undestood what he was reading and He answered How can I, except some man should guide me? So Philip began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

Now it said nothing about Philip preaching baptism but apparently he did while preaching Jesus (The gospel of Christ) otherwise why would the unlearned eunuch asked to be baptized in water must have heard it in the gospel of Christ you think? I bet is was the same one Peter preached on the day of Pentecost when he opened the doors to the church and God started adding to the church those responding this way to the gospel call.
Same gospel from Peter given him by the spirit from God same one Philip preached as well as Paul and all of Gods spokesmen until this day.

Biblical proof that to preach Jesus (the gospel) is to preach the baptism in the name of Jesus Christ Acts 2:38

Hope this answers your question and thanks for hearing me out May we always speak the oracles of God and keep searching the scripture for in them are the words of truth and eternal life.
Thank you dude!

Great insights and awesome encouragement praise Yahava for his goodness! May you continue to be enlighted and share good things as you plant and water with God giving the increase to individuals who are willingly to listen to those whom share the Gospel with others, which is the power of God unto salvation. :)

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With that opening of the holy spirit now on man. The written Gospels for them at that time they had in my opinion before Ad 70. They where able to go back and spiritually understand, things as well. The entire time except when Jesus spoke clearly to his apostles, the parables where unknowable to them. An example would be when Jesus propechied about the signs of the times, for them to look for and watch for and to be ready, they continued on even after this death, reminded of those things too by the spirit.

There is so much today by and through this life being lived for Christ in which truly can be helped in any individual who ask the Father openly either in said prayer outloud or inwardly that he will help anyone who calls out to him.

Luke 11:13

Revelation is an interesting book cause what he did not know before he knew then.
Read Ephesians 3 The mystery is given God no longer speaks in parables from Acts on He has made known His true plan of salvation

Godslittleservant

Aug 28, 2023
Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you dude!

Great insights and awesome encouragement praise Yahava for his goodness! May you continue to be enlighted and share good things as you plant and water with God giving the increase to individuals who are willingly to listen to those whom share the Gospel with others, which is the power of God unto salvation. :)
May God bless you richly with his love my brother

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, the general standard for determining what should be church doctrine is that It was said or done by Jesus in the Gospels and it is confirmed in the Book of Acts.

As far as I understand, this is to differentiate between what was for all vs what was meant specifically for the Jews at that time.
When you get the chance, post what you see was only meant for the Jews in the Gospel.

Common sense is obvious = like Mary being found with child from Holy Spirit and references specific to Jerusalem.

What about this: Matthew ch24 for the Jew only?

What about Ephesians and Galatians? for the Gentiles only?

Is the Book of Hebrews only for the Jews?

What about Peters Epistles? for the Jews only?

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every single word in the new testament agrees . I have always had great concern and worry
for those who try and pit letter against letter and try and teach things like james dont apply to us
or hebrews or etc . They try and preach the idea that somehow the words of CHRIST in the gospels no longer apply
or you name it they done done it . As for the lambs , WE SHALL EMBRACE ER WORD as meat for our soul .
And this idea there are two gospels cometh yet again FROM MAN , NOT GOD , NOT CHRIST and not the apostles either .
EVERY word is meat for our soul my friend . YEP . its just that simple .
Did not our LORD and SAVIOR command us saying: "What God has put together let no man separate"

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
We are born again Christian to stand for the truth in Gods word. If there seems to be unlearned in the truth of scripture and falsely proclaiming Gods word whether by unlearned or bias it is our deed to stand and correct the mishap and teach the truth in Gods word
And you "know it all" I guess.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In fact, the general standard for determining what should be church doctrine is that It was said or done by Jesus in the Gospels and it is confirmed in the Book of Acts.

As far as I understand, this is to differentiate between what was for all vs what was meant specifically for the Jews at that time.
Do you believe this statement to be TRUTH?

Gospel of John, Acts, Galatians, Ephesians and Romans all confirm One Savior/One Holy Spirit for One Body of Christ = Jew & Gentile Together as One.

Yes/No and let me know of anything in peticular

Reactions: amigo de christo

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That seems rather naive.

Knew nothing? Get real.
i was thinking maybe a Lincoln Navigator

• Haha
Reactions: St. SteVen

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ
Some just beg to be ignored or worse, bc of their outrageous claims on God & to God, his Son & his Spirit !
There is little humility but great pride shown among the most vocal of posters in these forums.

James 1:19-20 KJV
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Is rarely heeded!

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@David in NJ
Some just beg to be ignored or worse, bc of their outrageous claims on God & to God, his Son & his Spirit !
There is little humility but great pride shown among the most vocal of posters in these forums.

James 1:19-20 KJV
Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: for the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Is rarely heeded!
If i said something 'out of place' - forgive me and feel free to let me know.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If i said something 'out of place' - forgive me and feel free to let me know.
Not referencing you my brother.

We see ppl who can no longer " hear" the truth of the word and can no longer be taught.

It is a sad realization that some love their own thoughts instead of God's word to us.
No one really likes correction but it is a must on the plumline of God.
The way is narrow & the gate is straight.

I hope I'm in the right thread where I have seen some withstand the truth you speak.

If not, then forgive me my intrusion.