Re Spirit baptism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

GRACE ambassador

Mar 1, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
--and it is the Spirit that now teach and guides us, correct? Well, I don't know my "gift" and where I fit into the body of Christ and what my calling is, being very transparent with you.
I believe your humility and honesty are a good start to growth and maturity in The Grace Of God. It may take some time (11 years for me) to find out what [ my ] denominational leaders (pastors, teachers, elders, deacons, evangelists, etc.) were not equipping [ me ] with to (solve ALL the [ "pick and choose" ] Confusion of a weak and Severely Divided church, and) understand His Purpose for His people:

1) The Correct Way to study Scripture, for God's Approval (2 Timothy 2:15).

2) All the other Bible study Rules God Has For me, to help me understand His Word Of Truth,
with The Blessed Teacher, The Holy Spirit.

3) Seems to me currently my gift may be of "helps" to edify and encourage others who are
new babes In Christ, or are already growing, but are still baffled and mystified by the same
Confusion that I have been through.

I will pray for you, Johann, for The Blessed Spirit to help and guide you on your own journey.
Always available for clarification or questions...

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It goes on . . . . . . . . .

It's what I said at first. I didn't open the thread looking to see someone's head in a toilet. To me that comes across lowbrow.

And because you didn't use words, the viewer is left to their own interpretation of this ugly little display of someone vomiting their booze into the the toilet.

Enough said?

Much love!
Ok enough! .....and you stay stuck with your insistent view. So let me see if I can pull up a text the practice of which is so favoured among those that know.....hmmmmm. 'I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? John 3:2 :)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? John 3:2
Colossians 3:1-4 YLT
1) If, then, ye were raised with the Christ, the things above seek ye, where the Christ is, on the right hand of God seated,
2) the things above mind ye, not the things upon the earth,
3) for ye did die, and your life hath been hid with the Christ in God;
4) when the Christ—our life—may be manifested, then also we with him shall be manifested in glory.

Much love!

Reactions: David in NJ

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Perhaps a Christian forum is no place for the vulgar to post their vulgarity.
As what else would post it in photos on a Christian forum

What do you THINK, or do you?
ohhh Behold.....our objective is to grow and a part of that is the ability to think laterally and to make enquiry while honing the skill of being long suffering, not glorify and glory in subjectivity where all and any who try to stimulate our thinking are put down with condescending attitudes and insistent misunderstanding so that petty immature ways of seeing are so entrenched one can't see the forest for the trees.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great questions - summary of my own Bible study:

Three Bible baptisms distinctions and Differences

"Prophecy/covenants/Law" {earthly} gospel of the kingdom, ISRAEL "Prominent!"
{past/future}

►►► The Twelve Were Sent to {water} baptize! ◄◄◄
The TWO Main (of 12) baptismS =

A) water, For remission of sins!:
(Matthew_3:5-6; Mark_1:4; Luke_3:3; John_1:31; Luke_7:29-30; Acts_10:37)
(Matthew_28:19; Mark_16:16; Acts_2:38, 22:16; Ezekiel_36:25)
+
B) WITH The Holy Spirit, Poured Out By CHRIST, for power, signs And wonders!
(Isaiah_44:3; Matthew_3:11; Mark_1:8, 16:17-18;
Luke_24:49; Acts_2:17-18, 38, 8:15-17, 11:16)

Rightly Divided (2 Timothy 2:15) From “Things That Differ” (online)

"Mystery/GRACE!" { Heavenly! } Gospel Of GRACE, Jew And Gentile "Equal!"
{Current, Today!}

►►► Paul Was Not Sent to {water} baptize! Why Not?: ◄◄◄

Today: Only ONE Baptism = "BY" The ONE Spirit = God's OPERATION,
Spiritually
Identifying members In (The ONE Body Of) CHRIST!!
(Ephesians_4:5; Colossians_2:12; Galatians_3:27;
Romans_6:3-4; 1_Corinthians_12:13 KJB!)
My studies appear to have come to a different conclusion than everyone else here.

EPH 4:5 “One baptism”

EPH 4:3-6 eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to the one hope that belongs to your call, 5 one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 one God and Father of us all, who is above all and through all and in all.

Remember taking those tests in school where you were supposed to pick out the one thing that didn't fit in a listing of four things? Example: What word doesn't fit in the following list? Rose, lily, rock, carnation. Got the answer? It's rock of course. Now let’s see if that same logic’ actually applies to spiritually understanding the “one baptism” of Eph 4:5. Keep in mind that this list is in reference to the “one hope” of “your call” to what? Or should I say; to WHO???

"One Lord"...is that speaking of you or Jesus?
"one faith"...is that faith in you or faith in Jesus?
"one God and Father...is that like when Isa 9:6 said Jesus' name was "mighty God", "Everlasting Father," or is it talking about you as a god and father?

Now, we only have one other thing left in that list, and it is the "one baptism". So, the question for me is; Is this 'a baptism' that pertains to you...or to Jesus?

Scripturally speaking, there is more than ‘one baptism’ that pertains to the ‘foundational’ doctrines for ‘YOU and I as a Christian’.

The one baptism of Eph 4:5 that you must believe in, is the baptism of His death and resurrection, not yours.
That is what gives us His spirit....making us his spiritual body on earth.

QUESTION; Is there ONE baptism or MULTIPLE baptisms, for us, before one can attain maturity unto perfection?

HEB 6:1-2 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God, 2 Of the doctrine of BAPTISMS, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

If there are multiple “baptisms” pertaining to our faith (and our “perfection”), then what one baptism might scripture be speaking of, as we read Eph. 4:5?

LUK 12:50 But I/Jesus have... a baptism… to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!

The baptism spoken of here isn’t with ‘repentance' or 'water’ or even the ‘Holy Spirit’ because Jesus already had those baptisms. The baptism spoken of here is the “baptism into death” which Jesus still had laying ahead of Him, to be accomplished on the cross.

ROM 6:3-5
Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we shall certainly be united with him in a resurrection like his.

This verse above speaks of the “one baptism” in Luke 12:50 which Jesus still had not received. And scripture says we identify with Jesus in this baptism of death when we participate in ‘one’ of those ‘foundational baptisms’ in Hebrews 6. Baptisms, which scripture says, we should experience in laying down the very foundation of our faith’ before we can even go on to “perfection/maturity”.

My conclusion is this; The Ephesians baptism is the only baptism necessary for us to ALL believe in concerning the “one hope” of our “one call in Christ. It is the only baptism (“one baptism”) we must cling to, which will determine whether we maintain “the unity of the Spirit” or not. And in the context, ‘the unity of the Spirit is what Eph 4 is talking about. It is not referencing the ‘unity of the Church’ based upon 'a conformity of doctrinal theology' that we must have including water. That's an 'application of understanding' that even Paul refutes.

1CO 1:12-17: …13 Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?
14 I thank God that I baptized none of you,…

1CO 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I believe your humility and honesty are a good start to growth and maturity in The Grace Of God. It may take some time (11 years for me) to find out what [ my ] denominational leaders (pastors, teachers, elders, deacons, evangelists, etc.) were not equipping [ me ] with to (solve ALL the [ "pick and choose" ] Confusion of a weak and Severely Divided church, and) understand His Purpose for His people:

1) The Correct Way to study Scripture, for God's Approval (2 Timothy 2:15).

2) All the other Bible study Rules God Has For me, to help me understand His Word Of Truth,
with The Blessed Teacher, The Holy Spirit.

3) Seems to me currently my gift may be of "helps" to edify and encourage others who are
new babes In Christ, or are already growing, but are still baffled and mystified by the same
Confusion that I have been through.

I will pray for you, Johann, for The Blessed Spirit to help and guide you on your own journey.
Always available for clarification or questions...

Grace, Peace, And JOY In Christ, And In His Word Of Truth, Rightly
Divided (+ I and II)
!
Thank you @GRACE ambassador

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there a distinction between water baptism and the baptism of the Holy Spirit?
Yes. Water baptism is a picture or an “it is like.” It is similar to when Jesus would say, the kingdom of heaven is “like” thus and thus, using something that we do see in the temporal world to explain a heavenly thing that we don’t see with our physical eyes. Water baptism is…ceremonial. Spirit baptism is what water baptism SPEAKS of.

All of the sacraments of the church are like this. Physical circumcision speaks of the real circumcision in spirit and truth, which is Gods cutting of a man’s heart so it is tender towards Him and His working there.
The marriage sacrament speaks of the heavenly and eternal joining.
All of the sacraments are pictures of the heavenly. They are patterned after heavenly things just as the temple was patterned after the one in heaven.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The miraculous gifts have ceased 1 Cor 13:8, so you don't have one of those listed in 1 Cor 12:8-10, nor dies anyone else, but a baptized believer has the gift (singular), the indwelling of the Holy Ghost. And no, you're not reading me correctly.
You said: "The miraculous gifts have ceased" = this is FALSE

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit have not ceased.

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit will not cease until a Believer/son of God is in the very Presence of the LORD = "face to Face".

All false teaching come from unbelief and/or misunderstanding of scripture thru man's intellect.

Last edited:

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think men say it because they don’t see any miracles because we are in such a weakened state. And so they see no miracles and conclude they no longer are done.
It’s like the verse that says you have little strength. And like, But He could not do many miracles there because of lack of belief.

‘I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have followed My word, and have not denied My name.

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The miraculous gifts have ceased 1 Cor 13:8, so you don't have one of those listed in 1 Cor 12:8-10, nor dies anyone else, but a baptized believer has the gift (singular), the indwelling of the Holy Ghost. And no, you're not reading me correctly.
The miraculous has ceased???? Or, you have just never experienced anything supernatural? Well, I have experienced dunamis/power or supernatural manifestations. And that has happened with 'both' God and Satan. I have heard with my ears seen with my eyes and been physically grabbed by the supernatural dunnamis/power of Satan and his minions. But thank MY GOD, He didn't just leave me with 'a book', to fight the spiritual demonic with. The bible is simply a guide post....not the goal post. Being like Jesus is the goal.

LUK 10:19 Behold, I give unto you power (bad translation exousia/authority) to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power/dunamis of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

1411 dunamis: force (lit. or fig.); specifically, miraculous power (usually by implication, a miracle itself)

I truly thank God that I have personally manifested 8 of the 9 'supernatural manifestations' of the Holy Spirit, promised in 1Cor 12. Not because I had 8 gifts. I only had 1 doma/gift. And that 1 gift was the person of the Holy Spirit and His dunamis/power gifts/manifestations.

Last edited:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think men say it because they don’t see any miracles because we are in such a weakened state. And so they see no miracles and conclude they no longer are done.
It’s like the verse that says you have little strength. And like, But He could not do many miracles there because of lack of belief.

‘I know your deeds. Behold, I have put before you an open door which no one can shut, because you have a little power, and have followed My word, and have not denied My name.
100% True

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just read Wigglesworths prophecy about two large revivals though. Have you read it?
Never read that.

i know that Revival is Sent by God thru the Holy Spirit as shown in Acts = case in point 'Stephen'.

When God's People humble themselves, seek His Face, submit to Truth = then God will answer from Heaven

Christians today, here in USA, are comfortable in false doctrine, in men's admiration/approval, and sitting in a building.

Look what goes on here - people spend more energy arguing against Scripture instead of bowing the knee/heart and rejoicing in it.

Always looking on the outward.......................

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Never read that.

i know that Revival is Sent by God thru the Holy Spirit as shown in Acts = case in point 'Stephen'.

When God's People humble themselves, seek His Face, submit to Truth = then God will answer from Heaven

Christians today, here in USA, are comfortable in false doctrine, in men's admiration/approval, and sitting in a building.

Look what goes on here - people spend more energy arguing against Scripture instead of bowing the knee/heart and rejoicing in it.

Looking on the outward.......................
Rockytopva started a thread yesterday of a video of someone reading Wigglesworths writing. I’d heard of him but never read him. I was so captivated listening that I went and searched and found a free pdf book of 4 of his books in one and also a prophetic utterance about revival he saw. I posted them in the thread if you want to read the prophecy.
Isnt it strangely wonderful that even the secular news was abuzz with the revival that began in Kentucky, and then that Jesus movie came out right after? It’s like I can smell rain coming. :)

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rockytopva started a thread yesterday of a video of someone reading Wigglesworths writing. I’d heard of him but never read him. I was so captivated listening that I went and searched and found a free pdf book of 4 of his books in one and also a prophetic utterance about revival he saw. I posted them in the thread if you want to read the prophecy.
Isnt it strangely wonderful that even the secular news was abuzz with the revival that began in Kentucky, and then that Jesus movie came out right after? It’s like I can smell rain coming. :)
AMEN - Keep rejoicing, keep on praying and praising Him = HE inhabits the praises of His People = which You ARE

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit have not ceased.

The Gifts of the Holy Spirit will not cease until a Believer/son of God is in the very Presence of the LORD = "face to Face".

All false teaching come from unbelief and/or misunderstanding of scripture thru man's intellect.
Here are the miraculous gifts (plural), those which were manifested by the laying on of the apostle's hands, not gift (singular as in Acts 2:38 which is the Holy Ghost or Spirit itself) that believers receive when baptized. Who's doing these today? You? Are you performing miracles or prophesying, or speaking in diverse earthly languages, or interpreting tongues, or have the word or wisdom or knowledge, or had the faith that Steven had, etc?

1 Cor 12:8-10

8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are the miraculous gifts (plural), those which were manifested by the laying on of the apostle's hands, not gift (singular as in Acts 2:38 which is the Holy Ghost or Spirit itself) that believers receive when baptized. Who's doing these today? You? Are you performing miracles or prophesying, or speaking in diverse earthly languages, or interpreting tongues, or have the word or wisdom or knowledge, or had the faith that Steven had, etc?

1 Cor 12:8-10

8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

The Great News is that Christ is our High Priest and Apostle, therefore HE has all Authority to Baptize anyone in the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 3:1
"Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,"

More Great News = the Holy Spirit continues to pour out His Gifts as mentioned in 1 Corinthians ch12 - ch14

More Great News = the Holy Spirit expressly stated when the Gifts will cease. HE told us this in Acts and 1 Corinthians.

Reactions: marks

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Great News is that Christ is our High Priest and Apostle, therefore HE has all Authority to Baptize anyone in the Holy Spirit.

Hebrews 3:1
"Therefore, holy brethren, partakers of the heavenly calling, consider the Apostle and High Priest of our confession, Christ Jesus,"

More Great News = the Holy Spirit continues to pour out His Gifts as mentioned in 1 Corinthians ch12 - ch14

More Great News = the Holy Spirit expressly stated when the Gifts will cease. HE told us this in Acts and 1 Corinthians.
You didn't address the question but dodged it and provided your words and wisdom based on nothing and no scriptural logic or understanding. Goodbye.

• Wow
Reactions: David in NJ