Real Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Actually, it is not unconditional love.
I have spoken to a number who have questioned from within the tactics and tolerances (or lack thereof) within the homsexual community of those that do not agree with them unconditionally.

I have also see how they treat people who attempt to leave that community. They are like Scientologists, only better dressed.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
I totally agree.

It is too bad homosexuals have to look outside the church to feel unconditional love.

Indeed. That's why I mentioned them coming to the Lord for help to get free.

Hi Foreigner,
I have a nephew who states he knew he was attracted to boys as early as late elementary school. He himself states he was never abused, didn't suffer from low self-esteem, and that there were no external influences he is aware of that "caused" him to be gay.

It is very normal for pubertal preteens to have a crush on an older child of the same gender/sex, but this should be a phase. What has gone wrong for children is that they've been given to understand this is a sign of homosexual attraction, and that lie lays them far more open to think about saying 'yes' to an advance, than should ever be in their minds at that age. Those who manage to escape being drawn into a relationship (when they're too young for a relationship anyway!) may well grow through it into completely normal heterosexuals. They just needed more time.

One thing I feel is worth mentioning is this:
Many of the homosexuals I have spoken with state that one of the reasons they "knew" they were homosexuals is because of the fact they were welcomed with open non-judgmental arms within the gay and lesbian community. I have heard more than once that "they accepted me for who I was, baggage and all, without judging me or making me feel that I have to explain who I am or why I feel this way."

This touches on the topic of a sermon by Neil Rhodes at Times Square Church, NYC -
Overcoming Gender Confusion - http://media.tscnyc.org/mp3/20060827S3.mp3 Right at the beginning of this message he qualifies what he means by 'gender confusion', and then moves to the common ground which can be addressed.

I would add that if there is just one adult with bi- or homosexual leanings in a child's life - even a father who was abused as a child - a child in close proximity will pick up those vibes, even though they remain non-verbal.

Hi Kidron,

Sorry, cant agree.

To begin with, if you just reach and grab a "greek text" definition, it could be that your greek text is

not even accurate.
Depends on the greek text, as there are at least 30.
And there is no ORIGINAL Greek Text, so, dont even try that little bit of nonsense.
So, maybe you need to check your facts before you thrust.????

Actually, I have, and your opinion and prejudice won't sway me.

This definition was brought to my attention several years ago, by learned forum members elsewhere. I went away and checked their facts, and I couldn't find one academic authority who didn't agree.

You may be able to find one, somewhere, but that won't change the general scholarship which Strong's represents.

And you will note, therefore, that Jesus did know what He was talking about when He mentioned fornication. And He would have been including perversions of all kinds - because that's what the Greek word means.

My disagreement with you on faith also rests on the meaning given to it by scholars. The first two meanings are 'persuasion' and 'credence'. Now just slow up and think about that. Have you ever been persuaded by Mr No-one? I hope not! And have you have given credence to .... um.... nothing? Again, I hope not!

What this means is... that faith is rooted in the relationship which God initiates with us through His word - no matter how it reaches us - whether by hearing it verbally, or reading it - it is always with the power of the Holy Spirit at work to wake us up to it.

'Belief' in that word inevitably involves us in a response to God Himself, no matter if the outworking is that we stop behaving badly in some area of our lives because of it. That response is 'faith'. That 'knowing what God said' is the 'substance' and that outcome of behaving better is the 'thing hoped for' (in this example).

In other words you have not persuaded me to push my boat out in so-called faith, apart from God's say-so - even although your argument sounds appealing - to the flesh. It's not the example Jesus gave of how to walk in the Spirit. This is not to say that when I'm reading scripture, and He speaks to me, I do nothing. My point is, if He doesn't make a word live, or bring it to mind in a practical situation by way of His leading in that moment, then I don't try to apply it just because intellectually, I can see it could be applied. That is not (nearly) enough for me to step out on in 'faith'.

Now it may be different for you if this is what God is speaking to your spirit, but if He's not, then don't force it.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, it is not unconditional love.
I have spoken to a number who have questioned from within the tactics and tolerances (or lack thereof) within the homsexual community of those that do not agree with them unconditionally.

I have also see how they treat people who attempt to leave that community. They are like Scientologists, only better dressed.

Clever. I never said they found unconditional love - I said they are looking for it.

Kidron

Jun 27, 2012
I totally agree.

It is too bad homosexuals have to look outside the church to feel unconditional love.

Aspen,

Your politically corrected mind has confused "unconditional love" with "unconditional acceptance of behavior".
Typical.

K

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aspen,

Your politically corrected mind has confused "unconditional love" with "unconditional acceptance of behavior".
Typical.

K

It is not our job to accept or reject secular people's behavior - we have no jurisdiction over secular people.

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Hi Kidron,

Aspen,

Typical.

Have you ever read these verses?

1 Corinthians 5:9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters;
for then must ye needs go out of the world.

If you are like Jesus, then sinners will want to spend time in your company. Do you think Jesus had the attitude of which you accuse aspen?

To be honest, I think you have taken great liberties in your attitude to aspen. I am embarrassed that any brother in Christ feels so free, openly to disparage another brother in Christ. By all means disagree with his words, but there's no justificaton for disrespecting him as a person.

Reactions: aspen