Real motive why king saul, and accomplices sought David's death??.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King saul and others following him, pursued David relentlessly. Saul had a evil spirit. Does this give a clue. Psalm chapter 59 lays it out. These wicked people showed their true character. 59:6. They return at evening: they make noise like a dog, and go around the city. Saul, and other wicked people wanted to murder David. Was king saul just jealous of David? Or could satan be involved in this. Messiah, Jesus would be born in the flesh 1,000 years later. Was satan after the blood line of messiah? What is the logical answer.

Sep 27, 2021
Norco
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the Bible taken as it is written shows Saul wanting to kill David is out of jealousy and knowing that he can take the kingdom:
1 Samuel 18:8-9 And Saul was very wroth, and the saying displeased him; and he said, They have ascribed unto David ten thousands, and to me they have ascribed but thousands: and what can he have more but the kingdom? And Saul eyed David from that day and forward. (followed by him first trying to kill David with a spear in a few verses down).
God gave (or probably more "allowed") the evil spirit upon Saul (1 Samuel 19:9 And the evil spirit from the LORD was upon Saul...) so the evil spirit was part of God's plan for achieving His purpose.

I do believe in allegorical interpretation in studying the Bible. Understanding that verses are true history but also provide a deeper spiritual message when compared with other references in the Bible (The Bible is it's own dictionary).
I do think there is a picture of Satan vs. Christ in this, or perhaps false spiritual leaders not giving the Lord the kingship (as we see throughout the old testament in prophets being rejected, Christ being killed, and church prior to the reformation, and now in our world polluted end times church. But I have not studied the book Samuel allegorically so just speculating.
I don't think there is anything in the message of this story that specifically supports that it is Satan trying to stop Jesus from being born though.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
King saul and others following him, pursued David relentlessly. Saul had a evil spirit. Does this give a clue. Psalm chapter 59 lays it out. These wicked people showed their true character. 59:6. They return at evening: they make noise like a dog, and go around the city. Saul, and other wicked people wanted to murder David. Was king saul just jealous of David? Or could satan be involved in this. Messiah, Jesus would be born in the flesh 1,000 years later. Was satan after the blood line of messiah? What is the logical answer.
The bad spirit that deprived Saul of his peace of mind was the bad inclination of his own mind and heart, his inward urge to do wrong. When Jehovah withdrew his holy spirit, Saul lost its protection and came to be dominated by his own bad spirit. Since God permitted that spirit to replace His holy spirit, this bad spirit is termed “a bad spirit from Jehovah.”
We have to remember that after Saul became king he chose to be disobedient. There is no substitute for obedience, no gaining of God’s favor without it. As Samuel told King Saul: “Does Jehovah have as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as in obeying the voice of Jehovah? Look! To obey or literally to listen, is better than a sacrifice, to pay attention than the fat of rams.” (1 Samuel 15:22) To fail to obey is to reject the word of YHWH God, it demonstrates that person really does not believe, trust, or have faith in that word and its Source. So the one failing to obey is no different from the one practicing divination or using idols. (1 Samuel 15:23; compare Roman 6:16)