Lucifer AKA Satan

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@3 Resurrections

Sorry to interject another thread into the debate but this is subject specific and came to mind upon reading something in the Holy book right now.

First... you had posted the following reply #1 to my question... at 3Rs~ A quick question about the binding of Satan.

I have made some text blue for emphasis.

SATAN'S BIOGRAPHY

4004 BC - The seven-day creation week begins the history of the created (or renovated) planet, with the man and the woman given dominion over it conjointly (Genesis 1:28).

3968 / 3967 BC - The Fall of mankind in Adam abdicated that dominion, instigated by Satan's temptation, which granted Satan the title "Prince of This World". Death entered the world, since Satan was called "a murderer from the beginning"(John 8:44). This began the total of THREE millennial ages where Satan was allowed free access to roam the world and deceive the nations at his leisure; when God "who in times past suffered all nations to walk in their own ways" (Acts 14:16). This was what Paul termed "the times of this ignorance" which God "winked at" (Acts 17:30), when idol worship and sacrifice to devils was going on.

968 / 967 BC - SATAN WAS BOUND by God at this beginning of the 4th millennium of fallen mankind's history (the Revelation 20 millennium). This was done at the time when Solomon's temple foundation stone was laid down at the beginning of this millennium composed of a stationary, physical temple worship system ordained by God, according to the pattern given to King David by the Spirit for Solomon to build. The ministry of the prophets, both spoken and written, surged greatly during this millennium, bringing the knowledge of the God of Israel to the nations. This was aided at the beginning by the fame of Solomon's reign and his wisdom which was broadcast among the nations, when Solomon was used by God to "bring low the false accuser" (Psalms 72:4 LXX). When ignorance of God and His ways was dispelled, Satan's power to deceive was chained. This binding of Satan's deception was true even when that knowledge of God and His ways was willfully disregarded by many. At least the disobedient ones could not claim deceived ignorance as an excuse.

33 AD - Satan's deception had continued to be bound during the earthly ministry of Christ and His disciples up until AD 33, as Christ was proving by "spoiling his goods" in casting out devils. But that chain on Satan's deception was removed in this AD 33 year. Christ's crucifixion, resurrection and ascension that day was responsible for casting Satan and his devils as the "accuser of the brethren" out of heaven and down to the earth and the sea, to deceive the nations again in full fury. Christ had warned about this the night of the Last Supper, saying, "...the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me." (John 14:30). This was the time Christ referred to in John 12:31, "Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out." (cast out of heaven down to the earth to deceive the nations once more). AD 33 and the "First resurrection" began the New Covenant composed of a spiritual temple not made with hands, with Christ having been laid down as the "chief cornerstone" - the true foundation stone of this temple built with "living stones".
I now am interrupting this to ask... In Luke 10:we read....

Verse 1 states "1 Now after this the Lord appointed seventy others, and sent them in pairs ahead of Him to every city and place where He Himself was going to come." He had not been crucified as yet.

But in verse 18 we are told...

17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” 18 And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.

FYI... The Peshitta... which I value as do you states it this way.

:18 Then he said to them, I saw him, Satana, when he fell as lightning from heaven.

(For me I was watching Satan fall carries a differing meaning tense wise then I saw him Satana, when he fell)

This was before your "that day was responsible casting Satan and his devils as the "accuser of the brethren" out of heaven and down to the earth" ....... Either Jesus was watching Satan presently falling or while he had fallen (Peshitta)

Excluding the Peshitta, I find this to be chronologically confusing..................

John 12:12 agrees with this time when Satan was loosed in AD 33, because he was warning his readers at that time that Satan had already come down unto them in great wrath, knowing he had only a "short time" left to operate deceptively in this world.

Nasb95 states John 12:12 reads 12 On the next day, when the large crowd that had come to the feast heard that Jesus was coming to Jerusalem,

Peshitta...12And the next day a great crowd which had come to the feast, when they heard that Yeshua had come to Jerusalem,
Peter agreed with this when he wrote describing Satan at that time as a "roaring lion" walking about, seeking those he could devour (1 Peter 5:8).
But it does not say for Satan has a short time... it is those who are being spoken to... vs 10

8 Be of sober spirit, be on the alert. Your adversary, the devil, prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour. 9 But resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experiences of suffering are being accomplished by your brethren who are in the world. 10 After you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you.

Now I shall stop here because you know I do not agree with you on this... and this is just partially why.
66 - 70 AD - Satan's "short time" and "little season" of deceiving the nations (without that restricting chain) became concentrated in one location - the city of Jerusalem - where he and his devils were imprisoned until the end of that war (Isaiah 24:21-23 and Revelation 18:2). He and his devils worked their ruinous deception on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, since Christ had predicted that nation's people would be oppressed by seven-fold numbers of devils more wicked in the "last state" of that nation than in its "first state" when Christ had been casting out devils from among them (Matthew 12:43-45).

70 AD - By the close of the war, the Satanic realm was completely destroyed - even to ashes on the earth, as prophesied in Isaiah 24:21-23, Isaiah 27:1, Zechariah 13:2, Ezekiel 28:18-19, Daniel 2:35, and Daniel 7:11. From that AD 70 point forward, until the end of fallen mankind's history on this planet (in 3033 AD - the culmination of 7,000 years), any evil committed in this world has been due solely to the evil emerging from the hearts of mankind.

This list above gives us a description of several different "spiritual" environments to which mankind has been subjected over the millennia of history:
#1) 35 plus years without Satan influencing the originally sinless couple,
#2) 3,000 years with Satan allowed time to deceive the nations at his leisure,
#3) a literal 1,000 years when Satan's deception of the nations was bound, then
#4) a 37 years "little season" of an infuriated Satan working at full steam to deceive the nations,
#5) then almost 3,000 years again with absolutely no presence of the Satanic realm around to instigate deception and evil anymore.

In every one of these various "spiritual" environments, mankind has failed the test to live without committing sinful acts. This is proof that without the sustaining grace of the Spirit of God within, mankind has fallen into sin every time by exercising its fallen will to do so, regardless of the presence (or absence) of any outside influence by Satan, his devils, or unclean spirits.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
17 The seventy returned with joy, saying, “Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name.” 18 And He said to them, “I was watching Satan fall from heaven like lightning.

FYI... The Peshitta... which I value as do you states it this way.

:18 Then he said to them, I saw him, Satana, when he fell as lightning from heaven.

(For me I was watching Satan fall carries a differing meaning tense wise then I saw him Satana, when he fell)

This was before your "that day was responsible casting Satan and his devils as the "accuser of the brethren" out of heaven and down to the earth" ....... Either Jesus was watching Satan presently falling or while he had fallen (Peshitta)

Satan falling from heaven like lightning happened in real time at Christ's resurrection-day ascension to the Father, when this "accuser of the brethren" was cast out of heaven down to earth. Christ was prophesying to His disciples of this coming event when He said "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven". Or, as the Peshitta quote above, "...I saw him, Satana, when he fell as lightning from heaven."

Why does it sound like a past tense of Satan having already fallen from heaven when Christ says this to the 70 disciples? Christ was using what we today call the "prophetic perfect tense" of speaking. In other words, speaking as if something was already accomplished when that prophesied event had yet to occur.

One example of this is the prophet Micaiah predicting to King Ahab, "I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the Lord said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace" (1 Kings 22:17). This prophecy was fulfilled in the coming battle where King Ahab was killed by a bowshot from one of the King of Syria's soldiers, and Ahab's army was dispersed and returned to their homes. Yet the prophet Micaiah spoke of this in the past tense as an already-accomplished fact - so certain was he of God's fulfillment of this approaching event which would come to pass as predicted beforehand.

Last edited:

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan falling from heaven like lightning happened in real time at Christ's resurrection-day ascension to the Father, when this "accuser of the brethren was cast out of heaven down to earth. Christ was prophesying to His disciples of this coming event when He said "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven". Or, as the Peshitta quote above, "...I saw him, Satana, when he fell as lightning from heaven."

Why does it sound like a past tense of Satan having already fallen from heaven when Christ says this to the 70 disciples? Christ was using what we today call the "prophetic perfect tense" of speaking. In other words, speaking as if something was already accomplished when that prophesied event had yet to occur.

One example of this is the prophet Micaiah predicting to King Ahab, "I saw all Israel scattered upon the hills, as sheep that have not a shepherd: and the Lord said, These have no master: let them return every man to his house in peace" (1 Kings 22:17). This prophecy was fulfilled in the coming battle where King Ahab was killed by a bowshot from one of the King of Syria's soldiers, and Ahab's army was dispersed and returned to their homes. Yet the prophet Micaiah spoke of this in the past tense as an already-accomplished fact - so certain was he of God's fulfillment of this approaching event which would come to pass as predicted beforehand.
Thanks... I understand....

ShineTheLight

May 7, 2021
Beaverton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan falling from heaven like lightning happened in real time at Christ's resurrection-day ascension to the Father, when this "accuser of the brethren" was cast out of heaven down to earth. Christ was prophesying to His disciples of this coming event when He said "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven". Or, as the Peshitta quote above, "...I saw him, Satana, when he fell as lightning from heaven."

No. He is not speaking about a prophesied or coming event, or something that happened at his ascension day. Jesus is talking about when he kicked out Satan and the angels who rebelled with him against God in Revelation. From the third heaven.

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. He is not speaking about a prophesied or coming event, or something that happened at his ascension day. Jesus is talking about when he kicked out Satan and the angels who rebelled with him against God in Revelation. From the third heaven.
Alright. I am not arguing. I simply want to know when you feel this happened and if you believe Satan is out of our lives today as so many believe?

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course, Jesus was talking about the Revelation 12 description of Satan and his devils being kicked out of heaven after the war with Michael and his angels.

But that war in heaven with Satan's eviction was an event future to the time Jesus said "I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven...". We can know that because of the context of Revelation 12's war. The victory overcoming Satan was accomplished by the "blood of the Lamb" (Rev. 12:11), which tells us we are reading about an event which took place AFTER Christ's crucifixion and resurrection-day ascension to the Father. That was when He offered His blood sacrifice on heaven's mercy seat and "offered Himself without spot to God...".

The victorious ones in heaven announced at that point in time, "NOW HAS COME SALVATION, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ, for the accuser of our brethren is cast down..." (Rev. 12:10). At that point in time in heaven, the legal, judicial terms of our salvation had been satisfied by Christ's blood sacrifice being accepted by God on our behalf. At that point in time, Satan no longer had any grounds for accusing the saints of sin. He lost that ability to accuse the brethren, once the legal requirements for our salvation were fulfilled by God's acceptance of Christ's blood sacrifice, and by God anointing Christ as our Great High Priest intercessor forever.

Christ knew this victory over Satan in heaven was coming soon at His resurrection-day ascension. That is why He predicted Satan's future fall from heaven unto the earth to the 70 rejoicing disciples who were then being able to cast out unclean spirits by the name of Christ.