Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, 2 different things. Just because Mary was a virgin does NOT mean it was prophecied.

I see it just the opposite. The OT prophesy gives the knowledge in awareness, and is explained in the NT.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you can see it anyway you like. The Isaiah verse in question is not a Messianic prophecy.

Well, I guess you can see it anyway you like.

One of my professors called it the greatest of all prophecies found in Scripture.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quote a shill for Christianity. That's very close to claiming "The bible is true because the bible says it's true." You did this because you cannot refute the claim that Isaiah would have used the common word for virgin - bethulah - if he had meant to describe a virgin. That's why Christianity is so dependent on Apologetics. When faced with the obvious frauds, redactions, interpolations, and outright lies in your bible, your only choice is to invent 'apologies' to explain them away. That's a large part of why you guys are so often stomped like narcs at a biker rally when it comes to intelligent discourse. Do you ever wonder why there has never been a need for Apologetics in Science? That's a rhetorical question....
<ignored>

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are wrong. And you're making a habit of it.

Highlight - Almah (עַלְמָה‎ ‘almā, plural: עֲלָמוֹת‎ ‘ălāmōṯ), from a root implying the vigour of puberty, is a Hebrew word meaning a young woman ripe for marriage;[1] despite its importance to the account of the virgin birth of Jesus in the Gospel of Matthew, scholars agree that it refers to a woman of childbearing age and has nothing to do with virginity.[2] It occurs nine times in the Hebrew Bible.[3]

How much more of a hole will you dig yourself into?
<ignored>

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Biblical times, "young women", i.e., teenagers, were all virgins. When a girl menstruated she was considered marriageable and was married very soon afterward. That was Isaiah's meaning and applied to Miriam (Mary).

Reactions: Charlie24

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me thinks Wrangler is is up to his usual arguing.
Maybe. As another poster pointed out, not one Jewish scholar ever considered the verse in question a Messianic prophecy.

Certainly, a Messianic prophecy qualified as the greatest in OT would have the Jews holding up as one. So, there is that.

Reactions: Mr E

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe. As another poster pointed out, not one Jewish scholar ever considered the verse in question a Messianic prophecy.

Certainly, a Messianic prophecy qualified as the greatest in OT would have the Jews holding up as one. So, there is that.

I think his reasoning on that was, the introduction of the Saviour that takes away the sins of the world.

Can there be a greater prophecy?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think his reasoning on that was, the introduction of the Saviour that takes away the sins of the world.

Can there be a greater prophecy?
What?! You are confusing the object of the prophecy with the specifics of an individual prophecy.

Just because the object is the Saviour that takes away the sins of the world does not mean the Isaiah verse in question is a Messianic prophecy.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Biblical times, "young women", i.e., teenagers, were all virgins. When a girl menstruated she was considered marriageable and was married very soon afterward. That was Isaiah's meaning and applied to Miriam (Mary).
Isa 7:14 - Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Now insert your interpretation- Therefore the Lord shall give you a sign; Behold a young woman shall conceive and bear a son. Young women conceive and bear children every day. What kind of sign is that?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What?! You are confusing the object of the prophecy with the specifics of an individual prophecy.

Just because the object is the Saviour that takes away the sins of the world does not mean the Isaiah verse in question is a Messianic prophecy.

The entire prophecy of the Hebrew people was preparing them for the Messiah.

His Cross, His salvation, and yes His virgin birth. I'm not going on with this, it's a dead end road.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just comment on where you the think Jewish eschatology detailed in the link is in error. The only thing your gospel authors seem to agree on is that the Messiah must be from the line of David.
Do you mean the below? if so, I don't think it is in error. how can i comment on where i think it is in error, when i don't. You said first i would have to convince you Jesus was the Messiah? which then do you think doesn't speak of him?
  • a male descendant of the Jewish King David
  • human - he will have a human birth and human parents
  • a perfect teacher of God’s law
  • a great political leader - inspirational and a good judge
  • able to rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem
  • ruler over humanity - but he will rule with kindness
  • the bringer of peace to the world
  • able to unite humanity

Reactions: Jim B

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews reject Jesus because - as the undisputed experts on the attributes of the Messiah - they know he failed to qualify. An honest review of the actual Messianic verses from the OT reveal a complete absence of:
A virgin birth, a crucifixion, a resurrection, and most importantly, any divine qualities. The gospel authors knew this full well, but went ahead and lied about it anyway, knowing their target audience was not learned Jews, but ignorant Roman pagans. Christianity thus failed from day one under the weight of NT lies and fraud.

Welcome Gaffer.

I've prepared a short musical introduction for your.... introduction.

Don't be discouraged by dissenters--- Your bull is as welcome here as any other.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You seem to ignore the fact that most Atheists are former Christians, often having spent more time in honest study of the scriptures. It's why we often understand more than the self-professed Christians.

That's like saying most non-smokers are former smokers. Is it true? No, it's patently false. But those former smokers do know more about smoking than most of the other non-smokers. An 'honest' study would prove this true. You can have a hat full of stats but it won't make it taste better when you have to eat it.