Reasons Jews Reject Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The price he paid?? Jesus had a bad weekend. Blacks in the Jim Crow south suffered as much, and more - at the hands of loving, faithful Christians.
And I've reacted to the one called Christ by pointing out that he was not the Messiah, as evidenced by the attributes he failed to fulfill. So, not one person here has been able to rebut that claim. Go figger.
<ignored>

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Non sequitur. I made no claim to be saved. I simply pointed out the contradiction of a 'good and loving god' that narcissistically demands worship and threatens eternal suffering if its craven needs aren't met.
<ignored>

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So your apologetic is that "well, a virgin birth doesn't have to mean a virgin birth..." That's a convenient dodge that I see often. And it's understandable that in the face of a fraud committed by the gospel authors - "Jesus was born of a virgin, thus fulfilling scripture and proving he is the Messiah" - when in fact a virgin birth was not even an attribute listed in OT Messianic prophesy - that Christians would be forced to invent this kind of work around. When faced with the Truth that Isaiah 7:14 isn't Messianic, and doesn't in truth even reference a virgin birth - I have had Christians insist that "well, those verses have a SECRET meaning - yeah, that's the ticket!"
Ay caramba...... :disappointed:
<ignored>

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With my 3 cancers and heart condition, I try to invest my time wisely. :)
I’m sorry. I truly can’t imagine…I might one day but I can’t imagine hearing the word cancer. I have two close to me that I’ve known for years…one has bone cancer. The other prostate, kidney, a brain tumor and now the cancer has moved to his back. I seriously can’t imagine what that is like. How are you doing …I mean are you receiving treatment?
Do you have a rebuttal to the claims of Hebrew scholars regarding the attributes of the Messiah?
I have to run errands. I will try to not waste your time. Do you want me to address from the article link you posted or address from the OP? Which attributes do you want addressed? I’m kind of slow and loose track…help me to stay on track. Can you list those you want addressed in simplicity?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, he doesn't. Isa 7:14 fails on several levels.

1- It's not even Messianic. You can't find a single Jewish scholar or rabbi - or any credible list of Messianic attributes from the Jewish experts themselves that think it is. Why? Because

2- It doesn't say anything about a virgin birth. If Isaiah was talking about a virgin giving birth, he would have used the Hebrew word for virgin - bethulah, the way he did over and over again elsewhere. The way every OT author used the word. Instead, he uses the word for a 'young woman' - almah.

3- Anyone with an IQ over 12 that has actually read the story knows that it has nothing to do with a virgin birth. It plainly tells the story of Isaiah letting King Ahaz know that before this child named Immanuel reaches a certain age of understanding, god will vanquish all of the Kinds enemies.

4- Guess what - Isaiah's prophesy FAILED. Ahaz got his ass kicked by his enemies.

These facts are well known by both Jewish, and in Truth, Christian scholars. But your gospel authors were so desperate to create a story that would appeal to their pagan marks - knowing they were ignorant of OT scripture - that they fraudulently reinvented it as Messianic prophesy and squeezed Jesus into it. That Christians are completely ignorant of this fraud is an embarrassment. But here we are, with 2 billion victims - lied to repeatedly by their church - still tithing to this multi trillion dollar scam.

I often have Christians ask me "Why are you so angry? Why do you hate god so much?"

The answer is that Christians confuse anger and hate with the profound sadness we feel for your terrible loss. You have lost your willingness and ability to Reason. You have abrogated doing the honest work of studying the bible for comprehension to the clergy that makes their living off of your blind credulity. It makes us incredibly sad to know that you are the ones that need saving. But some of us are still willing to try. All I can do is speak Truth to power.
<ignored>

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm stating as a well known fact that the use of the word 'virgin' is a proven translation error:

• ” Isaiah 7:14 Mistranslation The word Almah has been mistranslated by most Christians as “ virgin.” In truth, this word means " young woman. " Additionally, the definite article (Ha-ה) means " the " and indicates that the prophet is speaking about a specific woman who he can point to.
You can learn more of the Truth exposing the fraud committed by the gospel authors in my response to Charlie24 elsewhere.

Your church knew this error full well, and yet lied to you about it anyway. How does that make you feel?
<ignored>

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
LOL, the "Masters of the Law" the Jewish scholars are the ones who started this junk.

They hate Christ as much as you do! Several truths of Christ denied by the Jews can be pointed out in Scripture.

The Atheist is just following suit in the rejection of the Christ.
You mean the 'masters of the law' - given to them by your god? You mean the Law that Jesus said must be followed - every whit and tittle, unto the ending of the world? You must be a Paulist instead of a Christian. Paul is the one that gives you the easy road of tossing out those onerous Laws. Jesus stated otherwise. When they contradict each other, who do you follow? Paul, or your Lord and Savior?

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm stating as a well known fact that the use of the word 'virgin' is a proven translation error:

• ” Isaiah 7:14 Mistranslation The word Almah has been mistranslated by most Christians as “ virgin.” In truth, this word means " young woman. " Additionally, the definite article (Ha-ה) means " the " and indicates that the prophet is speaking about a specific woman who he can point to.
You can learn more of the Truth exposing the fraud committed by the gospel authors in my response to Charlie24 elsewhere.

Your church knew this error full well, and yet lied to you about it anyway. How does that make you feel?

That is your opinion, "almah" means a young woman/a virgin.

This prophesy was given to Isaiah as a rebuttal in the efforts of Satan working through the kings of Syria and Israel to do away and unseat Ahaz.

Ahaz was the seed of David and king of Judah. they were trying to make void (through the work of Satan) the promise of God given to David that his seed (Christ) would rule the Kingdom forever.

Reactions: Jim B

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
So, in your own way, you are here evangelizing.
Evangelizing means to preach the gospel or bring someone to Christianity. So no, but you have the gist of it. I seek to bring people to Truth. Most will deny the Truth, but some accept it. That's always a good result.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, you quoting Jesus will clearly mean nothing to me until you provide the evidence that he was even the Messiah. Let's not put the cart before the horse. I have presented clear evidence from the OT experts that Jesus is not the Messiah. You yourself provide even more evidence when you claim that Jesus was divine. That claim is precisely when the Jews knew he was NOT the Messiah. Do you have a rebuttal to the claims of Hebrew scholars regarding the attributes of the Messiah? If not, there's no need for us to waste more time. With my 3 cancers and heart condition, I try to invest my time wisely. :)
You are not investing your time wisely, you are filled with hostility and the need to attack others.

You had best repent before your cancers and heart condition kill you. Consider that your hatred and vilification of God's children will not be ignored when you face Him and His Son, the Messiah.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean the 'masters of the law' - given to them by your god? You mean the Law that Jesus said must be followed - every whit and tittle, unto the ending of the world? You must be a Paulist instead of a Christian. Paul is the one that gives you the easy road of tossing out those onerous Laws. Jesus stated otherwise. When they contradict each other, who do you follow? Paul, or your Lord and Savior?

You forgot the part where Paul told us that "the Law was our schoolmaster" to point us to Christ.

Of course the only way to keep Law and commandments is to totally ignore Paul, who was given personally by Christ the meaning of the New Covenant.

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You forgot the part where Paul told us that "the Law was our schoolmaster" to point us to Christ.

Of course the only way to keep Law and commandments is to totally ignore Paul, who was given personally by Christ the meaning of the New Covenant.
I'm certain you believe that, but it's complete nonsense.

The son of the living god - also divine - sent here to save all of mankind... was taken back to heaven without finishing his ministry.
In apparent embarrassment, he had to sneak back and whisper in Paul's ear (why only Paul?) that "Oh, by the way, I completely biffed on the New Covenant! It gives you a much easier Sell with those ignorant pagans!"

But thanx for answering the question - you choose Paul over Jesus. Welcome to Christianity. And, I guess, to Mormonism as well.

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Charlie24

Feb 24, 2021
Monroe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm certain you believe that, but it's complete nonsense.

The son of the living god - also divine - sent here to save all of mankind... was taken back to heaven without finishing his ministry.
In apparent embarrassment, he had to sneak back and whisper in Paul's ear (why only Paul?) that "Oh, by the way, I completely biffed on the New Covenant! It gives you a much easier Sell with those ignorant pagans!"

But thanx for answering the question - you choose Paul over Jesus. Welcome to Christianity. And, I guess, to Mormonism as well.

Of course you don't believe the Scripture. So you can't believe the Scripture when it plainly tells us that Christ personally chose Paul to bear the truth of the Gospel to the Jews and the Gentiles.

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
I’m sorry. I truly can’t imagine…I might one day but I can’t imagine hearing the word cancer. I have two close to me that I’ve known for years…one has bone cancer. The other prostate, kidney, a brain tumor and now the cancer has moved to his back. I seriously can’t imagine what that is like. How are you doing …I mean are you receiving treatment?

I have to run errands. I will try to not waste your time. Do you want me to address from the article link you posted or address from the OP? Which attributes do you want addressed? I’m kind of slow and loose track…help me to stay on track. Can you list those you want addressed in simplicity?
I'm doing great. Ya gotta die of something. :)

Just comment on where you the think Jewish eschatology detailed in the link is in error. The only thing your gospel authors seem to agree on is that the Messiah must be from the line of David.

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
You are not investing your time wisely, you are filled with hostility and the need to attack others.

You had best repent before your cancers and heart condition kill you. Consider that your hatred and vilification of God's children will not be ignored when you face Him and His Son, the Messiah.
Oh, back again! Lacking the discipline to actually ignore me, huh? Too funny. But thanx for the warning. It's a very compelling argument.....

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
"Key beliefs in Judaism" give me a break!!! You do realize that Judaism denies Jesus Christ and despises the thought of Him.
Yes, of course they deny Jesus. And unlike you, I know the legitimate reasons why they deny Jesus. Clearly you haven't been able to follow the ball here. Your emotional claim that they despise him is, of course, vacuous. If and when you bother do to an honest study of actual Messianic prophesy - there is a chance you will see the Truth. I can only lead you to the water. You have to have the intellectual integrity to drink.

Gaffer

Mar 8, 2023
Tucson
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Of course you don't believe the Scripture. So you can't believe the Scripture when it plainly tells us that Christ personally chose Paul to bear the truth of the Gospel to the Jews and the Gentiles.
I believe all kinds of scripture. I believe the OT scripture that proves Jesus is not the Messiah. I believe the scripture that calls for Christians to love their enemies - and wonder at why they consistently ignore it. I just don't believe scripture from NT authors that are proven frauds. It's simply discernment. A life skill you would benefit from acquiring.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E