Rebuking The Nicene Creed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pariah

Nov 10, 2007
May the Lord open the eyes and the ears regarding this error done in ecumenical format:Quote of the contention from the Nicene Creed
We believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son. With the Father and the Son, He is worshiped and glorified. He has spoken through the Prophets. We believe in one, holy, catholic, and apostolic Church.
Is the Holy Spirit really the giver of life?John 6:32Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Moses gave you not that bread from heaven; but my Father giveth you the true bread from heaven. 33For the bread of God is he which cometh down from heaven, and giveth life unto the world. 34Then said they unto him, Lord, evermore give us this bread. 35And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.Is the Holy Spirit really to be worshipped and glorified?John 5: 22For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son: 23That all men should honour the Son, even as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father which hath sent him.No mentioning of the Holy Spirit even though He is God. And yet, the specific commandment in how we shall be judged by is that the only way to honour the Father is through the Son.John 13:31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him. 32If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him.No mentioning of the Holy Spirit again as God the Father is straightway glorified through the Son. Again, confirmation elsewhere in the scriptures...John 17:1These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee: 2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent. 4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do. 5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.Why isn't the Holy Spirit to be mentioned in honour, worship, and glory? The Holy Spirit was not sent for that to be done towards.John 16:13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come. 14He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you. 15All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.If He will not speak of himself, but to testify of Jesus Christ to glorify the Son, then He will not lead us to worship nor glorify Himself either, bit other spirits will.Yes, the Holy Spirit is God, but scriptures are in agreement as to what He was sent to do. Heed the commandment in His invitation in regards to coming to the Father in worship, and note the point of His relationship with the Father that by knowing the Son, we shall know the Father.John 14: 6Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. 7If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him. 8Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us. 9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? 10Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. 11Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. 12Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. 13And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. 14If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it. 15If ye love me, keep my commandments. 16And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; 17Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.John 15:26But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: 27And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.Philippians 2:9Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name: 10That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; 11And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.Those that hear.. discern how those that chase after the Holy Spirit would judge those that follow not after them as a dead church, bearing false witness of the Gospel.John 5: 39Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.Jesus is the bread of life that God giveth life to the world as Jesus is the Life.John 6:62What and if ye shall see the Son of man ascend up where he was before? 63It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. So it is by believing in Jesus, we have life in His name.John 20:31But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.So believers that "fall" for the movement of the spirit by chasing after the "Spirit of God" should stop what they are doing, pause, and discern in regards to our faith of all of its little leavens that they say and do in those errors of anything that would share the spotlight on Jesus Christ with the Holy Spirit by blurring the roles and the offices given specifically to the Son that is to His glory. That includes all churches of the faith that places the Holy Spirit to be worshipped and glorified with the Son in songs & deeds.Jude 1: 24Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Robertson

Jun 11, 2013
Thank you! I do balk at the apostolic church line in there. An apostolic church that has no Apostles. That whole creed comes from man, not from God. Thanks for you post, friend!

Pilgrimer

Jun 20, 2013
Mobile, Alabama
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you misunderstand what the Nicene Creed, the first universal creed of Christendom, actually means. The creed states, accurately, that the Holy Spirit proceeds from the Father and the Son. It is the spirit of Jesus that enters into the heart of the believer and wakens our old dead man and brings us to life, as the Scriptures teaches: "And so it is written, the first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam (Jesus) was made a quickening (life-giving) spirit." 1 Corinthians 15:45

Surely you do not deny the work of the Spirit in our regeneration?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDhUnfHoMrQ

In Christ,
Pilgrimer

day

Aug 2, 2012
Idaho, USA
Without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit we have no spiritual life. Unless we are born of water (natural life) and the Spirit (spiritual life) we cannot be part of God's eternal kingdom. That is why the Holy Spirit is referred to as giver of life. His presence within us is our seal of eternal life. Jesus won this for us by his life and death and resurrection.